Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, hotshot2am said:

She never said anything about screaming from what I remember.

oh she definitely did, I just can't remember when she said it. everyone thought we're getting a uv 2.0 for a while

Spoiler

I cant wait to here these songs in lossless/Dolby atmos on apple music:crying5: I barely even believe these versions are hq they lowkey sound like shit

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i remember she said some songs come from an angry place like fingertips, she was especially mentioning this one about it. but never heard anything about any screams 

I keep trying not to overplay the album until it's released, but the songs are so stuck in my brain already... 

I keep singing and humming the melodies every 5 minutes, this is just such a good album :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, Tamagotchi said:

oh she definitely did, I just can't remember when she said it. everyone thought we're getting a uv 2.0 for a while

I think you're confused tho 

She said that when she dropped the Rock Candy Sweet post, alongside those Harper's Bazaar stories.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Tamagotchi said:

i don't think so - but in a scrapped track (that got replaced with candy necklace) she was screaming in the chorus apparently

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

I think you're confused tho 

She said that when she dropped the Rock Candy Sweet post, alongside that Harper's Bazaar stories.

wouldn't be the first time I'm imagining things :toofloppy: she really didn't mention shouting or screaming in the new album?

v random but the imagery etc. that each song evokes in my mind <33

Spoiler

the grants: def the mountains but in the springtime when they have very vibrant earthy tones, greens n greys n browns // fluffy clouds.. i think that comes from the Heaven mention <33  makes me think of old family photographs too n overall the song is baby blue&yellow to me

ocean blvd: winter time, a walk while it's snowing maybe along a body of water but not one that's frozen over, abandoned/empty places..like the tunnel duh!!! this song is foggy to me, grey-black

sweet: a lush forrest full of flowers & wildlife,,, lilies of the valley n moss especially. TINKERBELL!!!! very much a 'cottage-core' aesthetic. berry picking. the color would be grassy greens n light pinks. 

a&w: the interview mag shoot, kind of buffalo 66 vibes, makeup all over a bathroom counter, lots of flashing lights at the second part ...... violet

candy necklace: driving in the rain in NYC, watching tv in a hotel room on the highway, the pastel colors that you see in candy necklaces&sunrises but also drugs/pills

kintsugi: </3, a hospital bed, an IV, God, a kintsugi vase, snowy alps, those old illustrations of like frogs n mice playing instruments (I'm sorry IK this is so silly) family heirlooms!! rays from the sky. the color is of course the most healing gold.

fingertips: filled out diaries, medical textbooks & towards the very end it gets so ethereal, i can see the ocean n like those rococo nymph/siren paintings, the color is a navy blue

paris texas: constellations at night, daisies blowing in the wind, tiptoeing?, a train ride through the country-side, someone in the 1950s mailing a letter almost like out of an old film ... lavender hues.... this song is SO mystical n nostalgic.

grandfather: sunbeams in the warm summertime, the wavy sea ofc, sailboats, drinks with a little umbrella in them & obviously butterflies!!! the color is ivory

let the light in: driving in the dark, 24/7 diners, record players, see-thru/lacey clothing,,,, it's like a glittery black , black w sparkles in it.

margaret: a ballroom!!!! notes to classical music, pearls n diamonds .. like fine china but happy, silk gloves to go with your dress ,,,, an elegant red

fishtail: outdoor pools, disco balls, palm trees (in black n white, i see in technicolor)

peppers: honestly unsure here but towards the end def 1960s girlies at the beach. vibrant pepper/cherry reds.

taco truck: carlitos way dancing scene!!! cant get it out of my mind as she sings "blood on my feet on the street, im dancing crazy" ,,, los angeles in the afternoon, HOT PINK.

some were way easier to do than others but yeah:heart:

8 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

I need to know more info about that little talking part in TT right before VB comes in. Is it Chuck? Lana? Trisha? Is it from a movie? Lol

Spoiler

I don't know but I love it so much :true:

Just now, burthday kake said:

Hide contents

the grants: def the mountains but in the springtime when they have very vibrant earthy tones, greens n greys n browns // fluffy clouds.. i think that comes from the Heaven mention <33  makes me think of old family photographs too n overall the song is baby blue&yellow to me

ocean blvd: winter time, a walk while it's snowing maybe along a body of water but not one that's frozen over, abandoned/empty places..like the tunnel duh!!! this song is foggy to me, grey-black

sweet: a lush forrest full of flowers & wildlife,,, lilies of the valley n moss especially. TINKERBELL!!!! very much a 'cottage-core' aesthetic. berry picking. the color would be grassy greens n light pinks. 

a&w: the interview mag shoot, kind of buffalo 66 vibes, makeup all over a bathroom counter, lots of flashing lights at the second part ...... violet

candy necklace: driving in the rain in NYC, watching tv in a hotel room on the highway, the pastel colors that you see in candy necklaces&sunrises but also drugs/pills

kintsugi: </3, a hospital bed, an IV, God, a kintsugi vase, snowy alps, those old illustrations of like frogs n mice playing instruments (I'm sorry IK this is so silly) family heirlooms!! rays from the sky. the color is of course the most healing gold.

fingertips: filled out diaries, medical textbooks & towards the very end it gets so ethereal, i can see the ocean n like those rococo nymph/siren paintings, the color is a navy blue

paris texas: constellations at night, daisies blowing in the wind, tiptoeing?, a train ride through the country-side, someone in the 1950s mailing a letter almost like out of an old film ... lavender hues

grandfather: sunbeams in the warm summertime, the wavy sea ofc, sailboats, drinks with a little umbrella in them & obviously butterflies!!! the color is ivory

let the light in: driving in the dark, 24/7 diners, record players, see-thru/lacey clothing,,,, it's like a glittery black , black w sparkles in it.

margaret: a ballroom!!!! notes to classical music, pearls n diamonds .. like fine china but happy, silk gloves to go with your dress ,,,, an elegant red

fishtail: outdoor pools, disco balls, palm trees (in black n white, i see in technicolor)

peppers: honestly unsure here but towards the end def 1960s girlies at the beach. vibrant pepper/cherry reds.

taco truck: carlitos way dancing scene!!! cant get it out of my mind as she sings "blood on my feet on the street, im dancing crazy" ,,, los angeles in the afternoon, HOT PINK.

THESE ARE ALL SO SPOT ON???

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

I cant wait to here these songs in lossless/Dolby atmos on apple music:crying5: I barely even believe these versions are hq they lowkey sound like shit

is it getting dolby atmos for sure?

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Reveal hidden contents

paris texas: constellations at night, daisies blowing in the wind, tiptoeing?, a train ride through the country-side, someone in the 1950s mailing a letter almost like out of an old film ... lavender hues.... this song is SO mystical n nostalgic.

i LOVE ur mind, this is so precise and accurate

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I keep trying not to overplay the album until it's released, but the songs are so stuck in my brain already... 

I keep singing and humming the melodies every 5 minutes, this is just such a good album :toofunny:

Same. Trying to not listen again till Friday. Today I was not successful. Tomorrow may be better lol.  

I think we can all agree Lana takes out her anger in a different way like

Spoiler

in Fingertips she sings about very traumatic and angry parts of her past but does it in a very delicate and poetic way. This just may be her way of letting her anger out. Not necessarily screaming her head off with guitars and drums in the background like we were expecting like on Dealer or Black Bathing Suit (not that she was screaming much in that song but you catch my drift). It’s more about the lyrics than the world building like she said in the interview! At least that’s how I see it.

personally not feeling overly guilty for listening to the songs on repeat bc i know i will literally be streaming this album from its release until the end of my life lol 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da