Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

someone said it hits different to have an actual pianist compose lana’s music and that’s so true. compare drew and jack’s piano songs on bb/nfr to this haunting masterpiece made by jon, it sounds way more interesting instead of just basic chords. it proves that piano isn’t inherently boring. 

candy necklace really exceeded my expectations, it’s incredible and one of my favorite lana songs of all time. just wow she really shines in dark songs like this. wow wow chills. a standout track for sure. 

(also i’m glad jon only barely sung at the end lol i’m not a fan of collabs i only wanna hear my girl)

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Spoiler

First listen ranking (excluding singles and interludes) 

1. Fishtail
  2. Grandfather
  3. Taco Truck x VB
  4. Let The Light In
  5. Margaret
  6. Peppers 
  7. Paris, Texas 
  8. Fingertips
  9. Sweet 
  10. Kintsugi 
  11. Candy Necklace 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

"People go to the toilet missing entire tracks, twiddle thumbs, scribble notes. We listen once, and leave to give it a rating and comment on its merit."

and i wonder why they're not giving it 5/5s...

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Far Out Review: "Suddenly we’re being sucker-punched by ‘Candy Necklace’, an infectious slice of road-ready glitch-pop, which in turn gives way to the refreshingly experimental ‘Jon Batiste Interlude’, a solo piano track built on found sound from a broadway theatre performance, over which audience members’ comments and critiques are only just audible."

lol what

:eartha2::tommy:

candy necklace glitch pop?? where :raven:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

They were only allowed to listen to it once and some people went to the toilet and missed tracks? What??

I just listened to the album for the first time front to back just now, and I've been holding my pee in the whole time :ahh:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

"People go to the toilet missing entire tracks, twiddle thumbs, scribble notes. We listen once, and leave to give it a rating and comment on its merit."

and i wonder why they're not giving it 5/5s...

So that’s why some reviews don’t mention Candy Necklace. They did a toilet break at Judah Smith Interlude :toofunny:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Gigwise calling out other critics for leaving the room and missing whole tracks during the listening and saying that Lana should hate critics more :omfg2:

Honestly that is iconic behaviour and we stan :true:

4 minutes ago, LanaCharts said:

There’s no way UMG/Interscope/Polydor lifted the review embargo too early if the reviews are gonna be bad, her 100s are coming 

Let's hope! Gigwise giving it a 100 is a good sign