Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Send help...

Spoiler

I can't stop playing Let The Light In, just fuck...it hits so hard. Love it so much.

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

ummm am i the only one who noticed that fishtails kinda sounds like

Hide contents

live or die??? just a small part of it.

it actually does! This song gives off this unreleased jam energy fr

1 minute ago, DLT said:

Send help...

Hide contents

I can't stop playing Let The Light In, just fuck...it hits so hard. Love it so much.

Same but with Paris, I literally started to cry when I first listened 

Does anyone know if she’s releasing something for the record store day?? I went to my local store and they told me they’re bringing something but don’t know what it is :lange:

My ranking, I know it will change once I dig deeper into the lyrics.

Spoiler

1. A&W (instant classic from start to finish)

2. Candy Necklace (I was missing these dark haunting melodies from Lana, LOVE IT)

3. Taco Truck x VB (quintessential Lanita, addicted) 

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean Blvd? (open me up, tell me you like it, fuck me to death, love me until I love myself, there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd... DON'T FORGET ME :trisha:)

5. Fingertips (not the strongest melodically, but its improvised nature and the fragile vocals are just heartbreaking, Lana at her most vulnerable)

6. Paris Texas (same feelings I got listening to Bartender in 2019, it sounds like a secret, whimsical)

7. Peppers (psychodelic slutty bop, what else can we ask for:sluttybunny:)

8. Fishtails (I think this one will eventually grow on me just like Cinnamon Girl or TJF did) 

9. Grandfather, please stand on my father shoulders while he's deep see fishing

10. Kintusugi

11. The Grants (great opener leading into the title track and setting up the themes for the album)

12. Sweet (Love Song has to be one of my least favorite Lana tracks ever so the comparisons worried me. I think this one is much better, the Disney like melody >>>)

13.Let The Light In (it sounds so warm and full and cozy but it doesn't bring much to the narrative of the album).

14. Margaret (I mean, she's cute and my first reaction was positive because I had lower expectations... but still my least favorite. I actually enjoy the most Jack verse, I would prefer it ended up on a Bleachers album).

Not ranking the interludes but I love both, I think they add a lot of atmosphere to the album and with CN between them :cumming2:I'm gonna listen those three tracks front to back so much, I know it.

51 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

whats your big 3? :kiss3: I'm a Candy Necklace sun+moon & Sweet rising

Reveal hidden contents

The Grants: Cancer, "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Candy Necklace: Scorpio, "& I'm obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces" 

Paris, Texas: Gemini, "when you know, you know- it's time, it's time to go"

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

proud to be a Margaret Sun, Peppers Moon, Ocean Blvd rising

EDIT: DID CANDY NECKLACE LEAK WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, rosemeadexclusivebbnewyorkcity said:

last night I was up until 3 am listening to the album and today I woke up and I immediately started listening again help me I think I'm falling in love too fast :xcry:

I've had the same experience--48 hours ago, I listened to it over and over on a 10-mile walk around Brooklyn, and so didn't listen to it at all--except CN--over the last two days. Not that I'm afraid of wearing it out completely, because, as I've said, I still listen to BB and never tire of it (except the title track, which I don't care for). 

1. Candy Necklace (TBD)

2. Let the light in

3. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

5. Sweet

6. Taco Truck x VB

7. Fingertips

8. Fishtail

9. A&W

10. The Grants

11. Peppers

12. Kintsugi

13. The Grants

14. Margaret

15. Jon Batiste Interlude

16. Judah Smith Interlude

(ranking subject to change)

I am so ready to see the reviews, sales and gps reception. Not that any of that truly matters bc it doesn't. This will forever be a defining album for her I feel. It is just interesting to see how other people interpret her work. I am perched! Good/bad, we know this is a career highlight and that's that on that.

5 hours ago, burthday kake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

no bc im sorry if its just my typical delulu but i swear that Let The Light In has such Beatles/Ringo esque drumming in it????? specifically reminded me of 'Something' tbh.

listen to the drum "fill" after the line "put The Beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed" on LTLI (2:47-2:54)

& then to Something by The Beatles, specifically the drums after the line"somewhere in her smile she knows" at 41 seconds( i linked so it starts here)

ITS SO SIMILAR SOMEONE CONFIRM THEY HEAR IT TOO :trisha: or ill go crazyyyy read my gold chain says Lanita

@LetTheLightln BESTIE noone replied to me & you're the LB resident nr1 LTLI & Beatles stan so I need your thoughts :thumb:

59 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

whats your big 3? :kiss3: I'm a Candy Necklace sun+moon & Sweet rising

Reveal hidden contents

The Grants: Cancer, "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Candy Necklace: Scorpio, "& I'm obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces" 

Paris, Texas: Gemini, "when you know, you know- it's time, it's time to go"

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons) despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anyway  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

Sun: Paris, Texas

Moon: Margaret 

rising: Taco Truck :godlaugh: