Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Oh and also: NFR, HM and Ocean are my ultimate trinity. If HM is a prowess in music production and NFR is a prowess in lyricism, Ocean combines the best of the two and represents Lana entering a new cycle of her career. No point anymore in comparing her to Fiona Apple, Kate Bush, Carole King, Joni Mitchell or Steve Nicks: she’s forging a path of her own. What a beast of an artist.

Saaame for me!

she really did that and we have flawless taste, too.

3 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Tell us how Candy Necklace sounds pls

Spoiler

I've only lisened to it once, but it sounds pretty good? It's a piano driven track, but it's cute I think! 

Spoiler

Jon Batiste only kicks in during the last part of the song and provides nice back vocals too. :true:

37 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Now I’m worried the Judah Smith interlude will bring the album’s reception down.

Yeah it’s a possibility. I honestly don’t care  much for critics and never really believed she could « top » Norman on that matter. 
but… 

Spoiler

I’m a bit more concerned that Candy Necklace, although better and more accessible according to Kintsugi, might feel out of place between those two interludes… Which bares the question of the pastor interlude was that necessary in the end? I’ll find this Friday, once I listen to the album… 

4 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ngl it's hard for me to like it cause i'm not a religious person at all and he kinda sounds like a clown to me just yelling left and right, but like i said, the instrumental is great

Spoiler

I’m not religious either and don’t care to listen to sermons, but my post, as I said in it, is not about whether you sat down and listened to the interlude and loved it. It’s about understanding the vision and how it fits on the tracklist. It’s not supposed to be a good song, it’s supposed to set a mood and send a message. And it’s nothing against you or anyone else on LB. I was more referencing the Mojo review bc I feel like anyone getting paid to write reviews about albums should be able to understand. 

Just now, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not religious either and don’t care to listen to sermons, but my post, as I said in it, is not about whether you sat down and listened to the interlude and loved it. It’s about understanding the vision and how it fits on the tracklist. It’s not supposed to be a good song, it’s supposed to set a mood and send a message. And it’s nothing against you or anyone else on LB. I was more referencing the Mojo review bc I feel like anyone getting paid to write reviews about albums should be able to understand. 

ohh sorry i didn't even read that review, i agree with you tho :kiss3:

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i don't think the person in the pic is @West Coast

wasn't it taken from reddit?

It's actually me, I went to the store this morning. :ma:

Spoiler

But I ain't leaking shit though. :creep:

How come not a single store sold for example Taylor's last album early but for Lana multiple stores sell it a week early every single time? :judgingu3: Like every single item they sell has a release date, it shouldn't be that difficult to not mess up.

Spoiler

I'm sort of a 'Italian pagan Catholic,' attended Catholic schools from kindergarten through college, have worked for several NP Protestant organizations/denominations, and while I don't dislike the JS interlude, and I think I understand its context within the sweep of the album, what he's saying seems so literal to me, so simplistic, narrow, and short-sided, considering the complexity of human nature and the vastness of the universe. His 'vehemence' doesn't move me one iota, nor does his fire-and-brimstone authoritative tone, which seems laughably over the top to me. Had I been there, I would have been rolling my eyes to myself, and would not have attended again if that were typical of his preaching style.