Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, bluedealer said:

Get used to it I guess because she starts the revolution of music industry for the next decade(s) :silly: Watch it be BTD2.0, even pitchfork changed their mind about it 10 years later

I mean who knows- she’s definitely progressing to the point she may start incorporating more experimental structures into her work- it’s very different to how someone like poppy would do it, that’s for sure.

If you don't understand what a melody is, maybe you should stop running your mouth? Just a thought :ma:

Rockefeller, my umbrella...:ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, birds of paradise said:

out of curiosity if you had to associate ocean Blvd the album with one season (like lfl is obv summer and bb is fall) which one would it be?

its gives august/september vibes so late summer

Anyway, my first impression is that the album is incredible front-to-back. I'm holding back on repeat plays until then (trying to, anyway) and I'm saving Candy Necklace for the listening party, so I haven't fully digested it all yet. Super excited for this week and can't wait for the reactions from our youtube favs  Manifesting the return of AjayII :flutter:

Does anyone have thoughts about the meaning of 

Spoiler

"If your love is in trouble" in the context of Margaret? I feel like it doesn't totally fit thematically but maybe I'm missing something or it's just another automatic singing-type moment. Or are they saying "If your love isn't trouble?" idk

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

can't say anything about peppers or taco truck before listening to them but a&w EASILY has one of her best melodies, the first part could be bare piano and i would eat it up because the melody does all the work (something i cannot say for songs like beautiful or violets for roses, per example). just because a song doesn't follow your standard 3-minute tune structure doesn't mean that it's not good, quite the opposite atleast with miss american whore 

I’m not hating I actually find it interesting-particularly peppers I find jarring as I hate the track and love it for the first time, very rare for me to feel that way about anything

1 minute ago, birds of paradise said:

out of curiosity if you had to associate ocean Blvd the album with one season (like lfl is obv summer and bb is fall) which one would it be?

I think this is going to be a summer album for me! But COCC is a winter album to me and I don’t think that’s a popular opinion so don’t take me seriously :yesnod:

Spoiler

i love more available, light-hearted songs, but i also love when music demands a certain level of attention and thinking to fully understand it. dig deeper into the lyrics, fully process them, the feelings and emotions words and music convey, listen to the songs multiple times. you really have to feel the poetry and the melodies in your bones :crai:

I dont know if it’s my favorite album, but it’s her most innovative and have some of her best lyrics.

About the melodies (or lack of, as some of you are claiming): she still managed to work with it. It’s a tough work and she did it, and that’s innovative even for an alt-pop singer. She’s pushing boundaries.

is it perfect? Idk, that’s personal. Maybe she’ll work with it in different ways– and I’m excited to see

2 minutes ago, LetTheLightln said:
  Hide contents

i love more available, light-hearted songs, but i also love when music demands a certain level of attention and thinking to fully understand it. dig deeper into the lyrics, fully process them, the feelings and emotions words and music convey, listen to the songs multiple times. you really have to feel the poetry and the melodies in your bones :crai:

Same, and I'm so grateful this album has both! We truly won

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

Not ATRL having a breakdown over the word unmelodic when I mentioned those 3 tracks in particular- there are discordant elements in those songs which is often deemed unmelodic- I hope the reviewers don’t get bombarded for using basic words lmao 

43 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

I write for a living, so I'll reserve my right to criticize someone's lyrics, thanks. Also, lyrics about suicide, childhood drama, etc, can be bad. 

And, frankly, I don't think she's "put her heart and soul into them." More like came up with them on the spot and sang into a voice note, which is exactly what they sound like. 

so what ur telling me is that @barttttenderis a pseudonym for Colleen Hoover? 

You guys are referring to “catchiness” 

Spoiler

Her melodies in this album are less catchy and more free flowy and spontaneous, which is not a negative thing. Is just a different style.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America