Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

One of my main takeaways from OC is how much broader the writing and arrangements are--we may love (or not) songs like 'White Mustang,' 'Cherry,' 'Love Song,' 'How To Disappear,' 'Wild At Heart,' and 'Beautiful,' but there's no doubt that these are not very challenging songs as compositions.

Had 'Let the Light In' been on COCC or BB, I think it would have been a lot more polished and key moments would have been stressed that would have commercialized it or made it more digestible to the general public. I'm glad the instinct here was not to do that, and not only on LTLI; I could see 'Fishtail' going that way too, among others. I can't see Lana backpedaling on the next album or two.  

Spoiler

its very strange to me you bring LTLI as an example compared to these "not very challenging songs". LTLI is as simple of a song as it gets, imo; its the simplest song on the album, and rhats where its beauty lies.

image.png

5 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

grandfather should have been the opener :oprah3::true:

Spoiler

I used to think that too. But then most other songs are sooo slow, Grandfather as number one would have made people think the album would be more upbeat. The Grants actually sets the tone pretty well.

1 hour ago, Three White Butterflies said:

I listened to CN anddddd

Hide contents

I’m not going to form a full opinion until I hear it in HQ but I don’t think it was top 10 for me sorry :bebe:

same

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Ok I caved and listened to the album tbh

Spoiler

I only listened to all of these once maybe twice, so I still don't know what I will ultimately think of the songs but:

SWEET: Very sweet, no pun intended, it's a cute song

KINTUSGI: A lyrical slay for sure

LTLI: Honestly, I loved this one, I played it several times, so fucking good imo, wish FJM had more vocals though

Taco Truck x VB: I was expecting more, but it's good enough to be considered a "bop" for her, the VB remix is nice but again I was just expecting more

Fishtail: Amazing

Held out on Grandfather and Peppers. Waiting for album release. 

Just now, Dominikx4 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

its very strange to me you bring LTLI as an example compared to these "not very challenging songs". LTLI is as simple of a song as it gets, imo; its the simplest song on the album, and rhats where its beauty lies.

Spoiler

I'm saying that it wasn't commercialized and turned into a pop (or country pop) song, as it easily could have been, like 'Wild At Heart.' As I hear it, it's been left a little ragged, as during the first 'oooohhhs'  at 1:12 where their voices don't quite mesh. Instead of being cleaned up or rerecorded, it was left as it was. As a song, I don't think it's nearly as basic and boiled down as 'White Mustang,' 'Cherry,' 'Love Song,' or 'How To Disappear.' 

I hope she keeps working with actual pianists in future albums. This is not a diss to Drew or Jack cause they did an amazing job but I missed actual compositions instead of just some accompanying chords (which also work sometimes of course)

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

same

Spoiler

It's a very blah song imo. Very repetative, demo-ish, and you can barely hear John Baptiste. Like, THAT's the best the two of them could cook up together? I can only imagine how bad that song was that she cut out.

new and updated ranking w/ Candy Necklace 

Spoiler

1) Let The Light In

2) Margaret

3) Kintsugi

4) Grandfather

5) Peppers

6) Taco Truck x VB

7) Title Track

8) A&W

9) The Grants

10) Paris, Texas

11) Fishtail

12) Sweet

13) Fingertips

14) Candy Necklace

15) Jon Batiste Interlude

16) Judah Smith Interlude

surprised how Kintsugi climbed to #3 and how disappointed i am by Candy Necklace :deadbanana: i really like the prechorus of CN, but the chorus and that piano are so godawfully annoying smh. It's like Bartender on steroids, and not in a good way

image.png

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope she keeps working with actual pianists in future albums. This is not a diss to Drew or Jack cause they did an amazing job but I missed actual compositions instead of just some accompanying chords (which also work sometimes of course)

Spoiler

Honestly, she needs to STOP working with Drew altogether. Two albums is enough.

And, genuinely, I wish she'd go back to working with Emil Heyne, Rick Nowels, etc. 

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

new and updated ranking w/ Candy Necklace 

Hide contents

1) Let The Light In

2) Margaret

3) Kintsugi

4) Grandfather

5) Peppers

6) Taco Truck x VB

7) Title Track

8) A&W

9) The Grants

10) Paris, Texas

11) Fishtail

12) Sweet

13) Fingertips

14) Candy Necklace

15) Jon Batiste Interlude

16) Judah Smith Interlude

surprised how Kintsugi climbed to #3 and how disappointed i am by Candy Necklace :deadbanana: i really like the prechorus of CN, but the chorus and that piano are so godawfully annoying smh. It's like Bartender on steroids, and not in a good way

Spoiler

bartender is a gorgeous song lyrically and piano wise. I listened to Candy Necklace three times and have no fucking idea what it's supposed to be about.

Hey so I’m new on here but i’ve been lurking this pre release for awhile and that was such a big mistake on my side cus reading everything made me too impatient and i just caved and listened to the album so thanks y’all:hoe:

Just now, moonchaser said:

Hey so I’m new on here but i’ve been lurking this pre release for awhile and that was such a big mistake on my side cus reading everything made me too impatient and i just caved and listened to the album so thanks y’all:hoe:

welcome uwu

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Hey y'all, can anyone pls tell me what she says in GPSOTSOMFWHDSF after

Spoiler

Cause I’m good in spirit, warm-bodied
???

pretty pleeeek help a girl out :ohno: trying to make a lyric video for each song and this is the one line that I can't figure out :hide: