Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

24 minutes ago, sweet cereal killer said:

My ranking, I know it will change once I dig deeper into the lyrics.

Hide contents

1. A&W (instant classic from start to finish)

2. Candy Necklace (I was missing these dark haunting melodies from Lana, LOVE IT)

3. Taco Truck x VB (quintessential Lanita, addicted) 

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean Blvd? (open me up, tell me you like it, fuck me to death, love me until I love myself, there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd... DON'T FORGET ME :trisha:)

5. Fingertips (not the strongest melodically, but its improvised nature and the fragile vocals are just heartbreaking, Lana at her most vulnerable)

6. Paris Texas (same feelings I got listening to Bartender in 2019, it sounds like a secret, whimsical)

7. Peppers (psychodelic slutty bop, what else can we ask for:sluttybunny:)

8. Fishtails (I think this one will eventually grow on me just like Cinnamon Girl or TJF did) 

9. Grandfather, please stand on my father shoulders while he's deep see fishing

10. Kintusugi

11. The Grants (great opener leading into the title track and setting up the themes for the album)

12. Sweet (Love Song has to be one of my least favorite Lana tracks ever so the comparisons worried me. I think this one is much better, the Disney like melody >>>)

13.Let The Light In (it sounds so warm and full and cozy but it doesn't bring much to the narrative of the album).

14. Margaret (I mean, she's cute and my first reaction was positive because I had lower expectations... but still my least favorite. I actually enjoy the most Jack verse, I would prefer it ended up on a Bleachers album).

Not ranking the interludes but I love both, I think they add a lot of atmosphere to the album and with CN between them :cumming2:I'm gonna listen those three tracks front to back so much, I know it.

Spoiler

glad to know there are bartender-like songs on the record, so excited for PT :trisha:

and also for giving me Margaret

5 minutes ago, CVNTDELREY said:

do u think we’re getting any music video?

I’d love visualizers for every song, just imagine the beach from the Neil photoshoot with Let The Light In

:eek:

Personally, i want a dark sexy video for taco truck. A cross between the interview magazine shoot and tropico. Something slutty af

1 minute ago, Im a ghost now said:

How long have you been asleep for :biblio:

this is rly sad, but i actually slept for 14 hours last night bc im sick

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Spoiler

I feel luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Girl Screaming Cry Meme GIF - Girl Screaming Cry Meme Cry - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

this is rly sad, but i actually slept for 14 hours last night bc im sick

I'm sorry, hope you feel better :aw: I got confused and I thought CN had leaked on friday, but it was actually last night ! 

2 hours ago, Im a ghost now said:

Hey y'all, can anyone pls tell me what she says in GPSOTSOMFWHDSF after

Hide contents

Cause I’m good in spirit, warm-bodied
???

pretty pleeeek help a girl out :ohno: trying to make a lyric video for each song and this is the one line that I can't figure out :hide:

Spoiler

what i hear: infallible, giddy wrapped up in white 

Just sitting here thinking about things. I know there were some people who were apprehensive about how much of this album would be about the cop but a lot of it harkens back to JD. I am kind of surprised that I feel like/interpret many of the songs being attributed to or about him. I didn't expect that. I know this album is going to create many discussions and interesting points in the Lanalysis thread.

Spoiler

Ok but truly what is with the chihuahua barking in fishtail :awkney: like what does that add to the song. This is not me hating in fishtail I do like it but????

2 minutes ago, The Grants said:
  Hide contents

glad to know there are bartender-like songs on the record, so excited for PT :trisha:

Spoiler

Paris texas is definitely the closest track to bartender she's ever made and probably ever will. And i should know, look at my user name lol. Only bartender is a little bit sadder/gloomier. Pt is more like past the point of caring, going from one place to another and not sticking around anywhere. Its an ode to self-sufficiency or autonomy. At least that's how i understood it. 

Spoiler

Think by the 3rd of march I was cracked open

finally the ground was cold they wouldn't open

brought by the sunlight of the spirit to pour into me

there's a name for it in Japanese, it's Kintsugi

they sang folk songs from the 40s, even the 14 year old knew 'Froggy Came A-Courtin'

how do my blood relatives know all of these songs?

I don't know anyone left who knows songs that I siiiiiing

That's how the light gets in, that's how the light gets in 

CB56-F0-F9-D4-C2-4-DF3-9-DA4-4-E4-D3-C95-F646.jpg

Just now, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips just hit me for the first time:wowcry:

It is a ton of bricks for sure, glad it has connected with you. It's a very special song.

4 minutes ago, emliqua said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok but truly what is with the chihuahua barking in fishtail :awkney: like what does that add to the song. This is not me hating in fishtail I do like it but????

Spoiler

at what minute does it happen?

1 minute ago, DLT said:

Just sitting here thinking about things. I know there were some people who were apprehensive about how much of this album would be about the cop but a lot of it harkens back to JD. I am kind of surprised that I feel like/interpret many of the songs being attributed to or about him. I didn't expect that. I know this album is going to create many discussions and interesting points in the Lanalysis thread.

I totally agree. 

Spoiler

I feel like Fishtail is about the cop. LTLI and Peppers are about JD. which makes me laugh when she says "don't you dare say that you'll braid my hair" in Fishtail and immediately we hear "you can braid my hair" in Peppers. ACAB baby! 

Hol up, who tf is left that hasn't listened? I haven't even listened to The Grants yet! When it dropped i had this calm just wash over me, saying I don't need to listen to it, and wait until the album. She's done her opener as a single for so many albums, but I feel this ones strength-its power. I know it's going to be overwhelming on first listen, but is that not what we want from someone like her? To have this entire project presented in full in high quality, a proper collapse, reeling from the song prior and being thrown into the next.

It seems this album created a snippet hunt fest and what is left for everyone on release day? Just a hq version of everything heard? Could never be me, but I fully understand the fever cus this classic is coming. I am so. Fuckin. Ready. SIDE C SUPREMACY BABIES I know it I know it I know it. Paris, Texas is mine.