Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, HoneymoonSwan said:
  Hide contents

can we talk about how the venice bitch sample was not needed? i thought it was gonna flow beautifully together, but it ended up just being a remix of the original song. i could appreciate taco truck all by itself without the ending tbh. (i'm a venice bitch enthusiast btw)

Spoiler

Taco Truck full version when!!!! :uh: 

The first half is crazy good and then it flops so hard :facepalm:

Just now, brooklyn Babyy said:

Let the light in literally made me sobbin in my cup of coffee but it's short I need more of that bridge !!!

i need a whole album between them NOW!

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

14 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

if OB was lana's first album what would yall think about it

She went from indie folk and experimental pop in her early years to Born to Die which included songs that would become instant bops. Now she has returned to more complex music. I would not say it's not amazing the first time you hear the songs on the album. But it has slow burn quality. So if it was her first album, I would probably think it's not that good, weird and disregard it, not knowing what I would be missing. 

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A 9.5 out of 10, would have been 10/10 if not for the 

Reveal hidden contents

Second half of 🌮🚛

Spoiler

Most songs sound like they're from Chemtrails IMO. Margaret, Paris, Texas, Kintsugi and Let the Light In. Super folksy and chill with similar acoustic production like Chemtrails.

Some cuts sound like they could have been on Lust for Life, Born to Die or Honeymoon with their trap vibes (Peppers, Fishtail, Taco Truck).

One song is very NFR (Grandfather), and a few sound straight outta Blue Banisters (Sweet, Fingertips).

An, of course, some are uniquely Ocean Boulevard - gospel-y/dark (Ocean Boulevard, AW, and the two interludes).

The whole album kinda rolls all of her past albums, except for UV because there's not racks that are particularly rock-ish.

There are a lot of high notes (especially Paris, Texas), but you get that deep voiced "Lana Del Rey" persona at times, especially on Taco Truck, which is my favorite. 

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

:assad:

yall have ptsd over the word surprise were going to have to start censoring it

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:
  Hide contents

Exactly like it just feels like they were trying to recreate A&W’s magic :trisha: I’m so torn because the love for this album is crazy and I even love this album but it’s really gonna take some time to appreciate some of the choices made here

literally all of this! you took the words right outta my mouth. A&W was so unique because we weren't expecting it. after the multiple tracks tried doing that, it kinda got exhausting because there wasn't a surprise element anymore. :trisha:

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

set up for the tour when she does the whole album live start to finish so she has time to wave goodbye

so true bestie! i was thinking it was made for the tour as well! i can imagine it being the closing song. :true:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Spoiler

“They sang folk songs from the 40s,

even the 14 year old knew Froggy Came A-Courtin’ 

How do my blood relatives know all of these songs? I don’t know anyone left who knows songs that I sing

Thats how the light gets in”

might be some of the most beautiful heart warming lines she ever sung i just cant :trisha:

4 minutes ago, picoblvd said:

is Jon batiste interlude creeping up into anyone else’s top 5… i love it so much I’m sorry :flutter:

Spoiler

It’s literally my favorite thing on the record. I listened to it like, 30 times last night :icant: I said it before and I’ll say it again it’s my favorite thing Lana has ever created 

Spoiler

Okay wow I am honestly so speechless I just finished listening again, this album is absolutely mindblowing. A complete work of art from start to finish!!!!!!! Not a single misstep in my opinion, she is literally a genius. This album feels like watching the best film you've ever seen, she does SO much and manages to make it all come together so brilliantly. I have total chills 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Most songs sound like they're from Chemtrails IMO. Margaret, Paris, Texas, Kintsugi and Let the Light In. Super folksy and chill with similar acoustic production like Chemtrails.

Some cuts sound like they could have been on Lust for Life, Born to Die or Honeymoon with their trap vibes (Peppers, Fishtail, Taco Truck).

One song is very NFR (Grandfather), and a few sound straight outta Blue Banisters (Sweet, Fingertips).

An, of course, some are uniquely Ocean Boulevard - gospel-y/dark (Ocean Boulevard, AW, and the two interludes).

The whole album kinda rolls all of her past albums, except for UV because there's not racks that are particularly rock-ish.

There are a lot of high notes (especially Paris, Texas), but you get that deep voiced "Lana Del Rey" persona at times, especially on Taco Truck, which is my favorite. 

Spoiler

?? the production on Kintsugi, paris & let the light in are miles better than anything we got on BB or COCC. Also I’d say peppers def has STRONG UV vibes, even let the light in and fishtail is a bit UV lyrically. Taco truck, peppers and A&W are like the bops from NFR but on steroids. 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Just now, DCooper said:
  Hide contents

Okay wow I am honestly so speechless I just finished listening again, this album is absolutely mindblowing. A complete work of art from start to finish!!!!!!! Not a single misstep in my opinion, she is literally a genius. This album feels like watching the best film you've ever seen, she does SO much and manages to make it all come together so brilliantly. I have total chills 

Reveal hidden contents

:oprah4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.