Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I fucking hope this is not the surprise BoX referred to because… :pft::pls::usrsney::stareney3:

But why would they do listening parties on Wednesday when the album is out on Friday? Would it count towards the UK Charts?

Just now, brooklyn bitch said:

But why would they do listening parties on Wednesday when the album is out on Friday? Would it count towards the UK Charts?

Probably to get fans hyped/posting on Tik Tok that they heard the album early etc.

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Do songs have to be released as singles to be nominated for Grammys?

well, NFR was not a single and it was nominated for song of the year

but it technically had a video so i dont know how a "single" is really classified tbh. so im kind of just making shit up :rip: 

4 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Yes

are we sure? i guess these are examples where non-singles won grammy's

"Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones - This song won the Grammy Award for Record of the Year in 2003, even though it was never released as a single.

"Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve - This song won a Grammy for Best Rock Song in 1999, even though it was not released as a single in the United States.

"I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston - This song won the Grammy Award for Record of the Year in 1994, even though it was not released as a single in that year.

"Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye feat. Kimbra - This song won multiple Grammys in 2013, including Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, even though it was not initially released as a single.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

6 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I need their detailed review on each track! 

Sadly, I think that this must be it. Have there ever been listening parties for a Lana record? It's something that will please the fans, so BOZ's comment kinda makes sense...

You’re so right… and yet :crying2: 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

You’re so right… and yet :crying2: 

He said it has nothing to do with Ocean Blvd tho
And Kintsugi said "new music" about the surprise

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Spoiler

another theme besides overcoming the fear of death and finding happiness also seems to be fixing past mistakes or do-overs no? especially referencing older songs and kintsugi ? and these are connected i guess. on the one hand embracing mistakes like the opening but on the other, fixing them? 

It would be so iconic if Taco

Spoiler

lasted longer with a second verse and chorus before transforming into VB and if it were like 10 minutes because of that. 

Anyway it's still her best closer hands down. What a way to finish an album with bang after stripped down closers for 3 albums straight 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Do songs have to be released as singles to be nominated for Grammys?

No, but she always submits the title track to Pop Solo/ROTY/SOTY so there's nothing to be excited about.

3 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

I find it odd too. Probably another « HM being played at Urban Outfitters » type of promo. NGL, at first I thought the date was because of the time zones… until I realized it’s not in Australia, where times can change the release day of an album :thumb3::bebe:

this fucking bxxch, why dont you l-word candy necklace?:agree:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, lanitataco said:

are we sure? bad guy wasnt a single but won grammys

Bad guy was a single 😭 she had a whole remix with Justin Bieber and everything. 

But I looked it up, I am wrong, it doesn’t have to be a single to be nominated

on the judah smith interlude 

Spoiler

based on the description of her laughing, i wonder if it's like when she was younger, going to church, giggling with friends during sermons. that's how i was. even though later in life i realized there is some wisdom there 

Just now, brooklyn bitch said:

Bad guy was a single 😭 she had a whole remix with Justin Bieber and everything. 

But I looked it up, I am wrong, it doesn’t have to be a single to be nominated

i had to look up bad guy too skfjsdfldas i figured google was lying

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...