Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is a good point, I feel like reviewers should be required to have at least 3 undistracted listens before they're qualified to review :oprah3:

They should be required to

Spoiler

DROP ACID! in LAKE PLACID! before they listen 

13 minutes ago, drewby said:

It really is funny no review mentions Candy Necklace... then again it's the weakest/least interesting song so maybe it deserves :oic2:

What if they actually received the version without CN…

4 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:

I think doing a tv performance and having at least one music video wouldve bumped up this entire era so much for critics and fans. It still feels kind of incomplete. But I mean hey the records not out yet, there’s still time for something cool to happen. 

all the reviews going up once she surprise drops a visual album on release day:whitney: 

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

How do we know a 4 star is not a 90 or 85?

Anyway for me the album is a solid 70/75.

I know y'all will hate me for this 😔 

I also noticed that no-one mentions in the review that Paris is sample based song... 🫨

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

What if they actually received the version without CN…

they were actually listening to the l3aksssss :slayty:

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

The critical reception feels a little underwhelming given how acclaimed the three singles are. The record isn't nearly as agreeable as NFR, so I didn't expect it to top the latter's reviews. Anyway, this *is* getting very good reviews in general - at least by the trades and magazines that actually matter (MOJO, Rolling Stone UK, The Guardian, NME) -, but it'll be absolutely ridiculous if the album ends up with a Metascore similar to COCC or BB's.

At least The Guardian gave Lana a good score for the first time in years. 

Similar or under COCC or BB's 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is a good point, I feel like reviewers should be required to have at least 3 undistracted listens before they're qualified to review :oprah3:

According to far out mag the UK critics were all taken to a room by UMG and forced to sit and listen 😍

mUENGN9.png

I really like this album but idk why you guys were expecting 100s across the board, it has a lot of aspects about it that aren’t very critic friendly and we’ve known this lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Let’s not forget that the only time critics got Lana right was NFR. Cocc and BB (and to a lesser extent LFL) were heavily overrated while HM was tanked. I would have loved for OB to receive critical acclaim but it is what it is. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

ROSEMEAD EXCLUSIVE BABY 6/5 :beyonce:

yeah they were like "oh my god wow rosemead exclusive baby is really something... so deep oh my god" :wowcry: anywaysssssss 80/100

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

at the end of the day the critical reception is pretty pointless, like the only review that should matter or gauge any reaction out of us is our own😭

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .