Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

i didn’t know how it was gonna sound since someone said it was ‘massive’

but it’s a really really pretty piano song, these are what she’s been missing. she can do piano well but it doesn’t have to sound boring !!

excited for hq

i can’t really hear many other instruments at all but from what i can tell it fits nicely before the JB interlude

17 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

can someone compile @DragonWhore's incorrect and correct statements

Spoiler

No video for this era is confirmed

There's the Jim reference I've been talking about for a year

The grants holds lots of surprises. A full length masterpiece.

•does this mean Sweet sounds like RCS or that Sweet IS RCS? cause we dont know how it sounds and BOZ said there are no scraps im confuwesed
•It's a nod to ''Watercolor Eyes.'' Not that it's actually RCS. 

•dear is the title track your top 10 in the album

•I love it! But it's #7 on the album for me. There's so many amazing songs on this album it's hard to put into words. Why is why I've said multiple times that u'll all pass out.

•Is her lower register prominent on the album or is it majorly her higher airy COCC voice

•There is more low register than COCC and BB for sure

Yes, some of the tracks are much longer than others. Don't do division to figure out the average track length on DYKTTATUOB, it's not accurate. Only a few of the songs are ''average'' length based off the total album run time.

•I'd be more worried about vinyl, although it seems each side can hold 23 minutes, so ~92 minutes max for a 2 LP. 

Correct, which is why the album is on two separate vinyls. 

•I said just shy of 1hr 20 mins. I'm rounding up, so you can expect something close to 1:20 but also not below 1:10 

•is there any audible electric guitar on the album? I know you said psychedelic vibes but im just such a whore for some grit I want confirmation 

•Absolutely, in multiple songs too. There are multiple songs that bring together strings and electric guitar as well.

So there's been love, there's been hate, there's been indifference about DYKTTATUOB. I dropped the hint about Ocean Blvd half a year ago, so here's more.

But lets get this straight, those who say it's not a departure from COCC and BB have no idea what they're talking about. 

The title track, which you have all heard by now, has nothing to do with those previous records. If you think it does, it's because you have an unrefined ear. Listen better, bitch. 

DYKTTATUOB is sonically the softest song on the album. It pulls reference from Honeymoon big time (strings) and others.....but the rest, you'll see.

We're going for CULT VIBES. Northern California, Fog, Redwood, Cold Beach. Sermons. Can't you see that from the cover and art? I've been saying this for a half year.

You're going to faint, that's all I am going to say

I told u about the pastor months ago 

we’re getting spoken word 

Did u know there's a tunnel under ocean Blvd is the ''Old Money'' of this album, just saying. 

Always trust DragWhore :nails:

Spoiler

yup yup

Spoiler

yup yup

6 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:
  Hide contents

i didn’t know how it was gonna sound since someone said it was ‘massive’

but it’s a really really pretty piano song, these are what she’s been missing. she can do piano well but it doesn’t have to sound boring !!

excited for hq

i can’t really hear many other instruments at all but from what i can tell it fits nicely before the JB interlude

Spoiler

There definitely are more instruments in the outro, but the quality doesn't help

4 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:
  Hide contents

•does this mean Sweet sounds like RCS or that Sweet IS RCS? cause we dont know how it sounds and BOZ said there are no scraps im confuwesed

•I love it! But it's #7 on the album for me. There's so many amazing songs on this album it's hard to put into words. Why is why I've said multiple times that u'll all pass out.

•Is her lower register prominent on the album or is it majorly her higher airy COCC voice

Yes, some of the tracks are much longer than others. Don't do division to figure out the average track length on DYKTTATUOB, it's not accurate. Only a few of the songs are ''average'' length based off the total album run time.

•I'd be more worried about vinyl, although it seems each side can hold 23 minutes, so ~92 minutes max for a 2 LP. 

•I said just shy of 1hr 20 mins. I'm rounding up, so you can expect something close to 1:20 but also not below 1:10 

•is there any audible electric guitar on the album? I know you said psychedelic vibes but im just such a whore for some grit I want confirmation 

•Absolutely, in multiple songs too. There are multiple songs that bring together strings and electric guitar as well.

So there's been love, there's been hate, there's been indifference about DYKTTATUOB. I dropped the hint about Ocean Blvd half a year ago, so here's more.

But lets get this straight, those who say it's not a departure from COCC and BB have no idea what they're talking about. 

The title track, which you have all heard by now, has nothing to do with those previous records. If you think it does, it's because you have an unrefined ear. Listen better, bitch. 

DYKTTATUOB is sonically the softest song on the album. It pulls reference from Honeymoon big time (strings) and others.....but the rest, you'll see.

We're going for CULT VIBES. Northern California, Fog, Redwood, Cold Beach. Sermons. Can't you see that from the cover and art? I've been saying this for a half year.

Did u know there's a tunnel under ocean Blvd is the ''Old Money'' of this album, just saying. 

Hide contents

yup yup

Reveal hidden contents

yup yup

these were the vaguest statements :sideeye:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

7 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

When does Elle put up the posts for lyrics? When the album comes out in NZ? Or do we have to wait until its out in the US? Ugh I want all the lyrics posts now

It's already posted here I think

Edit: the link didn't work like cuz of the embed so try this: http://lanaboards.com /topic/16244-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-pre-release-thread-out-march-24th-2023/?do=findComment&comment=1556404 

Spoiler

Candy Necklace sounds so mysterious just like she didn’t wanted to make it for that album because it’s so personal and dark :sadcore2: I love Fina China, that song feels just like Candy Necklace,personal,hard lyrics,dark and very emotional it’s giving unreleased song that wasn’t meant to be on any album. Still wondering what BOZ want to tell us in 2025 about that song. I don’t know what to say that song feel like a "secret".

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

these were the vaguest statements :sideeye:

Spoiler

There’s a lot of DragonWhore comments go and look for others I am tired at this point :uncomfortable: Most of them were right 

15 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

yup yup

Reveal hidden contents

yup yup

it definitely is so far the old money of the album i think, but i haven't listened to the full song so idfk

okay so old money this, west coast that... what song is the 'dealer' of the album?

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

2 minutes ago, jamesss said:

it definitely is so far the old money of the album i think, but i haven't listened to the full song so idfk

okay so old money this, west coast that... what song is the 'dealer' of the album?

Spoiler

would’ve been the scrapped screamo song but i feel like the closest one would be peppers or jon batiste 

Spoiler

THE WAY CANDY NECKLACE LITERALLY SOUNDS LIKE A SOUNDTRACK FOR A DYSTOPIAN MOVIE. THIS WOMAN I JUST CANT- :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing