Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Oh please, reviews are all just a game. They're paid for/exchanged for things, and Lana doesn't play that shit. 

Spoiler

For better or worse, Pitchfork is the only one that isn't like that--but they have a heavy bias for certain types of music and artists. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

On a positive note, NME calling it masterful still is a rather really thing, basically saying she’s consistent in being incredible. 
Most artists get trashed from playing it safe, but Lana definitely does otherwise, since the composition of the album is rather risky 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

a few 90s have to be given out though

She should announce a tour, because then all these editors will be scrambling for free tickets and exclusive interview access and try and get in her good graces :true:

3 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

who tf cares if it has 80s/70s 💀💀 thats pretty good tbh

yea but once we secure like at least 2-3 90s then ik we're in the clear

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

i can't believe the guardian reviewer called honeymoon "glacially paced"  :deadbanana:  the reviewer also called BB her best album like.. i can't believe someone can hear BB and OB and think BB is objectively better as an album 

29 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i can't believe the guardian reviewer called honeymoon "glacially paced"  :deadbanana:  the reviewer also called BB her best album like..

He was closeted for too long and still tries to be hetero-conforming, that's the only explanation. 

23 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Why are all these reviews randomly coming out?!?!

The Guardian - 4/5

NME - 4/5

Mojo - 4/5

Rolling Stone UK - 4/5

DIY - 7/10

The Line of Best Fit - 7/10

I’m wondering as well. I think maybe they are arriving before album release to try and build hype for release week. Maybe her team planned it this way.  

okay i think i need to log off this thread for the next couple of days so i don’t get spoiled anymore. i love being on here but its so tempting to read everyone’s thoughts. and i really want to go into this album blind (or as blind as is now possible). 

giphy.gif

I still think she might get a best new music from pitchfork. We will see soon, though. I (out of boredom) relentlessly browse album of the year, and I tend to find the first scores for a big new release trend down the middle, maybe a little lukewarm, and then on release the score jumps up significantly, most glowing reviews seem to come out then. 

the critics absolutely mind fucked after listening to the album :ma::ma::ma: 

"...times when it feels as though she crosses the line into parody" this single line just makes the album a 11/10 for me. GET THEM CRITICS LANITA !!!!!

Among those early reviews the majority is positive so that’s a good sign, but we need more rave reviews with different scoring because so far we’re slightly below 80/100

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif