Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

I think you can enjoy the album best if you grasp the melancholic mood, for example, in the middle part. It's again a very melancholic album with a lot of heartbreak, even if some tracks do not necessarily indicate that. It can evoke very intense feelings if you get involved. :bodyisready:

This is easily her most unmelodic work- I need to listen to more but this is either going to be panned(likely not because reviewers are scared of crazed fans) or heavily praised for not following what is considered good practice.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

This is easily her most unmelodic work- I need to listen to more but this is either going to be panned(likely not because reviewers are scared of crazed fans) or heavily praised for not following what is considered good practice.

unmelodic?! :tommy:

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

unmelodic?! :tommy:

Peppers, American & whore and taco truck don’t have standard melodies- they feature loud talking over samples, odd transitions and gaps where nothing is sung but you’d expect it to be.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Peppers, American & whore and taco track don’t have standard melodies- they feature loud talking over samples, odd transitions and gaps where nothing is sung but you’d expect it to be.

Spoiler

Peppers does have a weaker melody (it's more like talking then singing) and Fingertips is just meandering. But I wouldn't say it's her most "unmelodic" album. Paris, Texas, Grandfather, Ocean Boulevard, Let the Light, Taco Truck and even Sweet have beautiful melodies. Blue Banisters had weaker melodies but still had good reviews.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Peppers, American & whore and taco truck don’t have standard melodies- they feature loud talking over samples, odd transitions and gaps where nothing is sung but you’d expect it to be.

Not having standard melody =/= unmelodic

I will say, 

The stretch from Judah through Fingertips is going to be 

a lot for a casual listener to sit through, especially in the TikTok era. We already have fans(?) on here complaining about it, so.:. Yeah. Lana definitely put the album on Hard Mode for that stretch of tracks, haha.

42 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Hide contents

Cinnamon in your teeth – Candy Necklace (Cinnamon Girl)

I love to love you – Let The Light In (MTWBT)

Thanks! I haven’t listened to Candy Necklace yet! 

Spoiler

Love fingertips and kintsugi. I’m gonna fight anyone that said anything bad about it

I will not bc i’m not immature and I know that everyone have its own taste. But i love how lana is exploring ways to compose songs and to explore melodies (or lack of them)

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I respectfully disagree cause Taco Truck is probably the catchiest song on the album :icant:

Spoiler

The that's why they call me Lanita melody is stuck in my brain 24/7 :thumb2:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

:lmao: lord

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I respectfully disagree cause Taco Truck is probably the catchiest song on the album :icant:

Hide contents

The that's why they call me Lanita melody is stuck in my brain 24/7 :thumb2:

Spoiler

100%. Taco Truck is an epic melody serve from A to Z.. And it's got like 5 different melodies going for it, all of them great.