Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

celeb name drops: 

(John) Lennon

Harry Nilsson

Ella Fitzgerald

John Denver

(Jack) Donoghue

Margaret (Qualley)

Angelina Jolie

/ bands:

The Beatles

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

direct song name drops:

Don't Forget Me

Rocky Mountain High

Hotel California

film references:

Paris, Texas 

This Property is Condemned (album art) 

Diary Of a Teenage Girl

Carlito's Way 

& possible musical references in lyrics imo:

"thats how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen, Anthem - Kintsugi 

"I'm folk I'm jazz I'm blue I'm green" - Blue In Green, Miles Davis - Grandfather

more of a reach but maybe "on the stairs, Ella Fitzgerald in the air" about Stairway To The Stars by Ella Fitzgerald - Fishtail

n then obviously there's the Tommy Genesis , PT & Grandfather samples,,

as well as all the times she sampled/referenced her own work but i cba to type these out like when you know you know.:smile2:

I'm probably missing some so if you think of another quote a girlie & help me complete the lists..I think Kintsugi might have some ?

Love this, thank you!

3 minutes ago, Corona said:

Does that pastor in the interlude say “without gays” or am I tripping? What is the context:judgingu3: 

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Still, vinyls always contribute the most towards her sales. I'm sure that she'd have gotten around 50-60k for BB if they were on time. 

Considering the streams i think 20k if we were lucky. No way she was shipping 50-60k if it only charted for 2 wks.

But this is an ocean blvd thread and this album is going to have a nice debut. Thinking at the very least 90k for sure! Cannot wait to see how the GP likes it!

Spoiler

Let the light in is so fun and kinda cuntry but done right, it should definitely be in a movie and fishtail should be in euphoria 100% 

but actually we need a fishtail, peppers and tt x vb short film directed by Harmony Korine

i personally dont think we'd get MV for this album unless she does vlog videos again... but i do remember people assuming she was shooting for big stuff. what song on this album could have a proper MV?

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

I really like how the songs are arranged on the album, they made everything right this time. Maybe some more 'pop' songs like a&w and peppers instead of the interludes would have been fine.

Spoiler

they really set Margaret up by putting her right after the superior feature….

I really do like Margaret tho—even the part where that guy does a Bradley Cooper impersonation :P

Just now, summer bummer said:

pitchfork are really handing out Best New Music marks to everyone so i feel like Lana could get one, also with A&W getting best new track

why aw for best new track? if were going off popularity, i think peppers is going to be more popular than aw.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

Her vocals has never sounded more emotive as they do in this album…..the way she sings “tragedy” in Fingertips kills meeee….and don’t get me started on Grandfathers vocals….:icant:

Her vocals on this album…^

1 minute ago, IMURMAN said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone have kintsugi lyrics?

I really wanna comprehend this whole song :icant:

Spoiler

i don’t rly understand all of Kintsugi either. i need someone to attempt to explain it to me tbh :toofunny: