Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Actor said:

so what? she's still performing old songs. 

So her style has clearly changed. Performing old songs doesn’t mean she wants to keep making that type of music. Plus it seems she’s changing her set list 

12 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

where is our gangster nancy sinatra??? where is rick nowels where is emile haynie??? where is the depressed beach boys vibe???

I'm holding on to taco truck right now because it's the only thing keeping me afloat.

this song is hope!!!!!

(also give credit to fishtails aw  peppers and sweet if you like)

Spoiler

she made taco truck x VB for the San Fernando Valley girlies :sass: gangster Nancy Sinatra found dead in a ditch! Her lanita era is here 

sgopYhV.gif

On 3/18/2023 at 3:39 PM, Actor said:

And she's still have bops, but not like earlier. And if she's older, like all of us, we didn't (completely) dead yet.

You are like brain dead that’s all i have to say 

mod note: user was warned for this post

21 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

oh please u think the person that leaked the rest of the album will get in trouble? plus if they don't wanna leak it themselves they can send it to someone who will do it for them, or even leak it in LQ, you think Lust For Lisa or cassette girl were in trouble?

I agree with you that if someone posted a candy necklace rip TAP would be too lazy to track them down but I think the cassette girl got in trouble, I remember her posting a video on Instagram crying saying she didn’t leak it and that she’s not a Lana fan so I do think they scared her 

3 minutes ago, Enco said:

You two (theblackestday89) are like brain dead that’s all i have to say 

don't you know that people have the right to not like something?

edit: go to hell

Spoiler

Absolutely no skips on this album for me, I love how much of an experience it feels like listening to it, no wonder why I have zero attention span for movies when I have LDR records and good books near me:oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

the grants- “ doin the hard stuff doin my time doing it for us for our family line” hits me so hard. Such a beautiful song, I literally want this played at my funeral. 

tuob- beautiful song, not my favorite on the album but a classic of hers for sure 

sweet- I see what people mean about sweet being reminiscent of Disney/musical theater. Such a pretty song.  

a&w- no words like usual. Astounding. Never been done before. Obsessed. Give me more. 

Js interlude- as someone who grew up in a fundamental baptist church this doesn’t shock me lol. It’s artistic and interesting and makes sense after a&w. Probably won’t listen to it by choice 

jb interlude- the music is beautiful. I hope candy necklace is similar. Listening to them jam is so fun like being a fly on the wall. Even with a few jump scares lol. 

kintsugi- very touching. I think I need more time with the lyrics. I’m very much a lyric girl and meaning is what makes or breaks a song for me. It’s probably gonna be a grower, we’ll see. 

fingertips- I also need more time with these lyrics. It does truly feel like a look inside her mind I just can’t catch all the lyrics. The lack of melodic structure doesn’t bother me tho. Also “sunbather moon chaser queen of empathy” is obv my favorite line 

paris texas - obsessed. I had heard the instrumental and her vocals are just perfection over it. Couldn’t have pictured it any better if I had tried. I’m going to be listening to this song a lot I can tell. I just wish it was longer. 

grandfather- so good, I love the way she uses her voice in this song, and the melody. I also loved this instrumental before I heard the album. This song transports me. I also wish this song was longer 😫

let the light in-I like her and FJM voices together. I love to love to love to love youuu. 

margaret - it’s cute. That’s all maybe it will be a grower for me but idk 

fishtail - my most anticipated song. & yasss. I’m a fishtail truther!!!! I also love TJF so it’s not unexpected. Fishtail is that bitch. If you get it you get it. I also think(hope) the quality will blow our mind upon official release 

peppers - peppers is a trip!!! Not really what I expected but I like it??? I think I need to get used to this one too lol. 

taco truck - “imagine if we actually gave a fuck” love this line🤣 also not quite what I expected but I like it. About the vb section, I sort of get what she was going for but I almost feel like less would have been more, just sticking a different instrumental behind the same vocals isn’t giving what it’s supposed to. But the “get high drop acid never die” makes up for all of it 

anyway Paris Texas, Grandfather, Fishtail, & A&W are my album favorites on first listen. It’s such a good album :hair:

First impressions review 💯

Just now, Actor said:

don't you know that people have the right to not like something?

If you don’t like her music then maybe stop listening to it. It’s that simple 😂

I don't need to push myself to like something that i don't like (like i said before FOR NOW, maybe in 1000 years)

2 minutes ago, Enco said:

If you don’t like her music then maybe stop listening to it. It’s that simple 😂

i don't remember that i ask u anything?! or that i need ur permission to listen to her

Spoiler

Maybe I’ll take my glasses off so I stop painting red flags green

same girl... the way she just gets it :um2: i need to stop dating unavailable men and ignoring the red flags! 

I actually can’t wait for Candy Necklace if it’s as chaotic as @Kintsugi says… 

Spoiler

It will really tie together the first third of the album with the last thirds more upbeat songs. Cause right now the two-thirds of the record is mainly piano besides A&W, making the last few songs of the record very shocking and come across incohesive.

(without hearing CN) the tracklist could use some rearranging for a better flow