Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, Bonita said:

they gave it 5 stars

No surprises as it more easily accessible. No shade either, NFR is one of her top albums for me. 

Yes, def don’t see this getting the NFR level praise. It’s definitely going to be more divisive lol. If you get it you get it. Feel sorry for those who don’t, critics included. 

I saw a video on TikTok of someone with a copy  of the black/pink vinyl of Oceab Blvd, is it fake or real? 

If it is real, does this mean we'll get Candy within hours??

Just now, 111 said:

so mojo wasn't a fan of the interludes or cuntsugi... :oprah3:

Spoiler

Kintsugi is not that bad but it’s really repetitive just like Yosemite,maybe it will grown on me but at this moment I am not a fan 

I think that pastor’s interlude is that long because lana started to make her art as raw as possible - one takes, random lyrics, phone recordings, mistakes and so on. Maybe she was just recording him without thinking that it will be in the album and later she thought that it would be a nice atmospheric interlude. But I don’t think her attitude towards her creative process let’s her shorten what she already has cuz it would ruin that particular moment and it would be a conscious decision for her to cut some things out and she tries to avoid it as much as possible

3 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Is Kintsugi actually HQ, cause it sounds kinda...different compared to the other tracks. Pls don't drag me.:awkney:

Spoiler

Yeah it sounds like she's far away or something :hide: I like it but it's noticeably different from the others but I think it's intentional :um2:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

No offense but even if you don’t necessarily like the Judah Smith Interlude, I feel like you’re just being purposely obtuse if you don’t understand how it fits in with the rest of the album, especially after A&W. It makes perfect sense and adds to the overall vibe of the album. I also genuinely love the Jon Baptiste interlude so I’m clearly in the minority here but idk. I haven’t heard Candy Necklace, but IMO the interludes fit great. 

Just now, DrunkBeautyQueen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No offense but even if you don’t necessarily like the Judah Smith Interlude, I feel like you’re just being purposely obtuse if you don’t understand how it fits in with the rest of the album, especially after A&W. It makes perfect sense and adds to the overall vibe of the album. I also genuinely love the Jon Baptiste interlude so I’m clearly in the minority here but idk. I haven’t heard Candy Necklace, but IMO the interludes fit great. 

Spoiler

ngl it's hard for me to like it cause i'm not a religious person at all and he kinda sounds like a clown to me just yelling left and right, but like i said, the instrumental is great

40 minutes ago, DLT said:

Not a bad review, we anticipated critics wouldn't care for the Pastor interlude so no surprise there. They get Fingertips and AW being top tier, love that. Also love that they highlight Fishtail too, it deserves all the praise it receives. 

Fair enough; I think they missed a lot of the better parts of the album. What they didn't mention is how different musically OC is from everything else she's done. Thanks for posting. 

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i kinda feel bad for them, it could have been their moment to shine and get some attention but now nobody really cares cause we all have the album already

oh well:blush3:

It's like the third time Canada fucks up her release :prettyhurts: