Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, anwdelrey said:

The Grants made NME’s best new tracks playlist which is a good sign. But Pitchfork has been awfully quiet.

I’m predicting either a 9-10 from Pitchfork or like a 7 😭

...tbf many people kind of "clown" on Pitchfork and their ratings for the past decade or so 😅- it would be nice I guess to have a high rating?! Then again, I really only see those brought up in Twitter stan wars in which nobody really cares for their side in the first place. Unsure how Lana feels about that publication 🤔, maybe she'd like the validation for this record? :um2:

Spoiler

A&W was such a perfect single choice after hearing the album as a whole. The first half feels very representative of the first half of the album with songs like Fingertips, Candy Necklace, and Kintsugi, whereas the second half feels more aligned with Fishtail, Peppers, and Taco Truck. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Judging from y’all’s reviews, it seems like

Fingertips is the Hope of the album.

Grandfather is the “Mariners Apartment Complex”

Fishtails is the Cinnamon Girl

and Paris Texas is the Bartender of the album

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

maybe around a 7,  i loveeee the slutty bops we have but at the same time, i feel like these songs are gonna be divisive & polarizing af

It depends how the bops serve the album’s themes. I think the latter end of A&W only works because the first part of the song is heavy, if the first half of the album touches on v dark themes I feel like the more upbeat songs can complement that. Sort of a release after so many heavy songs.

Spoiler

I'm in awe at the run from Paris, Texas to TT x VB :trisha:

Lana usually loses me a tad in the back half of her records but it's honestly flawless. I can't believe this is her longest as well

6 hours ago, iconiclogan said:
  Hide contents

does anyone know what melody fishtail is using in the first half of the song? i swear it’s an unreleased song but i can’t put my finger on which…

Spoiler

L is for your love that you gave and took away
O is for the only one I wanted to stay
V is for my valiant Valium baby
E is for the X that we took with champagne

- Beautiful Player

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

Just wanted to share an amazing video of Lana's covers on The Voice. Some of them are soo good! And it's great to see that Hope and Milllion Dollar Man as some of the lesser known songs (compared to, like, Young and Beautiful) have a massive audience.

To stay on topic, I wonder which of the songs from the new album will find their way to this kind of stage. Maybe the title track?

Spoiler

CN sounds completely different as I expected it to sound like in base of the snippet we had back in august. 
I imagined it to sound more similar to “beautiful” or “sweet” but it has completely changed my mind. Its instrumental is dark and eerie, kinda reminds me of the lfl demo, definitely top 5 from the album :oprah2:

13 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

I retract my statement about Side D being the weakest part overall. I’m gonna have to say it’s Side B with 2 interludes and

Hide contents

Candy Necklace

Spoiler

Side B is definitely the weakest. They're literally my bottom 5. Super boring. If all of them were wiped out, I would be just as happy with the record. The only one I'd keep would be Kingstugi, but so darn slow and long.

Spoiler

The way this is her longest record but it’s so emotionally engaging and eloquent and each song has something special, it doesn’t drag at all:flutter: I saw people say that kintsugi/ fingertips are too long but i find them perfect as they are personally, they’re both such pleasant journeys if you’re going in with and open mind

Even the tracks that i was least excited for(sweet/margaret) ended up being amazing for me:trisha:

We’re eating GOOD with this album, i’m so grateful 

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I caved in and listened to fingertips. Well:oprah3: This is the kind of song that u have to force urself into liking and then maybe eventualy u will like it

Spoiler

Thank you. It's literally a chore to listen to. Her worst since Coachella. Why is everyone raving about it?