Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Well ladies most of the songs are top notch but who else feels like they don’t flow well together as one album. Maybe if she put the last 3 tracks somewhere after A&W it would make more sense. 

Can someone honestly answer me the theme or idea of Ocean Blvd? I get the whole family aspect, but songs like Peppers and Taco Truck take me all the way out.. even though they’re some of the best.

Spoiler

For me it feels like a journey about closing out and healing from the toxic man chapter of her life. Recognizing how her relationships, especially with Sean, were harmful for her and how they took her energy and attention away from the things that mattered to her, like her family. 

I feel like the flow of the album is moving on from toxic relationships, re-investing in self and family and karmic lineage, and then from that space being able to have fun and live a joyful life. Fishtails is interesting to me within this narrative and because it's almost like a temptation song - a toxic man enters her life again, but she rebuffs him because even though they have fun, he ultimately wants her sad and unhappy.

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Well ladies most of the songs are top notch but who else feels like they don’t flow well together as one album. Maybe if she put the last 3 tracks somewhere after A&W it would make more sense. 

Can someone honestly answer me the theme or idea of Ocean Blvd? I get the whole family aspect, but songs like Peppers and Taco Truck take me all the way out.. even though they’re some of the best.

Spoiler

A&W was definitely put on top cause of its heavy lyrics where she is letting everything out.

The first half is about herself and her family and then after grandfather it shifts onto her relationships/boyfriend so i do think it does flow together nicely.

6 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Agreed but i still love it

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

33 minutes ago, Enco said:

You two (theblackestday89) are like brain dead that’s all i have to say 

Can you stop with this garbage? You and this other person keep insulting people who don’t enjoy the new album and I have seriously had it with this utter toxicity.

Stop it please and accept that people can have different opinions and tastes.

Just now, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Can you stop with this garbage? You and this other person keep insulting people who don’t enjoy the new album and I have seriously had it with this utter toxicity.

Stop it please and accept that people can have different opinions and tastes.

I have never insulted anyone personally besides this person so idk maybe get your facts straight babe

8 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Spoiler

i see the album as like a lesson about her family/personal history and then just the last 2 tracks as a way to make the mood a bit more lighter since some songs are rather sad. it feels more like an encore but i see it working especially with fishtail kinda being a transitioning song

12 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

The way I see it:

first part (ends with Grandfather) - family issues / nostalgia

second part (begins with Let in the light) - optimistic / friends / (new) love

So as a general theme I interpret it as a healing album, coming to terms with her past and accepting the present / future.

Just now, Enco said:

I have never insulted anyone personally besides this person so idk maybe get your facts straight babe

We have literally just had this thread locked with a mod message clearly stating that EVERYONE is welcome here. That includes ppl who like her older music more than her newer music.

My initial ranking

Spoiler

1. Kintsugi 

2. Fingertips

3. Let the light in

4. Taco truck

5. The grants

6. A&W

7. Paris texas

8. Fishtail

9. Sweet

10. Peppers

11. Grandather

12. Ocean blvd

13. Margaret 

14. Judah smith

15. Jon batiste

16. Candy necklace (n/a)

a near perfect album from lana, one of my favs:gclap:

Just now, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

We have literally just had this thread locked with a mod message clearly stating that EVERYONE is welcome here. That includes ppl who like her older music more than her newer music.

Don’t see how this has to do anything with me. How about you worry about the people calling her work trash because they are stuck in 2012 😭😭😭😭 Now that is toxicity 

10 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Spoiler

She's letting loose after exorcising her demons :true::dance: I personally think the tracklist is perfect, it twists and turns and develops beautifully, leaving us in a place we never could have predicted from the beginning. It feels like a complete journey :wowcry: Can't believe we're missing a chapter, can't wait to hear it

it's funny cause yeah some people only like her old stuff and not her new stuff and they get insulted for it, but the people that throw the insults are also the same who do the oppsite which is to shit on her past work in favor of her new work just cause the old stuff is more "mainstream" and they have this obsession for being "different" and "better fans" 

:wtf2:

Just now, Enco said:

Don’t see how this has to do anything with me. How about you worry about the people calling her work trash because they are stuck in 2012 😭😭😭😭 Now that is toxicity 

where i said something like that? i just said that i don't like new material completely. please, visit ophthalmologist