Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

I think that some people’s disappointment with fishtail is that it wasn’t what they expected. It was expected to be a Cherry, TJF, cinnamon girl type track, which it most is. However, it sounds a little more unconventional and experimental than those songs. I overall like it though 

Just now, hayden del rey said:
  Hide contents

what song has the “white woman” lyric? i’ve listened to the entire album but didn’t even catch that line anywhere

Spoiler

Grandfather

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Tentative review:

Spoiler

So, I’m gonna get my critiques out of the way.

I trust her, but I do genuinely wonder if the album would have benefited from spreading Fishtails and Peppers across the album, as I don’t actually mind Taco Truck’s placement - it ends menacingly, after all the vulnerability she’s shown on this album she ends strongly, with a sort of “yeah, and what?” Big dick energy. In an alternate world however, I can very clearly see the title track being the last one.

Possibly put Fishtails after Sweet or after A&W before Judah Smith Interlude… and Peppers between Fingertips and Paris Texas. This may likely or not be impacted once I hear Candy Necklace.

I like Let the Light In very much, it’s continuing to grow, but it did hit me the slowest.

Now, with that said, this is quite simply her strongest work to date across the board. It is gorgeous, daring, and is irreverent and profound at the same time. A true journey into her subconscious, I hope we go even further. I don’t know who said it before, feel free to tag me and I’ll edit/credit you in here, but they said how this might function similarly to the LFL album, in that it was a strange mess (though this is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of LFL) before a more widely acclaimed amor resonant record in NFR. Im genuinely unsure of how this one will be received because of the tonal pivot at the end of the album, which is such a shame because literally NONE of it is bad.

I know, this is a very weird way of saying this is my favourite Lana Del Rey album, because it is. Because I genuinely feel speechless describing how I resonate with this music positively, it goes beyond words into the simple listening and experiencing of it, the thing itself. Having lost my father four years ago, and my own curious family history, the themes of grief and family and the beauty in the mundane in response to this pain resonates profoundly. My favourite high point is likely Kintsugi, it sort of strikes me as a more successful or rather tightened up Fingertips in that it’s a stream of consciousness with a bit more structure. Margaret is a close second, it’s so earnest and gorgeous, no front, just love. Genuinely confused by their lack of reception from insiders. Looking forward to Candy Necklace.

She is so generous with the details of her inner life, as well as her outer life as expressed in her gifting and in her prolific nature. Thanks Lana.

Just now, DCooper said:

Okay I have officially established to my friends that I'm leaving the plans early tonight to listen :true::trisha:

Oh I'm ready. Make sure to @ me. :et:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I haven't listened to the leak, but I don't mind reading spoilers. I have a question...

Spoiler

Are the Kintsugi lyrics as personal and revealing as the Fingertips lyrics? Are the two songs somehow similar in sound, themes explored, etc? I remember she described them both as wordy, but not sure what to expect from Kintsugi

does anyone actually enjoy

Spoiler

the judah smith interlude..... like.... listening to it twice is enough for a lifetime... i dont need someone screaming at me when im trying to listen to the aoty

Just now, Roll With me said:

I haven't listened to the leak, but I don't mind reading spoilers. I have a question...

Hide contents

Are the Kintsugi lyrics as personal and revealing as the Fingertips lyrics? Are the two songs somehow similar in sound, themes explored, etc? I remember she described them both as wordy, but not sure what to expect from Kintsugi

Spoiler

Less revealing, but just as personal if that makes sense. Kintsugi is very cathartic, she's working through generational issues in more of an abstract way. Fingertips, still abstract, is straight up devastating and revealing about painful memories and talks about her entire family.