Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Preemptive ranking (that nobody asked for lol), will change with time. Will revisit for post release thread.

I know some of my ranks are going to be unpopular but we all connect with different tracks/vibes.

That said all the tracks on this album are amazing. Think this may end up being my fave album. Artistically she is on another level. Lyricism, production, mood-all of it. It is her most ambitious project to date, and she DELIVERS.

Spoiler

Grandfather

AW

Fingertips

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Let The Light In

Peppers

Taco Truck

Did You Know

Kintsugi

Sweet

The Grants

Paris

Margaret

Not ranking interludes but JB>>>JS

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

whats your big 3? :kiss3: I'm a Candy Necklace sun+moon & Sweet rising

Hide contents

The Grants: Cancer, "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Candy Necklace: Scorpio, "& I'm obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces" 

Paris, Texas: Gemini, "when you know, you know- it's time, it's time to go"

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.:thumb:

Spoiler

I don’t even like zoology or whatever it is but as an aquarius those are some of my top lyrics from the album…:suicide:

7 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

Hide contents

The Grants: Cancer, "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

omg i’m a fishtail sun and taco truck moon+rising :sluttybunny:this is fun

Any prediction about the l3ak of CN in HQ?

Since we have the global listening parties on the 22th, I bet we'll have the whole album in its final form on the 21th.

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

Reveal hidden contents

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

Margaret - Sun / Peppers - Moon :w8ing:

2 minutes ago, DZKSLEFTNUT said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t even like zoology or whatever it is but as an aquarius those are some of my top lyrics from the album…:suicide:

I'm a leo and taco truck is THAT bitch. Lmao

totally see the rest of your points making sense. Paris texas gemini 🤣 so true

14 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Hide contents

Lol, love this!

AW Sun (Aries)

Candy Necklace Moon (Scorpio)

Peppers Rising (Sag)

I can definitely say this seems very fitting lol. 

7 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

let the light in sun, a&w moon, taco truck rising :nails: love the way you practially guessed my sun sign lmao even though i know nothing about astrology

Spoiler

I have to share something personal I’m sorry to take up space with this but I just need to vent. 
Kintsugi has me so destroyed every single time I listen. It’s already so relatable to anyone who has lost anyone. Like if you know you know sadly. The way Lana is describing these feelings of grief and how they’re ever changing is unbelievable. She’s capturing something that’s nearly impossible to put into words. For me personally this song is so insanely accurate to my experience and my feelings. I lived with my grandparents on my dads side from 11 years old to 18 when they both died. My grandpa was sick but my grandmas death was totally unexpected. She was only 62, she still had a full time job. She was in a car accident. To make the song even more on point, my dad is my bestfriend. I’m closer to him than I am to any other family member now. To add ANOTHER thing on top of all that.. when I was little we vacationed in my dads family cabin in the mountains. 

but besides Lana being able to capture all of this in a way that’s specifically relatable to my story.. it also goes beyond that. I’ve also lost over 10 friends my age to drugs.
In that process, I’ve watched girls I was friends with lose their boyfriends and the fathers of their children. This song not only makes me think of myself but of those girls and anyone who’s lost someone and is also close to their dad.

I just….. the way she sings “daddy I miss them, I’m in the mountains” 

this song is going to stick with me forever.

I can’t wait to play it for my dad and my uncle. 

Spoiler

Palm trees in black and white, last thing I saw before I died.

-Jump, 2010

Palm trees in black and white, I like to watch them sway.”

-Fishtail, 2023

the growth :xcry:

11 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Reveal hidden contents

candy necklace sun, grants moon, and margaret rising 🥰

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Reveal hidden contents

Omg I love this!

Taco Truck sun, Candy Necklace moon, Grandfather rising! :woot:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Kintsugi

Spoiler

Is such a healing song to me I can’t hold back tears listening to it, its so sad yet hopeful ugh i love it so much

Spoiler

“ it’s just that I don’t trust myself with my heart

but i’ve had to let it break it a little more

cus they say that’s what it’s for

THAT’S HOW THE LIGHT SHINES IN” :xcry:

21 minutes ago, yourboy said:

got bored and mashed up paris texas acapella with this version and it's kinda great

but i can't share it :oprah2: or i will get banned

Spoiler

i love sitars

I don't think it's on that site, I really don't think so. I wouldn't search it up there.

will I get a warning point for this..? :crying2: please lord have mercy please i will delete this if it's against the rules.

#1. The Grants / Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd / Sweet / A&W / Candy Necklace / Jon Batiste Interlude / Kintsugi / Fingertips / Paris, Texas / Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing / Let The Light In / Margaret / Fishtail / Peppers / Taco Truck x VB

#2. Judah Smith Interlude

:gclap:

Spoiler

The way people complained about Chucky making birthday cake but really what she was doing was creating a sense of familiarity between the listener and the people she loves, so a line like the one in Kintsugi hits even harder. So much love for Chuck :cryney2:

4 minutes ago, yourboy said:
  Hide contents

i love sitars

I don't think it's on that site, I really don't think so. I wouldn't search it up there.

will I get a warning point for this..? :crying2: please lord have mercy please i will delete this if it's against the rules.

Spoiler

There is a sitar instrument????? :worship: