Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I’m giving this album a 79 :heart:

Spoiler

I truly believed we were on the precipice of witnessing the AOTY and the complete reintegration of signature LDR artistry after A&W was released… but after hearing the album I’m just really let down at the amount of piano. I know it’s always been a part of Lana’s music, and I know this is “a different producer(s), therefore a different style of piano et cetera at cetera” but honestly it just feels like a deliberate choice at this point in her career. Not saying something like Candy Necklace doesn’t rock me sideways… but as for the songs that are legit just Lana free styling over a beat she “sampled”… it’s hard to really get into it and idk why. I’m honestly disappointed I’m not more rocked by this album :whatever2: but hopefully I just need to spend more time with it and actually listen to a good FLAC rip because her mastering and mixing is really only for music snobs atp 

Just now, Furor Poeticus said:

Venice Bitch got best new music on Pitchfork so they could easily give that to Taco as well post-release :usrs:

Do they give that for album tracks or just for official singles? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I feel like the actual write ups are pretty amazing praise, but the actual rating isn’t as good? 

Yeah 4/5 or 80/100 basically means a very good album we just need more reviews with a different scale 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

We knew the pastor interlude was going to raise some eyebrows. Lol. Overall the reviews read well even if the standard 4/5 is lukewarm to what was expected. Honestly she said it herself, she is divisive. I’m not surprised we are getting some mixed reviews.  

Either way think it is interesting the reviews are coming out SOOOO early and also find it interesting that each review has different tracks listed as highlights with exception of Margaret, seems that is a universal like critic wise. No surprise, they love Jack. It’s a cute song but not a highlight for me personally. 

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I feel like the actual write ups are pretty amazing praise, but the actual rating isn’t as good? 

Same!

1 minute ago, Mer said:

Do they give that for album tracks or just for official singles? 

Sometimes they give it to album tracks. It’s actually not that rare so there’s hope 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif