Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, drugmunny said:

personally not feeling overly guilty for listening to the songs on repeat bc i know i will literally be streaming this album from its release until the end of my life lol 

Exactly :true:

12 minutes ago, Tamagotchi said:

wouldn't be the first time I'm imagining things :toofloppy: she really didn't mention shouting or screaming in the new album?

I don't think so. As I said, you might be think of RCS. She did say there were angry songs and her being unapologetically her and whatnot.

Apart from Fingertips, Kintsugi and Margaret, I don't remember her talking abt this record that much :true:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

v random but the imagery etc. that each song evokes in my mind <33

Hide contents

the grants: def the mountains but in the springtime when they have very vibrant earthy tones, greens n greys n browns // fluffy clouds.. i think that comes from the Heaven mention <33  makes me think of old family photographs too n overall the song is baby blue&yellow to me

ocean blvd: winter time, a walk while it's snowing maybe along a body of water but not one that's frozen over, abandoned/empty places..like the tunnel duh!!! this song is foggy to me, grey-black

sweet: a lush forrest full of flowers & wildlife,,, lilies of the valley n moss especially. TINKERBELL!!!! very much a 'cottage-core' aesthetic. berry picking. the color would be grassy greens n light pinks. 

a&w: the interview mag shoot, kind of buffalo 66 vibes, makeup all over a bathroom counter, lots of flashing lights at the second part ...... violet

candy necklace: driving in the rain in NYC, watching tv in a hotel room on the highway, the pastel colors that you see in candy necklaces&sunrises but also drugs/pills

kintsugi: </3, a hospital bed, an IV, God, a kintsugi vase, snowy alps, those old illustrations of like frogs n mice playing instruments (I'm sorry IK this is so silly) family heirlooms!! rays from the sky. the color is of course the most healing gold.

fingertips: filled out diaries, medical textbooks & towards the very end it gets so ethereal, i can see the ocean n like those rococo nymph/siren paintings, the color is a navy blue

paris texas: constellations at night, daisies blowing in the wind, tiptoeing?, a train ride through the country-side, someone in the 1950s mailing a letter almost like out of an old film ... lavender hues.... this song is SO mystical n nostalgic.

grandfather: sunbeams in the warm summertime, the wavy sea ofc, sailboats, drinks with a little umbrella in them & obviously butterflies!!! the color is ivory

let the light in: driving in the dark, 24/7 diners, record players, see-thru/lacey clothing,,,, it's like a glittery black , black w sparkles in it.

margaret: a ballroom!!!! notes to classical music, pearls n diamonds .. like fine china but happy, silk gloves to go with your dress ,,,, an elegant red

fishtail: outdoor pools, disco balls, palm trees (in black n white, i see in technicolor)

peppers: honestly unsure here but towards the end def 1960s girlies at the beach. vibrant pepper/cherry reds.

taco truck: carlitos way dancing scene!!! cant get it out of my mind as she sings "blood on my feet on the street, im dancing crazy" ,,, los angeles in the afternoon, HOT PINK.

some were way easier to do than others but yeah:heart:

doing this but I heard like 5 songs

Spoiler

The Grants: A wide field… There is a lot of grass and doves… An empty dining table and orange clouds 

Ocean Blvd: Of course the tunnel, fog, a gospel concert, and a cassette player

Sweet: Color pink. Sugar. A high mountain and a wedding dress 

A&W: First part is a velveteen sofa and a recording studio. The second is like that stage of getting high when you can recognize every sound and everything is so loud

Judah: A church. Dracula. A camcorder

Fingertips: An old diary under an old nightstand. B&W. Old Hollywood

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

I don't think so. As I said, you might be think of RCS. She did say there were angry songs and her being unapologetically her and whatnot.

Apart from Fingertips, Kintsugi and Margaret, I don't remember her talking abt this record that much :true:

that makes sense. I guess my remaining braincell decided to abandon me :rip:

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Didn’t some leaker say Let the Light In sounds like religion or did I hallucinate that? 

Yeah. I think people need to stop comparing her new songs to her older songs because most of y'all gotta be straight up deaf with some of these comparisons:um:

20 minutes ago, Tamagotchi said:

remember when lanita said she was angry in this album and there's a lot of screaming? are we surprised she lied again? :crossed:

Hide contents

unless she considers lake placid screaming :toofloppy: 

Maybe at the time she was knee deep in that discarded track that @Kintsugi discussed...

"Initially, there was another song recorded for the album that got replaced by Candy Necklace. It fits right between these two interludes because of it's wild and unhinged nature. Candy Necklace is way more accessible which is why they decided to switch these songs. I guess the former song will be used in the future but I wouldn't count on it too much, she's screaming in the chorus and the lyrics are almost inaudible."

This album is so great, I just don’t think the track listing works in its favor 

The middle portion kind loses steam with Kintsugi and Fingertips despite how much I like them. They would fit better somewhere else on the album methinks

5 minutes ago, DZKSLEFTNUT said:

Yeah. I think people need to stop comparing her new songs to her older songs because most of y'all gotta be straight up deaf with some of these comparisons:um:

Spoiler

If anything, Let The Light In sounds like a happier, fuller, and warmer version of Tomorrow Never Came

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, Morningcrow said:

Maybe at the time she was knee deep in that discarded track that @Kintsugi discussed...

"Initially, there was another song recorded for the album that got replaced by Candy Necklace. It fits right between these two interludes because of it's wild and unhinged nature. Candy Necklace is way more accessible which is why they decided to switch these songs. I guess the former song will be used in the future but I wouldn't count on it too much, she's screaming in the chorus and the lyrics are almost inaudible."

someone should leak it :w8ing:

Spoiler

@DCooper i love the description of taco truck as a “nightmare venice bitch” because that is exactly what it feels like😭 the whole album feels eerie tbh and it really makes me wonder where she’s headed for the next one

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

After a few plays, I would say that the album is basically about Lana's struggle against her inner demons. :crying4:

Spoiler

It feels like her diary where she writes about her struggles and hopes for future,so amazing and beautiful :krylie:

4 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

hoping it leaks so I can get rid of one of the interludes

and also for giving me Margaret