Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, tienmej said:

Okay honestly
My verdict is that essentially this album to Lana is what Folklore is to Taylor. And it is reinforced by the fact that some songs sound exactly like those on Folklore and Evermore instrumentally (Margaret for instance). No wonder they had a collab this year lol. Well last year technically. 

…..delete this lol

While I may not love it as much as my top tier albums…

Spoiler

It’s still a HUGE improvement from the last two albums. I obviously enjoy the trap/hybrid and soft rock songs more than the strict piano/gospel ballads. I do wish though, and that is my only complaint regarding the bops, that the trap beat didn't sound as cheap. It doesn’t blend that well with the muffled vocals and piano. It’s kind of like metal vs. wood but I can look past that.

Anyway, the second half of the album is quite wonderful. The title track has definitely grown on me listening to it in context.

Overall, this feels like a very very strong contender for AOTY and I think she may be bagging it.

6 minutes ago, tienmej said:

Okay honestly
My verdict is that essentially this album to Lana is what Folklore is to Taylor. And it is reinforced by the fact that some songs sound exactly like those on Folklore and Evermore instrumentally (Margaret for instance). No wonder they had a collab this year lol. Well last year technically. 

please join bozo in jail :sideeye:

Spoiler

TT had the potential to be my favourite lana song of all time, i just wish the first part was longer:trisha:the first time I heard it I started instantly bawling - the subtle percussion and guitars in the intro are everything I needed from lana:crai:original venice bitch is my all time favourite so this song is still definitely top tier for me. 

9 minutes ago, tienmej said:

Okay honestly

not everything has to be about taylor :wub:

In the meantime, Jon Batiste Interlude might be a top 5 track to me :true:

And here are my thoughts on Judah Smith Interlude:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah it’s a possibility. I honestly don’t care  much for critics and never really believed she could « top » Norman on that matter. 
but… 

Hide contents

I’m a bit more concerned that Candy Necklace, although better and more accessible according to Kintsugi, might feel out of place between those two interludes… Which bares the question of the pastor interlude was that necessary in the end? I’ll find this Friday, once I listen to the album… 

Spoiler

Judah Smith Interlude will always be relevant because it’s connected to A&W. Judah’s sermon is about lust and cheating on your partner and letting that distract you from stability and comfort with yourself and your loved ones. This interlude right after A&W validates Lana’s experience of being the other woman (as she depicted in A&W) as something wrong that brings suffering to everyone involved. I don’t know what Candy Necklace will be or sound like right after that interlude but maybe it’s connected solely to Jon Batiste Interlude (since Jon co-wrote both tracks).

IMG-7960.jpg

here are more HQ vinyl pics idk if these have been shared or not since you cant select to save these images

hiding bc its a lot and dont wanna spam the thread:

Spoiler

1_0.png

1_1.png?v=1

1_2.png

1_3.png

2_0.png

2_1.png?v=1

2_2.png

2_3.png

3_0.png

3_1.png?v=1

3_2.png

3_3.png

4_1.png?v=1

4_2.png

4_3.png

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

14 minutes ago, tienmej said:

Okay honestly

For me Margaret is the only comparable track. I know some have mentioned Fishtail sounding like it is off of midnights but I do not hear that myself.  

Folklore/Evermore and Did You Know are apples and oranges sound wise to me. Maybe they can be compared in the sense that they are an evolution of each artists sound but Did You Know differs in regard that it blends many different genres sounds and stylings while Evermore to me seems more tightly constructed. 

Spoiler

My personal take and just a personal take, no shade to Taylor she is a brilliant musician and business woman but she could never do what Lana does.  Lana could definitely make Taylor’s music if she chose to but Taylor could not go full Lana. I think she is a little more restrictive in that sense like she has a plan and keeps control over the way things work in that regard. She keeps herself reeled in a bit while Lana is more go with the flow, adaptive, and not scared to be a little more OUT there.

Just now, George Parasol said:

No offence to any of her fans but comparing Taylor to Lana is laughable really. Lana at the moment is on a different level and this album blows anything Swift has done out of the water.

I am mostly pointing out the instrumental similarities, which didnt occur before even though Lana has been working with Antonoff for a while now. 

56 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:
  Hide contents

Are Lana’s vocals from Batiste interlude in CN? I’m obsessed with the way she sings “honey” and I need more!!!

i actually haven't listened to the entire album yet so idk.  :xgiggle: im having my first listen tonight!

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

2 minutes ago, George Parasol said:

No offence to any of her fans but comparing Taylor to Lana is laughable really. Lana at the moment is on a different level and this album blows anything Swift has done out of the water.

both talented women in different ways, let’s not do this

1 minute ago, lanitataco said:

here are more HQ vinyl pics idk if these have been shared or not since you cant select to save these images

hiding bc its a lot and dont wanna spam the thread:

Hide contents

1_0.png

1_1.png?v=1

1_2.png

1_3.png

2_0.png

2_1.png?v=1

2_2.png

2_3.png

3_0.png

3_1.png?v=1

3_2.png

3_3.png

4_1.png?v=1

4_2.png

4_3.png

Babe we’ve been staring at all the vinyl variants since December 7th 2022 and Candy Necklace has always been there, are you ok? :eartha: