Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Which song do u guys think has the best melody in the album :thirst: notice how I’m saying “melody” not the song in general :awkney:

Spoiler

In my opinion the best melodies are Sweet & Paris Texas! I know especially PT has a unique melody but I’m obsessed with itttt

oh yes and let the light in is an ear worm 

just listened to candy necklace and 

Spoiler

the melody is absolutely stunning, the lyrics are heartbreaking and i love how her voice goes to a lower register when she starts to repeat “candy necklaces” in the end. i love jon’s voice and their voices quite literally melt together, i’m OBSESSED. i really, really like this song!!!

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg I finally noticed

Hide contents

WIPEOUT!

Spoiler

This and surfs up in AW are some of my favorite little background items lol. 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The end of this album is so fascinating

Hide contents

Like obviously she knew Taco Truck was a serve but she chose to only give us one verse, tell us that she's still violent, say that she knows we hate her, and then slip into a nightmare version of one of her most iconic songs by totally inverting the feeling that the original evokes. I feel she really came for blood with this ending after an album that was largely full of light and it makes me beyond curious where she goes next

Can I just say I love all your album thoughts, even when we don’t love the same songs your reviews are so thoughtful and I almost feel swayed by them 😂

2 minutes ago, emliqua said:

In my opinion the best melodies are Sweet & Paris Texas! I know especially PT has a unique melody but I’m obsessed with itttt

oh yes and let the light in is an ear worm 

Spoiler

The pre-chorus of candy necklace or the end of verse 3 of A&W really stick out.

And Candy Necklace aint even really recency bias because it’s not my favorite from the album, just can’t deny that melody is gorgeous.

22 hours ago, 13beachess said:

UNTIL NOT ONLY OCEAN BLVD BUT ALSO THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF LDR10 AHHHhhh :trisha:

HUH??? LDR10??? 

21 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:
  Hide contents

would’ve been the scrapped screamo song but i feel like the closest one would be peppers or jon batiste 

wait what's that song? like which song are you referencing that was scrapped

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

remember when lanita said she was angry in this album and there's a lot of screaming? are we surprised she lied again? :crossed:

Spoiler

unless she considers lake placid screaming :toofloppy: 

4 minutes ago, emliqua said:

Can I just say I love all your album thoughts, even when we don’t love the same songs your reviews are so thoughtful and I almost feel swayed by them 😂

thank you!! :trisha::kiss: 

1 minute ago, Tamagotchi said:

remember when lanita said she was angry in this album and there's a lot of screaming? are we surprised she lied again? :crossed:

Reveal hidden contents

unless she considers lake placid screaming :toofloppy: 

I don't remember her saying that but there are screams on at least 3 songs :hottie:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif