Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Reveal hidden contents

definitely peppers

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:
  Hide contents

Peppers 🌶️ 

thank you besties, and what visuals do you think would go nicely for fishtail?? that song is such a mystery to me like i cant imagine what it even is 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 hours ago, Get Drunk said:

Do we think that screaming song is Burn You where I Belong or whatever it was called

I think Kintsugi said earlier BMWIB isn't a song title and it's just something he made up 

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

From the descriptions, Let the light in will probably be my least fave... tomorrow never came 2.0 apparantly :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Theory about Candy Necklace: 

It's weird that we have the Jon Interlude and not this song cause it makes no sense that they worked together and only made that random Interlude (that I love tho) or that the recorded an interlude before a full song so it's either

- there's another Jon song that was swapped out for CN recorded before the intelude

- she's working with him for LDR10 and the Interlude came from those sessions but they loved CN so much she had to include it in this record last minute 

Edit: I missed the Kintsugi tea about the scrapped song existing :hide: but was it a Jon track too? I wouldn't expect something that allegedly wild from them 

Edited by Venice Peach

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

From the descriptions, Let the light in will probably be my least fave... tomorrow never came 2.0 apparantly :bye:

Spoiler

Those songs are nothing alike. Father John Misty doesn't even have a verse. :xgiggle:

Spoiler

omg is there a love song reference in ltli? like ik its a common phrase but the way she says love song is very similar to the way she says it in love song

4 minutes ago, CVNTDELREY said:

Do you think it will do better in streams than BB and Cotcc did?:pout:

Yeah definitely. The first two singles from this album have already the same number of streams as the BB singles :um2:

I hope she smashes on streaming cause I want them to let Lana release digital first from now on :icant: I love vinyl but I don't like having to wait 4 extra months when the album is already done

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

she could've scrapped sweet for the screamo song. honestly that would've made it an almost perfect album for me. 

the only things I dont like about this album:
sweet is entirely boring & pointless imo

Margaret im not too big a fan of but I think it'll grow on me
fishtail is weird. I am not loving it at ALL but im living for the production choices. hope it grows on me, but some of the lyrics are just corny imo
Taco Truck goes too hard into the VB thing, should loop back into TT verse at the end. 

basically, add a final verse to TT, remove sweet... and the album is like a 9/10 for me easily.

i feel similarly abt

Spoiler

fishtails- for me it's what i'd want the screamo song to replace :pray:

mUENGN9.png

Here’s my actual ranking 

Spoiler

1- PEPPERS 💋‼️‼️💋‼️
2- PARIS, TEXAS  

3- FISHTAIL

4- DYKTTATUOB

5-TACO TRUCK

6- LET THE LIGHT IN

7- A&W

8- FINGERTIPS

9- THE GRANTS

Grandfather- haven’t listened yet

Margaret- haven’t listened yet

kintsugi- just the snippet and it’s beautiful, definitely top 5 (let’s see)

Sweet- haven’t listened yet but it’s giving Beautiful 

The interludes- I mean they’re different

-Uv

-Ocean Blvd

-NFR

-L4L

-BB

-BTD

-HONEYMOON

-Cotcc 

my favourite lyrics so far 🧘‍♀️

Spoiler

i feel it! i feel it heavy! hahahahahhahaha whoa yep whoa whoa! baby im a star! i feel it in my soul! early in the mornin! early in the morninnnn

the symmetry of: it wasn't my idea, the cocktail of things that twist neurons inside / sit by the lake twisting lime into the drinks that they made

IT'S LIKE CAMARILLO ONLY SILVER MIRRORS RUNNIN DOWN THE CORRIDOR

lennon in the back, whispering in my ear, "come on, baby, u can thrive" but i can't!

i say i live in rosemead, really i'm at the ramada 

you think about who will be with you, and then there's donoghue :wowcry:

daddy i miss them, i'm at the roadrunner cafe, i'm probably running away (genius)

paris texas' bridge, rly fucked up! 🧘‍♀️

when everyone's star is bright, brighter than you are - it's time to go

and you're the only one left, dancing while they're on the floor. time to go

and:

when you're home, you're home, you're home when you're alone

when you're right, you're right, even when you're wrong

although it seems i've gotten better, i can be violent too 🧘‍♀️

and all of peppers

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

the line that's how the light shines in has such a big meaning (and I think not only for me) :krylie: , because the last years with many crises like Covid or the Ukrainian War were (and still are) really full of darkness and her great positivity is exactly what the world needs now