Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

I’m so sick and tired of defending Fingertips lol. I don’t get how people call it one of her worst songs ever. She literally recalls a time where she tried to k*ll herself because the love of her life at the time died unexpectedly and that her mom didn’t even care. Idgaf if you hate piano ballads and automatic singing, you’re gross if you put any disrespect on this song. Periodt. :kiss3:

Spoiler

literally like if she drowned herself then, we wouldnt have anything to listen to and then what. :oprah3:

ignore my dumass

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Just now, lanitataco said:
  Hide contents

literally like if she drowned herself then, we wouldnt have anything to listen to and then what. :oprah3:

:sideeye:

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Reveal hidden contents

People will stone me for saying this, but Fingertips is the worst song on any LDR record. I would lump it with the Trio, Guns and Roses and Coachella, but I'd rather listen  to those three than Fingertips. Just my opinion. I hope she stops the idea of "automatic singing" and goes back to writing actual songs.

nene-leakes.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i said what i said :pout:

yeah we know what you said. i just found your comment childish, that’s all :pout:

When Lana said

Spoiler

(Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-doo-doo) (Wipeout) (Like that!)

I felt that :smokes3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

4 minutes ago, ldrcultleader said:

Questions for those who already heard the album. :)

Which of her albums/songs do you think Ocean Blvd sounds the most like or have the same vibe? 
Does she use her lower register? 
How would you rate the album out of 10?debby-ryan-meme.gif

Spoiler

i feel like sonically the album is more similar to NFR, but the lyrics are very ultraviolence/honeymoon at times. some of the songs have bigger production, but some are wordy and have that stripped back sound that we've grown to accept. i would probably give the album a realistic 8/10 or 9/10. she lost me with the interludes and extra length of some songs. :oprah3:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Reveal hidden contents

People will stone me for saying this, but Fingertips is the worst song on any LDR record. I would lump it with the Trio, Guns and Roses and Coachella, but I'd rather listen  to those three than Fingertips. Just my opinion. I hope she stops the idea of "automatic singing" and goes back to writing actual songs.

get ready for the notifs 😭😭

4 minutes ago, lanitataco said:
  Hide contents

this is an insensitive comment to make regarding such a sad topic :whoopi:

Remember how Lana said in an interview that some of the songs were produced from voice notes she sent to her producers? Do you think that's true? Or did they come up with some production and then she re-recorded her vocals?

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

this is an insensitive comment to make regarding such a sad topic :whoopi:

i will delete :kum:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

:facepalm:

not trying to argue with you, it would be a shame and a waste of time. fingertips is such a beautiful song, and yet you chose to comment “if lana would have tried to kill herself than we wouldn’t have this album”. make it make sense man :crossed:

Just now, AlexVirtuell said:

Remember how Lana said in an interview that some of the songs were produced from voice notes she sent to her producers? Do you think that's true? Or did they come up with some production and then she re-recorded her vocals?

She was talking about Fingertips, Kintsugi for examples was properly re-recorded in a studio according to Jack.