Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

warned era again:cryney2: 1 more warning and im deleting my account:bebe:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

4 minutes ago, CVNTDELREY said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, but her vocals MAKE ME CRY every time I listen :icant: and I love the fact she added more instruments 

I love Amelie and I think this song fits perfectly with the movie :trisha:

Spoiler

True! Love that movie too!

Unfortunately have a problem with covers and heavy samples in albums... I can't like tracks like this more than others since they're not original, but i get what you say 

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

itll be midnight in your country

i don’t remember the last time she did worldwide

im from England, but I put LA cause im a liar x 

but if its midnight in America I assume 5-6am for us

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

3 minutes ago, blvd said:

im from England, but I put LA cause im a liar x 

but if its midnight in America I assume 5-6am for us

i’m england too and it im sure it will be friday at midnight in each country so midnight for us too

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

What the fuck do the lyrics in candy necklace mean

Spoiler

candy necklace = lines of coke

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ i’m the sweetest girl in town, so, why are you so mean?  ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

4 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i’m england too and it im sure it will be friday at midnight in each country so midnight for us too

yay

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

ever since the album leak (which i've somehow managed to not listen to) i've been desperately trying to catch up on the thread but everytime i'm gone for a couple of hours there's like 30 new pages:trisha:

needless to say i'm finally caught up with a newfound hype!! (especially since the track i claimed months ago was candy necklace:party:)

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

Spoiler
On 1/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, honeybadger said:

just another hint that this will be her most lizzy-esque album since AKA/pieces of BTD... the disco references + the trailer park + the random callbacks + the del taco ruby tuesday 7/11 diet mtn dew energy, plus the oceanic imagery, it's so mermaid motel kill kill the ocean trailer park coney island baby of her!!

:true:

On 1/9/2023 at 4:56 PM, honeybadger said:

Reasons Why the Sample Could Be Disco: *edit: or there could be many many lizzy references*

tulla-luana-web-diva.gif

a) she posted a video with disco in it a while ago (2017) .... she also did that with cherry blossom, and cherry blossom was eventually released. disco could be another one of her favorite tracks that she's made, and she's already shared it in one form, so it's possible she'll want to release it or sample it because she loves it

b) there's also the "made me feel like a god" line in white dress which is similar to "i am my only god", another (smaller, perhaps coincidental) callback to disco

d) lana posted on honeymoon with the caption "#IJustDon'tCareeeeeee" which is a line from disco (also the only line that she sung in the 2017 video... it could be her favorite line! if she samples a lyric or the melody it could be that one)

37RoDMY.png

c) kaiman kazazian (who styled her!! and did the illustrations) posted part of an old video of lizzy singing disco (this one) to her story the same day lana made her "U can take ‘em out of the trailer park but…." post

e) she was going through old photos, posted a photo of her in a scarface sweatshirt, etc etc all around the same time as her trailer park girl post in september. these are all very ~lizzy grant~ activities and if she WAS filming something around that time and it WAS related to disco/the song she samples disco in... it makes sense that she'd revisit her lizzy days!

f) she posted the ASCAP news clipping from the lizzy show where she met ben, which is just a nice little memory, but she didn't post anything for BTD 10th anniversary so like i don't think she's good at remembering anniversaries unless they're on her mind and why was this one in particular on her mind? because she was revisiting old shows and lizzy things!!!!!!! to prepare for releasing a song that samples disco/releasing disco!!!

Reveal hidden contents

it could also be a different lizzy song:

kaiman commented this the trailer park post

WG7bCyh.png

yes im crazy and yes to me this is a pawn shop blues reference, cuties are a kind of orange and then the orange emoji... bread and oranges!!!! and chuck posted that video they made to pawn shop blues a while ago!!!!

you may be saying, but honeybadger, there's no writers credited for disco! and to that i say lana could've very well written that song all by herself, just as she did with many of her laptop demos and songs around that time, and therefore doesn't need to credit anybody for the writing whether she's sampling lyrics, melody, etc. i don't think she would have to credit anybody besides herself

and now i am done. phone-tulla.gif

socRPXF.png

AND I WAS RIGHT

Spoiler

there are so many explicit lizzy grant references in the lyrics and everything and also just discussion of her childhood and pre BTD and her life and tiwmug and other references ... i was wrong about disco being sampled but i was IN GENERAL right .. KIND OF!!!!pepita.gif

sUcVobB.png

something album this album to me feels so

Spoiler

nostalgic? i'm not really sure what it is and maybe i'm alone in feeling that way. but this is the first time i've listened to a lana album and felt true nostalgia. guess the album just hit me harder than i expected. :wowcry:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

She's on another level! Lana is writing songs like nobody else, and I truly believe that she will be very acllaimed with this record. The lyrics are cohesive and there's a strong sense of genuineness. It's an album that feels like a personal confession, and I wish more people could appreciate the artist's intimacy. Fingertips is her Magnum Opus. It is unbelievable how she can transpose all her feelings into one song, and the rawness and lack of filter makes everything even more magical and unique. She's woven her life story into poetry and song. With each passing year, she has solidified her reputation as one of the most authentic, imaginative, and relatable artists in the music industry. She's a true powerhouse, a singer who has undeniably achieved legendary status by this point.