Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just listened to the whole thing and...

Spoiler

Still lacking of words to express what this record has made me feel.

Not just definetly (and by far) her BEST. OB is, from my point of view, one of the most brilliant records done along the last 20 years at least. Deep and thoughtful, aesthetically exquisite, eclectic, innovative and risky. Lana and her collaborators had just made history of music with this album. I truly cannot talk in fair terms about how big of a ride this project feels like. Inmersive, honest and vulnerable to the core, original and authentic as few can even dream of, musically BRILLIANT.

The fact that she was one of my favourite artists way before this album and now releases this... Just a wide new door opened by her. If they said she changed the industry forever with BTD, dont know which are the words to talk properly about what she just did with OB.

My respect and admiration for her are just impossible to put to words. Just thank you, Lana.

I’m not gonna listen to candy necklace until release day so I still have something to look forward to, but can anyone tell me, is the whole track a piano track like the snippet she posted on Instagram? And how does it work being wedged between the two interludes (in terms of the genre/pacing/instrumental)

Just now, sjatib said:

Hide contents

Not just definetly (and by far) her BEST. OB is, from my point of view, one of the most brilliant records done along the last 20 years at least. Deep and thoughtful, aesthetically exquisite, eclectic, innovative and risky. Lana and her collaborators had just made history of music with this album. I truly cannot talk in fair terms about how big of a ride this project feels like. Inmersive, honest and vulnerable to the core, original and authentic as few can even dream of, musically BRILLIANT.

The fact that she was one of my favourite artists way before this album and now releases this... Just a wide new door opened by her. If they said she changed the industry forever with BTD, dont know which are the words to talk properly about what she just did with OB.

My respect and admiration for her are just impossible to put to words. Just thank you, Lana.

you actually put this so well 

her vulnerability and creativity went hand in hand to create this masterpiece :wub:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, sjatib said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

SPILLLL

Candy Necklace…

Spoiler

…followed by Jon Batiste Interlude is just sheer music brilliance. Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen, Kate Bush, Bob Dylan, etc levels of brilliance. Pure and unadulterated genius. Holy fuck.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

The interludes were necessary, now I understand what Lana wanted and why she included them.

i was opposed to them but listening to them in the context of the record made me appreciate them and really really enjoy them. i think they sound amazing

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Spoiler

Surprised to find Margaret is one of my favorite tracks.. that outro is so cute. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Spoiler

ahhh I’m so glad it’s clicking with so many ppl I’m so in love with this album theres no way to put it into words :wub:

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

my go to’s atm are margaret, let the light in, peppers and kintsugi :hair:

spill after spill from you :oic2:

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Candy Necklace…

Hide contents

…followed by Jon Batiste Interlude is just sheer music brilliance. Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen, Kate Bush, Bob Dylan, etc levels of brilliance. Pure and unadulterated genius. Holy fuck.

Spoiler

You get it………

candy necklace supremacy…..

12 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

i’m so confused how mojo gave this album the same rating at cocc and bb when it’s a million times better ..

Part of the problem is that they only give whole star scores. Like they don’t do 3.5s or 4.5s. They stated in the review that if it weren’t for a couple of songs like Kintsugi that bring the album down, it would be on par with NFR for them. Since they gave NFR 5/5 stars, they really could only give DYK 4 stars at most. 

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

Part of the problem is that they only give whole star scores. Like they don’t do 3.5s or 4.5s. They stated in the review that if it weren’t for a couple of songs like Kintsugi that bring the album down, it would be on par with NFR for them. Since they have NFR 5/5 stars, they really could only give DYK 4 stars at most. 

except Kintsugi brings it up even more they’re hearing impaired im afraid :hdu:

Spoiler

let the light in is so sensual and fills me with nostalgia. it reminds me of the beginning stages of a relationship that will inevitably last for a long time. so many sweet rituals. dancing in the kitchen vibes for sure.