Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What does it sound like

Spoiler

Okay first of all it's a piano ballad so nothing dominant but the piano (there's strings in the back) , but a ballad in a catchiest way lana ever did it's moody dark very emotional I don't want to say it's my favorite out of the album because it's too early and i would be reckless but it's a highlight for me for sure 

14 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

What does it sound like

Spoiler

Like THEEE greatest song of all time…

it’s mainly piano with some strings but it’s hard to hear the intricacies of the production…but it’s unlike any “piano ballad” she’s had before, very dark and haunting and almost sounds like a classical piano piece with her vocals and lyrics over it to me. Also very dynamic and warrants the entire 5+ minute runtime for a piano song. 

Kind of like a piano only version of the verses of a&w (first part) in terms of the vibe and energy…reminds me of Radiohead like that part of that song did  

AI album review:

its pretty good at describing the songs if you ever wanted to know what it meant skfjdslj

Spoiler

The Grants: this song seems to be a reflective and sentimental piece about the singer's desire to hold onto memories and important moments in life. The repetition of "I'm gonna take mine of you with me" reinforces the idea of cherishing memories and the importance of what one leaves behind after they're gone. The allusions to "Rocky Mountain High" and John Denver suggest a nostalgia for simpler times and a longing for a return to a more innocent and carefree era. The lyrics also touch on the idea of leaving a legacy and the impact we have on those around us, as seen in the lines about the singer's family line and the memories they choose to take with them. Overall, the song seems to be a heartfelt and introspective piece that encourages listeners to appreciate and hold onto the important moments in their own lives.

Ocean Blvd: this song seems to be a reflection on a desire for connection and validation, as well as a yearning for something deeper and more meaningful in life. The imagery of the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard is used as a metaphor for this hidden, secret world that the singer longs to explore, while the references to Harry Nilsson and "Hotel California" suggest a nostalgia for a simpler time. The repeated refrain of "When's it gonna be my turn?" highlights the singer's feelings of being left behind or forgotten in the midst of all this complexity. The chorus, with its provocative lyrics and repetition of the tunnel image, emphasizes the idea of being opened up and explored by another person, both physically and emotionally. Overall, the song has a melancholic and dreamy quality, with a hint of desperation and longing for connection.

Sweet: this song seems to be a love song with a whimsical and nostalgic tone. The first verse suggests that the singer is thinking about someone from their past and wishing they could communicate their feelings, but ultimately decides not to. The second verse establishes the singer's confidence in their unique identity and the chorus paints a picture of a quiet, idyllic place where the singer can be found. The third verse explores deeper questions about life and relationships, and the fourth verse poses some specific questions about the future. The outro adds a slightly darker tone with the mention of a knife, but overall the song seems to be about the search for love and a sense of home. The lyrics are poetic and have a dreamy quality to them. Without hearing the melody or arrangement, it's hard to fully assess the song's potential, but the lyrics have a strong sense of imagery and emotion.

AW: this song appear to be quite explicit and provocative. The repeated use of profanity and sexually suggestive language may not be suitable for all audiences. The song seems to be about a woman who is living a promiscuous and reckless lifestyle, and she is unapologetic about it. The lyrics touch on themes of rape, invisibility, and the objectification of women. The chorus, "This is the experience of being an American whore," seems to be a commentary on the way society views and treats women who engage in sexual behavior. Overall, the song is very raw and honest in its portrayal of this character's life, but it may not be appropriate for all listeners.

Kintsugi: this song seems to be a poignant and introspective reflection on grief and loss. The lyrics are raw and emotional, and they evoke a sense of longing and nostalgia for loved ones who have passed away. The repetition of the chorus emphasizes the theme of how light enters through the cracks of brokenness and pain, a concept reminiscent of the Japanese art of Kintsugi. The verses paint vivid images of the speaker's struggle to come to terms with death and how it impacts their relationships with others. The outro's reference to a folk song and the statement "I try so hard but that's okay" suggests a sense of acceptance and resilience in the face of difficult emotions. Overall, the lyrics of this song are evocative and thought-provoking, and it seems like it could be a moving and powerful piece when set to music.

Fingertips: This set of lyrics appears to be a deeply personal and introspective exploration of the artist's life and experiences. The song seems to touch on themes of mortality, family, mental health, and identity. The lyrics are quite raw and emotional, with vivid imagery and a stream-of-consciousness style. The verses seem to jump around from one topic to another, creating a somewhat disjointed narrative. However, this may be intentional and reflective of the artist's inner turmoil. The lyrics convey a sense of confusion and uncertainty, as well as a longing for connection and understanding. Overall, while the lyrics may be difficult to fully interpret without the context of the song's melody and performance, they do evoke a strong emotional response and convey a sense of authenticity and vulnerability.

PT: this song seems to be about someone who is constantly on the move, traveling from place to place in search of something or trying to find their place in the world. The chorus emphasizes the importance of trusting your instincts and knowing when it's time to move on. The bridge seems to touch on the idea of feeling left behind or inadequate compared to others, but ultimately deciding to move on anyway. The last verse seems to suggest that the narrator is returning home and realizing that things are not the same without someone they were close to. Overall, the lyrics paint a picture of someone who is searching for something or trying to find their place in the world. The repeated emphasis on knowing when it's time to move on suggests a theme of growth and change. The use of different locations (Paris, Texas; Spain; Florence, Alabama; Venice, California) also suggests a theme of travel and exploration. Without hearing the melody or seeing the performance, it's difficult to comment on the song's overall effectiveness or impact, but the lyrics do seem to tell a coherent story with a clear message.

Grandfather: the song seems to be a personal reflection on the speaker's identity and their relationship with their heritage and spirituality. The opening lines about white butterflies and beauty suggest a belief in the symbolism of these creatures and a connection to nature. The speaker acknowledges the perception that their identity was shaped by external forces, but asserts their own agency and intentionality.The chorus invokes a sense of longing for a spiritual connection, and the lyrics suggest a desire for guidance and wisdom from ancestral figures and a higher power. The references to poetry and music suggest that the speaker finds meaning and expression through creative endeavors. The repetition of the line "It took somebody else to make me beautiful" reinforces the idea that external forces may have played a role in shaping the speaker's identity, but they reject the notion that they are solely defined by those forces. Overall, the lyrics suggest a sense of introspection and a search for meaning and connection. The imagery and references to spirituality and nature create a contemplative and reflective tone. Based on the lyrics alone, it's difficult to determine the musical style or tone of the song, but the repetition of the chorus and the inclusion of melodic phrases suggest that it may be a ballad or folk-style song.

LTLI: the song seems to be about a romantic relationship characterized by late-night escapades, partying, and the desire to spend time together. The lyrics have a playful and carefree tone, with the narrator expressing a willingness to have fun and live in the moment. The chorus, in particular, is catchy and memorable, with the repeated refrain of "let the light in" creating a sense of openness and vulnerability. However, there are some potential red flags in the lyrics as well. The narrator mentions getting drunk and driving around, which is dangerous and irresponsible behavior. Additionally, there is a sense of possessiveness in the lyrics, with the narrator expressing a desire to be with their partner constantly and not allowing them to sleep. The line "don't be acting like I'm the kinda girl who can sleep" suggests that the narrator may be trying to control their partner's behavior. Overall, the song has a fun and upbeat vibe, but the lyrics suggest that there may be some underlying issues in the relationship depicted.

Mar: this song seems to be a simple and straightforward pop ballad about love and the certainty that comes with it. The opening lines suggest that the song is written for a friend and that the writer is messy with the pen, perhaps suggesting a personal and honest quality to the lyrics. The verses describe a man's experience of meeting someone named Margaret on a rooftop and feeling like he might be in trouble, with flashes of the good life. The chorus repeats the phrase "when you know you know" and emphasizes the certainty that comes with realizing you have found true love. The bridge provides some encouragement to those who may not yet have found love, suggesting that tomorrow may bring something new. The second verse, which is performed by Jack Antonoff, emphasizes the power of words, including their potential to be red flags or indicators of trouble. Overall, the song seems to be a catchy and upbeat celebration of the certainty and joy that comes with finding true love. The lyrics are simple and direct, but still manage to convey a sense of depth and emotion.

Fishtail: the song seems to be about a relationship that is not working out as the singer is starting to see through the facade of the other person. The lyrics talk about the other person wanting the singer to be sadder, and not caring about them as much as they say they do. The imagery of the palm trees and bayou create a dreamy and melancholic atmosphere, which matches the theme of the song. The lyrics are well-written and poetic, with clever wordplay like "painting red flags green" and "feeling hella rare". Overall, the song seems to have a bittersweet feel to it, and the lyrics effectively convey the message of the singer realizing that the relationship is not what they thought it was.

Peppers: "Hands on Your Knees" by Tommy Genesis and Lana Del Rey seems to be a playful, sexually charged song with a carefree and rebellious attitude. The chorus, with its repeated refrain of "Hands on your knees, I'm Angelina Jolie," sets a flirty and suggestive tone, while the verses describe a wild, free-spirited lifestyle, with the speaker dancing naked for their neighbors and taking their truck for midnight drives. The song also touches on more serious topics, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, but maintains a lighthearted tone throughout. The spoken interlude about merging the song with "Wipeout" adds to the playful nature of the track. Overall, the lyrics suggest a fun, carefree attitude towards life and love.

TTVB: "Part I: Taco Truck" seems to be a song with a catchy beat and a focus on the narrator's personal identity and struggles with mental health. The lyrics touch on themes of self-destructive behavior, violence, and a desire to be noticed. While the language can be provocative at times, the song appears to use these elements to create a mood and convey the narrator's emotional state. As for "Part II: VB," the song seems to be a more reflective and melancholic piece about missing someone and reminiscing on past experiences. The lyrics contain poetic imagery and a wistful tone that creates a sense of longing and nostalgia. The chorus is particularly memorable, with the repetition of "bang bang kiss kiss" adding a sense of playfulness to the song's otherwise serious themes. Overall, based on the lyrics alone, "Part II: VB" appears to be a more introspective and emotional song than "Part I: Taco Truck."

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

3 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:
  Hide contents

Honestly I’m not that disappointed that FJM didn’t get to sing a proper verse on LTLI, his voice during the chorus compliments Lana’s so well it makes me melt :defeated:

Spoiler

I feel like if he had his own verse it would ruin the song tbh. Like it’s just perfection as it is

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Spoiler

So now that I’ve heard Candy Necklace, it’s easily my favorite. So dark, so haunting. That piano is gorgeous and kind of reminds me of this song:

I would love a full album in this style. So moody. And it fits right in with the Baptiste interlude, which I love; hearing Lana’s ecstatic laughing with Jon on that interlude, they fit so well together. Perfection 

8 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

AI album review:

Hide contents

The Grants: this song seems to be a reflective and sentimental piece about the singer's desire to hold onto memories and important moments in life. The repetition of "I'm gonna take mine of you with me" reinforces the idea of cherishing memories and the importance of what one leaves behind after they're gone. The allusions to "Rocky Mountain High" and John Denver suggest a nostalgia for simpler times and a longing for a return to a more innocent and carefree era. The lyrics also touch on the idea of leaving a legacy and the impact we have on those around us, as seen in the lines about the singer's family line and the memories they choose to take with them. Overall, the song seems to be a heartfelt and introspective piece that encourages listeners to appreciate and hold onto the important moments in their own lives.

Ocean Blvd: this song seems to be a reflection on a desire for connection and validation, as well as a yearning for something deeper and more meaningful in life. The imagery of the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard is used as a metaphor for this hidden, secret world that the singer longs to explore, while the references to Harry Nilsson and "Hotel California" suggest a nostalgia for a simpler time. The repeated refrain of "When's it gonna be my turn?" highlights the singer's feelings of being left behind or forgotten in the midst of all this complexity. The chorus, with its provocative lyrics and repetition of the tunnel image, emphasizes the idea of being opened up and explored by another person, both physically and emotionally. Overall, the song has a melancholic and dreamy quality, with a hint of desperation and longing for connection.

Sweet: this song seems to be a love song with a whimsical and nostalgic tone. The first verse suggests that the singer is thinking about someone from their past and wishing they could communicate their feelings, but ultimately decides not to. The second verse establishes the singer's confidence in their unique identity and the chorus paints a picture of a quiet, idyllic place where the singer can be found. The third verse explores deeper questions about life and relationships, and the fourth verse poses some specific questions about the future. The outro adds a slightly darker tone with the mention of a knife, but overall the song seems to be about the search for love and a sense of home. The lyrics are poetic and have a dreamy quality to them. Without hearing the melody or arrangement, it's hard to fully assess the song's potential, but the lyrics have a strong sense of imagery and emotion.

AW: this song appear to be quite explicit and provocative. The repeated use of profanity and sexually suggestive language may not be suitable for all audiences. The song seems to be about a woman who is living a promiscuous and reckless lifestyle, and she is unapologetic about it. The lyrics touch on themes of rape, invisibility, and the objectification of women. The chorus, "This is the experience of being an American whore," seems to be a commentary on the way society views and treats women who engage in sexual behavior. Overall, the song is very raw and honest in its portrayal of this character's life, but it may not be appropriate for all listeners.

Kintsugi: this song seems to be a poignant and introspective reflection on grief and loss. The lyrics are raw and emotional, and they evoke a sense of longing and nostalgia for loved ones who have passed away. The repetition of the chorus emphasizes the theme of how light enters through the cracks of brokenness and pain, a concept reminiscent of the Japanese art of Kintsugi. The verses paint vivid images of the speaker's struggle to come to terms with death and how it impacts their relationships with others. The outro's reference to a folk song and the statement "I try so hard but that's okay" suggests a sense of acceptance and resilience in the face of difficult emotions. Overall, the lyrics of this song are evocative and thought-provoking, and it seems like it could be a moving and powerful piece when set to music.

Fingertips: This set of lyrics appears to be a deeply personal and introspective exploration of the artist's life and experiences. The song seems to touch on themes of mortality, family, mental health, and identity. The lyrics are quite raw and emotional, with vivid imagery and a stream-of-consciousness style. The verses seem to jump around from one topic to another, creating a somewhat disjointed narrative. However, this may be intentional and reflective of the artist's inner turmoil. The lyrics convey a sense of confusion and uncertainty, as well as a longing for connection and understanding. Overall, while the lyrics may be difficult to fully interpret without the context of the song's melody and performance, they do evoke a strong emotional response and convey a sense of authenticity and vulnerability.

PT: this song seems to be about someone who is constantly on the move, traveling from place to place in search of something or trying to find their place in the world. The chorus emphasizes the importance of trusting your instincts and knowing when it's time to move on. The bridge seems to touch on the idea of feeling left behind or inadequate compared to others, but ultimately deciding to move on anyway. The last verse seems to suggest that the narrator is returning home and realizing that things are not the same without someone they were close to. Overall, the lyrics paint a picture of someone who is searching for something or trying to find their place in the world. The repeated emphasis on knowing when it's time to move on suggests a theme of growth and change. The use of different locations (Paris, Texas; Spain; Florence, Alabama; Venice, California) also suggests a theme of travel and exploration. Without hearing the melody or seeing the performance, it's difficult to comment on the song's overall effectiveness or impact, but the lyrics do seem to tell a coherent story with a clear message.

Grandfather: the song seems to be a personal reflection on the speaker's identity and their relationship with their heritage and spirituality. The opening lines about white butterflies and beauty suggest a belief in the symbolism of these creatures and a connection to nature. The speaker acknowledges the perception that their identity was shaped by external forces, but asserts their own agency and intentionality.The chorus invokes a sense of longing for a spiritual connection, and the lyrics suggest a desire for guidance and wisdom from ancestral figures and a higher power. The references to poetry and music suggest that the speaker finds meaning and expression through creative endeavors. The repetition of the line "It took somebody else to make me beautiful" reinforces the idea that external forces may have played a role in shaping the speaker's identity, but they reject the notion that they are solely defined by those forces. Overall, the lyrics suggest a sense of introspection and a search for meaning and connection. The imagery and references to spirituality and nature create a contemplative and reflective tone. Based on the lyrics alone, it's difficult to determine the musical style or tone of the song, but the repetition of the chorus and the inclusion of melodic phrases suggest that it may be a ballad or folk-style song.

LTLI: the song seems to be about a romantic relationship characterized by late-night escapades, partying, and the desire to spend time together. The lyrics have a playful and carefree tone, with the narrator expressing a willingness to have fun and live in the moment. The chorus, in particular, is catchy and memorable, with the repeated refrain of "let the light in" creating a sense of openness and vulnerability. However, there are some potential red flags in the lyrics as well. The narrator mentions getting drunk and driving around, which is dangerous and irresponsible behavior. Additionally, there is a sense of possessiveness in the lyrics, with the narrator expressing a desire to be with their partner constantly and not allowing them to sleep. The line "don't be acting like I'm the kinda girl who can sleep" suggests that the narrator may be trying to control their partner's behavior. Overall, the song has a fun and upbeat vibe, but the lyrics suggest that there may be some underlying issues in the relationship depicted.

Mar: this song seems to be a simple and straightforward pop ballad about love and the certainty that comes with it. The opening lines suggest that the song is written for a friend and that the writer is messy with the pen, perhaps suggesting a personal and honest quality to the lyrics. The verses describe a man's experience of meeting someone named Margaret on a rooftop and feeling like he might be in trouble, with flashes of the good life. The chorus repeats the phrase "when you know you know" and emphasizes the certainty that comes with realizing you have found true love. The bridge provides some encouragement to those who may not yet have found love, suggesting that tomorrow may bring something new. The second verse, which is performed by Jack Antonoff, emphasizes the power of words, including their potential to be red flags or indicators of trouble. Overall, the song seems to be a catchy and upbeat celebration of the certainty and joy that comes with finding true love. The lyrics are simple and direct, but still manage to convey a sense of depth and emotion.

Fishtail: the song seems to be about a relationship that is not working out as the singer is starting to see through the facade of the other person. The lyrics talk about the other person wanting the singer to be sadder, and not caring about them as much as they say they do. The imagery of the palm trees and bayou create a dreamy and melancholic atmosphere, which matches the theme of the song. The lyrics are well-written and poetic, with clever wordplay like "painting red flags green" and "feeling hella rare". Overall, the song seems to have a bittersweet feel to it, and the lyrics effectively convey the message of the singer realizing that the relationship is not what they thought it was.

Peppers: "Hands on Your Knees" by Tommy Genesis and Lana Del Rey seems to be a playful, sexually charged song with a carefree and rebellious attitude. The chorus, with its repeated refrain of "Hands on your knees, I'm Angelina Jolie," sets a flirty and suggestive tone, while the verses describe a wild, free-spirited lifestyle, with the speaker dancing naked for their neighbors and taking their truck for midnight drives. The song also touches on more serious topics, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, but maintains a lighthearted tone throughout. The spoken interlude about merging the song with "Wipeout" adds to the playful nature of the track. Overall, the lyrics suggest a fun, carefree attitude towards life and love.

TTVB: "Part I: Taco Truck" seems to be a song with a catchy beat and a focus on the narrator's personal identity and struggles with mental health. The lyrics touch on themes of self-destructive behavior, violence, and a desire to be noticed. While the language can be provocative at times, the song appears to use these elements to create a mood and convey the narrator's emotional state. As for "Part II: VB," the song seems to be a more reflective and melancholic piece about missing someone and reminiscing on past experiences. The lyrics contain poetic imagery and a wistful tone that creates a sense of longing and nostalgia. The chorus is particularly memorable, with the repetition of "bang bang kiss kiss" adding a sense of playfulness to the song's otherwise serious themes. Overall, based on the lyrics alone, "Part II: VB" appears to be a more introspective and emotional song than "Part I: Taco Truck."

Wait, an AI wrote this, or you wrote this? Lol if it’s an AI, I’m impressed!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So now that I’ve heard Candy Necklace, it’s easily my favorite. So dark, so haunting. That piano is gorgeous and kind of reminds me of this song:

I would love a full album in this style. So moody. And it fits right in with the Baptiste interlude, which I love; hearing Lana’s ecstatic laughing with Jon on that interlude, they fit so well together. Perfection 

Wait, an AI wrote this, or you wrote this? Lol if it’s an AI, I’m impressed!!

ChatGPT shes a smart girl and lana stan :gurl:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

4 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:
  Hide contents

IIIIIIIIII went to Paris, Texas

Spoiler

We'll go there & never look back

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole