Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, FKAbrandon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay so I’m so obsessed with this album but whats with Lana not wanting to make fully original songs? Not saying this as shade but like the SYML instrumental already existed, the tommy genesis song, vb… i get samples and shit, im just curious 

Spoiler

This is honestly my biggest "gripe" I guess with the album. I wish there weren't so many samples. 

1 minute ago, lizzyschemtrails said:
  Hide contents

This is honestly my biggest "gripe" I guess with the album. I wish there weren't so many samples. 

Spoiler

testing the waters so she can work with them fr on LDR10 :true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

Peppers sounds great to me in theory, but it sounds very LQ…. Could be just the quality of the leak, but if it’s how it actually sounds on the album:bebe:

6 minutes ago, FKAbrandon said:
  Hide contents

Okay so I’m so obsessed with this album but whats with Lana not wanting to make fully original songs? Not saying this as shade but like the SYML instrumental already existed, the tommy genesis song, vb… i get samples and shit, im just curious 

albums like renaissance are sample heavy yet are brilliant, i think it’s just lana having fun with the music and being experimental, it’s not like every track is a carbon copy of something else 

Spoiler

Jon batiste interlude slaps

the pastor one sucks. It’s almost ridiculous to listen a sermon from a millionaire. It’s outrageous to hear a shitted-man cult-like pastor trying to teach us how to live. Fuck him.

2 minutes ago, Corona said:
  Hide contents

Peppers sounds great to me in theory, but it sounds very LQ…. Could be just the quality of the leak, but if it’s how it actually sounds on the album:bebe:

I think we have not all listened to the same leaks ... Peppers sounds very very goodd :cryney2:

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:
  Hide contents

the pastor one sucks. It’s almost ridiculous to listen a sermon from a millionaire. It’s outrageous to hear a shitted-man cult-like pastor trying to teach us how to live. Fuck him.

:bebe:

1 minute ago, Raise Me Up said:

I think we have not all listened to the same leaks ... Peppers sounds very very goodd :cryney2:

playin rn it sounds like it came from apple music :oprah3:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

10 minutes ago, FKAbrandon said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I really think the samples show her creativity even further, the fact that she heard those songs and did what she did with them is totally mind-blowing to me.

2 minutes ago, marryingkind said:
  Hide contents

i think the use of the pastors sermon as an interlude is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. I mean in A&W she’s going on about god being a charlatan, her being an American whore etc and then we get this 4 minute deranged speech from a clearly very narcissistic egotistical man who even ends by saying his whole role with the church and what he does is really all about him & not the people he’s speaking to at all- I think it’s definitely meant to be a jab at religious ideology & those weird cult of personality churches in America that celebs go to. 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

hate to be that person that's already looking for the next project but this album showed so much versatility i'm REALLY excited for what's coming next... like she could do literally anything :excited: and i WILL be listening!

1 hour ago, Tamagotchi said:

I can't wait to watch daddy jon denton's review :wub:

Me too, although I'm more curios about daddy For Whatever Reason's review. :wub:

He takes album reviews to the next level.

Spoiler

I kinda feel like the judah interlude was wasted. I liked the interlude and its very eerie and psychedelic butttttt the instrumental is so gorgeous and dark… I would LOVE to see someone put lana vocals over it once we get stems cause… the guitar and the piano… FUCK… 

even the sermon could serve as part of a song and her giggling and whispers too… sorry but a lot more could have been done for it :oprah3:

and also for giving me Margaret