Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

Sweet is still a top song for me from the album. I wanna see a MV of her looking out a window with moonlight shining down on her, swaying around an empty room singing Sweet - a one-take sort of situation, kind of like a musical. I think it would be beautiful:wub:

3 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Hide contents

is that even her? it sounds like trisha paytas :sadcore4:

Spoiler

Someone said earlier that it’s Chuck but I’m just gonna say it’s a trisha paytas sample bc that’s camp

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

checked her website. candy necklace is real just hasnt leaked. heres why i think:

this image has a url where it was made in 2023

https://www.lanadelrey.com/wp-content/themes/lanadelrey/assets2023/gfx/0_1.png?v=1

https://www.lanadelrey.com/wp-content/themes/lanadelrey/assets2023/gfx/0_1.png?v=1

also, here are some HQ pics of the vinyl

0_2.png

0_3.png

well we know cn is real :air: these are just vinyl photos/mockups that were processed, made, or updated in 2023

this is my take on the grants even though no one asked for it :smokes:

Spoiler

some people hate it, while others love it — it wasn’t a grower for me because i was in love with it the first time i heard it. the contrast between the gospel choir and the piano ballad in the pre-chorus was beautifully done, and really set the tone for the rest of the song. in my opinion, the main theme is not necessarily about family, but rather about a reflection on life, mortality and holding onto life-long memories. the chorus emphasizes a determination to hold onto memories of loved ones, as well as acknowledging the various difficulties faced by lana and her determination to continue fighting for the future of her family. lana gives various examples of memories that she holds onto, such as the smile of her grandmother and her sister’s first-born child, which answered my questions about the deeper meaning behind the song. all in all, the accent is put on the beauty of life and how it should be cherished even when it ends, and holding onto loved ones even in difficult circumstances.

Spoiler

Okay honestly
My verdict is that essentially this album to Lana is what Folklore is to Taylor. And it is reinforced by the fact that some songs sound exactly like those on Folklore and Evermore instrumentally (Margaret for instance). No wonder they had a collab this year lol. Well last year technically. 

smh :pout:

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

well we know cn is real :air: these are just vinyl photos/mockups that were processed, made, or updated in 2023

yes but some people are thinking CN isnt on it so just wanted to show that in 2023, the tracklist was updated and it has it. so its real. this album is either is demo mix or someone has it on lock.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Just now, lanitataco said:

yes but some people are thinking CN isnt on it so just wanted to show that in 2023, the tracklist was updated and it has it. so its real. this album is either is demo mix or someone has it on lock.

i think the people who dont believe CN is real are actually joking. if it on the back of the vinyl, it can be interpreted that the song is real :crossed:

5 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

I wish I could hear what she says un Taco Truck x VB before the 

Hide contents

Switch up to VB…..I hear her say something about having a dream…

Spoiler

Honey wait, ??? I’m sorry(?) I was just able to go back to sleep for an hour and a half, so that rocked, um anyway, I had this dream where um, I don't know

Spoiler

no bccccc,,,, Let The Light In is so <3 to me

Peppers/Fishtail/Taco Truck all dont rly sit with me unfortunately but i too was hoping for a more light-hearted, sweet, sensual "bop" to enjoy off the album & this is IT for me!!!!!!!

i love how casual it is "pick you up quarter to 3, ask you if you want somethin to eat, drive around, get drunk, do it over again" like thats just what its like being in love with your best friend!!!

& I kinda love how "usually we got nothin' to do" mirrors back to Sweet "I got things to do like nothin' at all, I wanna do them with you- do you wanna do them with me?"

UGH:trisha: 

obviously the mentions of having nothing on under her overcoat / dancing in the light in a tight dress are super playful, adorably sexy lines

"i wanna wanna wanna want you/ i need to need to need to need you"

"look at us, you & I, back at it again" as if the two of them can never get enough of each other, i love that sentiment <33

& then on a more personal level the "put The Beatles on" lyric also hits wonderfully bc my bf is actually frm Liverpewlll like da Beatles so I've always associated them together in my mind & he does like their music n John Lennon's solo work especially & I’ve gotten to know a lot more of it thru him, , plus when we first met I told him he has to take me to Penny Lane one day cause of the song LOL so it’s just cute. 

TLDR: basically, this is everything I needed & more ! Thank u Lana, FJM & Drew Erickson :kiss: