Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, ldrcultleader said:

Questions for those who already heard the album. :)

Which of her albums/songs do you think Ocean Blvd sounds the most like or have the same vibe? 
Does she use her lower register? 
How would you rate the album out of 10?debby-ryan-meme.gif

Spoiler

Not many comparisons come to mind. Maybe Paris Texas has this whimsical quality Bartender also has. And the autotuned vocals (and production in general) from Fishtails are Tulsa Jesus Freakish. I don't see similarities between Let the light in ans TNC as many said, to me the new one sounds way warmer and fuller.

I think the closest she gets to her iconic low and sultry register may be in the title track. But she doesn't go much into earpiercing highs either.

2 minutes ago, lanita said:

not trying to argue with you, it would be a shame and a waste of time. fingertips is such a beautiful song, and yet you chose to comment “if lana would have tried to kill herself than we wouldn’t have this album”. make it make sense man :crossed:

i will keep things to myself next time but yes i do see how its insensitive now i am sorry please forgive :trisha:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, AlexVirtuell said:

Remember how Lana said in an interview that some of the songs were produced from voice notes she sent to her producers? Do you think that's true? Or did they come up with some production and then she re-recorded her vocals?

even though people probably don't wanna admit it, this has some truth to it and i think it's the reason everyone's talking about the "quality" changing when the album actually releases. the quality is not really gonna change because she really did record a lot of her vocals through voice notes. i think it's really obvious on some tracks where she's really quiet or muffled sounding. especially the samples of conversations and people talking during a majority of the songs.

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

18 minutes ago, ldrcultleader said:

Questions for those who already heard the album. :)

Which of her albums/songs do you think Ocean Blvd sounds the most like or have the same vibe? 
Does she use her lower register? 
How would you rate the album out of 10?debby-ryan-meme.gif

Spoiler

I think it's really different from anything she has ever released. There are some orchestral tracks and piano ballads that are slightly NFR/BB but then there's also a couple of piano ballads that sound like nothing she has ever done before. She kinda touches every genre here :hide: but it doesn't sound like a mess and somehow it works as a full record.

She doesn't really use the lower register so it's mostly her higher vocals but not the airy White Dress kind. Just her standard voice post Paradise I guess.

And I'd rate it a 10/10 and I don't usually love that much Lana's albums on the first week so I have the opposite of a recency bias :thumb2:

For me this record is the epitome of Lana Del Rey like it has the best of what makes Lana so special :true:

giphy.gif