Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

According to far out mag the UK critics were all taken to a room by UMG and forced to sit and listen 😍

They should have thrown away the key until they committed to at least 90/100 :godlaugh:

Also 80/100 or 4/5 is literally a good review dont act like it’s getting panned because it’s not getting 5/5:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

these reviews are triggering me man… cause i know damn well these critics did not sit and actually take time to listen, and RELISTEN to the music. instead their publications are probably rushing them to push out the “first” review to gain $$$ - so of course they’re skipping over the narratives. 

Half-assing their work i swear. 

Just now, taco truck said:

Also 80/100 or 4/5 is literally a good review dont act like it’s getting panned because it’s not getting 5/5:bebe:

It'd be a joke if it receives a lower score than BB:pout:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

From the Far Out review “I’m waiting to be taken to the listening room. Universal Music don’t want Lana Del Rey’s latest album, Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, to leak, so all the music writers in London have been summoned to UMG headquarters to listen, take notes and nibble free peanuts.” So yeah I’m guessing they all listened to it once. 

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

It'd be a joke if it receives a lower score than BB:pout:

BB only got good reviews because of critics who are scared of fans imo… no way it deserved more than 7.5

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

Thanks a lot!

A.V. Club

Albumism

AllMusic

American Songwriter

Angry Metal Guy

Arts Desk

Beats Per Minute

Clash

Classic Rock

Crack Magazine

Distorted Sound

Dork

Entertainment Weekly

Evening Standard

Exclaim

The Forty Five

Gigwise

The Independent

The Irish Times

Kerrang!

Loud and Quiet

Metal Hammer

MusicOMH

The Needle Drop

Northern Transmissions

The Observer

Pitchfork

PopMatters

Q Magazine

Record Collector

RIOT

The Skinny

Slant Magazine

Spectrum Culture

SputnikMusic

Spill Magazine

Telegraph

Under The Radar

Uncut

Upset

The Young Folk

These are all the critic reviewers that go in consideration for aoty.org most are the same for metacritic some not.

And sorry for the extra long post.

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

From the Far Out review “I’m waiting to be taken to the listening room. Universal Music don’t want Lana Del Rey’s latest album, Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, to leak, so all the music writers in London have been summoned to UMG headquarters to listen, take notes and nibble free peanuts.” So yeah I’m guessing they all listened to it once. 

How can you write a proper review after ONE listen? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I know that MC does not average the scores but rather weights them, can someone do the calculations to see what the actual score would be?

A magnum opus of reincarnation and revisitation - as heard once

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Far Out Review: "Suddenly we’re being sucker-punched by ‘Candy Necklace’, an infectious slice of road-ready glitch-pop, which in turn gives way to the refreshingly experimental ‘Jon Batiste Interlude’, a solo piano track built on found sound from a broadway theatre performance, over which audience members’ comments and critiques are only just audible."

lol what

:eartha2::tommy:

"A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review. There are drinks and snacks; the crunchy kind, to be chomped on during the masterpiece."

okay but now i need to know exactly what they were eating when they listened to this masterpiece cuz if i was given shitty snacks i'd give a poor review too!

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .