Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, blackpalmtrees said:

I am slightly disappointed by the amount of piano ballads we’re getting/we’ve gotten again. Like, we’ve now had COCC, BB, all stripped down and mostly piano driven and Ocean Blvd was supposed to usher in a new sound supposedly, but to me this record just feels like a continuation of the previous eras since NFR, with the exception of a few tracks. I really wish Lana could just ditch Jack behind because he’s already given us his magnum opus w Lana and that was NFR, someone send him back to Taylor’s studio please. 

It’s hard defending the claims Lana’s music puts people to sleep when half of her discography consists of dragged out piano ballads.

Spoiler

It’s always so funny that people blame jack for this when almost every song on this record he produces has crazy instruments or they’re upbeat. It’s Lana’s fault we get piano ballads like 200% jack barely has anything to do with that

1 minute ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I am slightly disappointed by the amount of piano ballads we’re getting/we’ve gotten again. Like, we’ve now had COCC, BB, all stripped down and mostly piano driven and Ocean Blvd was supposed to usher in a new sound supposedly, but to me this record just feels like a continuation of the previous eras since NFR, with the exception of a few tracks. I really wish Lana could just ditch Jack behind because he’s already given us his magnum opus w Lana and that was NFR, someone send him back to Taylor’s studio please. 

It’s hard defending the claims Lana’s music puts people to sleep when half of her discography consists of dragged out piano ballads.

well, i don't think the 3 last tracks not being ballads is a coincidence

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

@xxmissdaytonaxx idk if you already said but is there any variation in Candy Necklace or does it pretty much just sound like the snippet we have?

Spoiler

the chorus is the same and it's gorgeous!! but the verses are what make the song. like she speeds up a bit in the verses and i love it. idk how to describe it exactly. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

1 minute ago, Obduration said:
  Hide contents

It’s always so funny that people blame jack for this when almost every song on this record he produces has crazy instruments or they’re upbeat. It’s Lana’s fault we get piano ballads like 200% jack barely has anything to do with that

I wasn’t implying Jack’s the reason we’re getting all these piano ballads, i’m just unsure what else he can get provide for us and Lana in the future, in terms of sound. 

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the chorus is the same and it's gorgeous!! but the verses are what make the song. like she speeds up a bit in the verses and i love it. idk how to describe it exactly. 

if u really don't have idea on how to describe it maybe you should let me music talk :true:

A producer's function is to convey their artist's wishes. They aren't holding Lana at gunpoint to create "piano ballads" in order to torture you. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

if u really don't have idea on how to describe it maybe you should let me music talk :true:

you know i'd love to. trust me, i know how it feels. but i only got lucky with the record store messing up. i'm not gonna risk ben and the FBI at my door. in my honeymoon daddy era i guess.  :suicide:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose