Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

CANDY NECKLANCE HQ Y'ALL

Can anybody confirm?:pout:

Spoiler

If you're talking about 11mb file, then no. It's the same file, but upscaled...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

If people get/got their hands on the CD, we might get Candy Necklace in HQ on Monday, at best... 

Since we know most people who had the album didn't have the song, I doubt they'll be able to share the HQ file like they did with Peppers (and the rest of the album)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Fishtail and Peppers seem to be two sides of the same coin, narratively speaking. Both songs share lyrical parallels like:

Spoiler

Don’t you dare say that you’ll braid my hair if you don’t really care // You can braid my hair, do a fat criss cross in the back somewhere

I wish I can skinny dip inside your mind // Take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind

Bruises on my knees // Hands on your knees I’m Angelina Jolie

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Just now, violentvioletsky said:

Fishtail and Peppers seem to be two sides of the same coin, narratively speaking. Both songs share lyrical parallels like:

Hide contents

Don’t you dare say that you’ll braid my hair if you don’t really care // You can braid my hair, do a fat criss cross in the back somewhere

I wish I can skinny dip inside your mind // Take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind

Bruises on my knees // Hands on your knees I’m Angelina Jolie

Spoiler

Same with Margaret and Paris, Texas

Spoiler

ROCKAFELLA :trisha: 

MY UMBRELLA :air: 

GOD I LOVE YOU :paris: 

BABYYYYYY. :lange:

STORYTELLER US FOREVER  :wowcry:

i wish i could have this part on repeat until the end of time 

12 hours ago, DCooper said:

Taco Truck x VB

Hide contents

completely obsessed, I totally disagree that VB seems randomly tacked on, I think it's a perfect ending to the album. After the incredibly vast journey we just went on, to return to one of her most sprawling iconic song but twist it into something darker like this blows my fucking mind. There's something sinister about it, I don't know how to explain it LOL. It's like to took every feeling that Venice Bitch evokes and inverted the colours. Venice Bitch has such a free feeling to it that I've always found peaceful and wide open, but this is her evil sister down in a claustrophobic basement club somewhere and it really makes me wonder where she's going next. I think it's a fascinating ending to an incredibly bold and creative masterpiece of an album

Spoiler

Agree! Also, isn't it crazy how she starts the album with her pastor and gospel, and ends it with dropping acid and trap. That's very intentional. Bad girl forever.

Spoiler

letmeputmyhandsonyourkneesangelinajolie

ocean blvd is the child of NFR and honeymoon and you fuckers won't convince me otherwise

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

So the album structure is 2 opening ballads with gospel, alternative trap bop for A&W, then a bunch of piano ballads, then 3 alternative trap bops at the end……

Spoiler

I wouldn't consider Let The Light In and Margaret piano ballads, Grandfather also has some percussion during the final chorus

2 minutes ago, Peppers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't consider Let The Light In and Margaret piano ballads, Grandfather also has some percussion during the final chorus

Spoiler

The album is unhinged and it’s intentional. 

Spoiler

GPSOTSOMFWHDSF makes me feel like I'm standing on top of a mountain spreading my arms yelling while wind's blowing my way

The Grants makes me feel like I'm at a funeral dressed in all white

Paris, Texas makes me feel like a forgein homosexual living by the lake in an eerie location where days aren't bright

Judah Smith interlude makes me feel like I'm trapped in an empty megachurch with only the pastor there, with lighting that dims gradually until I'm in a dark room fearing the pastor will reach me without me seeing him

Ocean Blvd makes me feel cold there's something breezy about it

A&W makes me feel like american & whore

Fingertips makes me feel like killing myself

Peppers makes me feel like shaking ass next to a fishing shore

Taco Truck makes me feel crazy y cubano

Sweet makes me feel like I'm barefoot sitting on a wooden porch in a yellow dress with my 2 german shepherds

Margaret makes me feel alone omg opening grindr after this

Fishtail makes me feel like murdering a man

Kintsugi makes me feel

Jon Batiste Interlude makes me feel like I'm floating through time and space 

Let The Light In makes me feel like giving Drew Erickson head he really did his thing with this song

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

qfrWuBl.png