Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I think Pitchfork will give her a 7.5 or something along those lines. 

yep i don't see this album being as praised as norman:pout:

I'd like to be proved wrong tho

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Unpoppular opinion

Spoiler

as wordy as they are - Kintsugi is on its way to kick Fingertip's ass to be the head bitch in charge. And this song is the perfect example of how she should execute her "automatic singing/writing" method if she feels like invested in it in the future.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I'm scared of those who didn't like Fingertips,

Spoiler

I'd like them to tell me why. Is it because of the whispered voice a little bit?
But to balance it out, it's my favorite track on the entire album and perhaps one of Lana's best. The music keeps repeating the same melody in several verses and that makes us be absorbed in a way that getting lost in the music is a delight. I remember the first time I heard it, when I didn't know how to sing each part. It felt like I had entered a dream, you don't see time pass.
In addition, the lyrics are beautiful, sincere, it clearly sounds like an improvised song. Like Lana was speaking the words that were on her mind at that minute, and it's so beautiful. It makes the music sound even more heartfelt.

3 minutes ago, CVNTDELREY said:

Ajayll better come back…:trisha:

I want to see her be overwhelmed by Lana's greatness, Queen Mother and all :trisha:

I blame Gaga psychofans

Spoiler

Chromatica wasn't even that good

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Just now, terrenceszyou said:

Hide contents

I'd like them to tell me why. Is it because of the whispered voice a little bit?
But to balance it out, it's my favorite track on the entire album and perhaps one of Lana's best. The music keeps repeating the same melody in several verses and that makes us be absorbed in a way that getting lost in the music is a delight. I remember the first time I heard it, when I didn't know how to sing each part. It felt like I had entered a dream, you don't see time pass.
In addition, the lyrics are beautiful, sincere, it clearly sounds like an improvised song. Like Lana was speaking the words that were on her mind at that minute, and it's so beautiful. It makes the music sound even more heartfelt.

very beautifully said! i agree with every word :gclap:

20 minutes ago, Just Cherry said:

Anyone notice any other references? I haven’t listened to the album again or been in the thread since then. Trying to wait it out to listen again. 

well... this is the most Lizzy Grant album Lana has ever made since the major debut of her official career under "Lana Del Rey" :oprah3:

I just know this album is for my gurl @Surf Noir

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

44 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Any song that has the words "plastic" and "bag" in the lyrics is an instant skip in my book. Some of her worst lyrics.

Spoiler

okay you don't have to like them but you do need to respect them. She put her heart and soul into those lyrics, and they're probably her most personal lyrics to date. I just find it very disrespectful and insensitive that you are discrediting lyrics about su*cide, childhood trauma, etc. It's not easy to speak openly about those subjects, and calling those "some of her worst lyrics" is just so insulting. 

14 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I think Pitchfork will give her a 7.5 or something along those lines. 

I actually think it will be 8+ but not above 9, best new track is usually a good indicator on how an album will perform at pitchfork but we'll see in few days

6 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

Reveal hidden contents

I still don't like it  :w8ing:

3 minutes ago, Blossom said:
  Hide contents

okay you don't have to like them but you do need to respect them. She put her heart and soul into those lyrics, and they're probably her most personal lyrics to date. I just find it very disrespectful and insensitive that you are discrediting lyrics about su*cide, childhood trauma, etc. It's not easy to talk openly about those subjects, and calling those "some of her worst lyrics" is just so insulting. 

Spoiler

I write for a living, so I'll reserve my right to criticize someone's lyrics, thanks. Also, lyrics about suicide, childhood drama, etc, can be bad. 

And, frankly, I don't think she's "put her heart and soul into them." More like came up with them on the spot and sang into a voice note, which is exactly what they sound like. 

with A&W already got Pitchfork's Best New Track, i already expect a score from 7-8 from them for the album, Taco Truck can be another song that'll possibly get a Best New tag too.

but Video Games was "best new music" too back then yet Born To Die was still trashed by them. So lets just get your mental prepared for the worst. Especially considering the very weird, camp aspect of this album that i feel it might be a bit polarizing.

6 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

I actually think it will be 8+ but not above 9, best new track is usually a good indicator on how an album will perform at pitchfork but we'll see in few days

Here's hoping! 

Spoiler

Although, Born to Die had Video Games as Best Track and they still slammed it. And Lust for Life's Love was Best Track and they still gave it a 7.6. 

It really depends on who the reviewer is and how much they like the record as a whole. 

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

with A&W already got Pitchfork's Best New Track, i already expect a score from 7-8 from them for the album, Taco Truck can be another song that'll possibly get a Best New tag too.

but Video Games was "best new music" too back then yet Born To Die was still trashed by them. So lets just get your mental prepared for the worst. Especially considering the very weird, camp aspect of this album that i feel it might be a bit polarizing.

i don’t think it will get a best new music mark but i could definitely see a score of 8.0-8.1 on the better side of things

plus they’ve already given so many albums 8.2+ this year

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m not getting any lizzy vibes at all tbh 

She makes many references in lyrics to some of the A.K.A. songs. Besides that, the sultry way she sings, she annunciates remindsme about her Lizzy days (Especially Peppers).