Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

You’re telling me that Lana, now experimenting with glitch pop, created a song of this genre that no other review thought was worth mentioning as such? Except this one unhinged publication?

idk this publication is giving Empire of Lounge to me:bebe:

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

You’re telling me that Lana, now experimenting with glitch pop, created a song of this genre that no other review thought was worth mentioning as such? Except this one unhinged publication?

This is a good point. But, it's also very odd that Candy Necklace, a song sandwiched between two interludes that are discussed quite a bit, was simply not mentioned at all. Not even in passing. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

4 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

-Fuck it I love You (some vinyl had the early version)

all 1st press cds and lps have it. there's a 2nd press of the lp from 2020 that has the same version as streaming and i believe europe got a cd repress late 2019 with the streaming version. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Something like this i think? 

Not my favorite twigs song omg I need candy necklace glitch pop NOW

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

Not my favorite twigs song omg I need candy necklace glitch pop NOW

Spoiler

this sounds NOTHING like the CN I heard so don't get your hopes all that high 

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

This is a good point. But, it's also very odd that Candy Necklace, a song sandwiched between two interludes that are discussed quite a bit, was simply not mentioned at all. Not even in passing. 

Yeah it’s very odd… maybe they all heard the song that was supposed to be in its place then they were told not to mention or review that song as it got swapped for something else? And that weird magazine didn’t get memo 

Just now, Mer said:

Hide contents

this sounds NOTHING like the CN I heard so don't get your hopes all that high 

Spoiler

No I heard candy necklace😭 I love it so much but I’m just saying I hope the “glitch pop” version sounds like mirrored heart

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Yeah it’s very odd… 

Just to play devil's advocate, if they heard the version of CN we heard, they might've said 

Spoiler

"in between the two interludes is Lana Del Rey at her most haunting, accompanied by a somber piano instrumental written by Jon Baptiste, who provides one of the interludes" 

Or something. It's just very strange that we have no mention of CN and then some mentions that just don't make sense. 

i think that reviewer is just on crack bc this is what they said in the next sentence about jon batiste interlude

Spoiler

which in turn gives way to the refreshingly experimental ‘Jon Batiste Interlude’, a solo piano track built on found sound from a broadway theatre performance, over which audience members’ comments and critiques are only just audible.

like WHAT :air:

4 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Yeah it’s very odd… maybe they all heard the song that was supposed to be in its place then they were told not to mention or review that song as it got swapped for something else? And that weird magazine didn’t get memo 

Not to toot my own horn but what I just said actually makes sense :party:

that could’ve why it seems abnormally absent from any reviews , because they actually never heard the song that is CN!

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I believe that’s the case.

Because i think if they’ve heard CN, they would mention it. If they’ve heard an album without CN, they would talk about how there are two interludes one after another.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Just now, Blossom said:

the strangest thing: the snippet lana posted of CN is recognized by AHA but the leaked, full version isn't??:scoff:

I literally think it’s just the shit quality bc when Kintsugi snippet leaked aha didn’t recognize it either but it was real

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

i think that reviewer is just on crack bc this is what they said in the next sentence about jon batiste interlude

Hide contents

which in turn gives way to the refreshingly experimental ‘Jon Batiste Interlude’, a solo piano track built on found sound from a broadway theatre performance, over which audience members’ comments and critiques are only just audible.

Ok but this isn't a 

Spoiler

misunderstanding of the tone and musicality (or even genre) of Jon Batiste interlude, it's just a lack of knowledge of the source material no? 

Just now, taco truck said:

I literally think it’s just the shit quality bc when Kintsugi snippet leaked aha didn’t recognize it either but it was real

but the quality is pretty good... I hope ur right though bc I love the leaked version

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Why would they play critics an incomplete album? That is so messy on their part if that is what happened. 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Hide contents

true but this doesn’t explain the lack of mention by other critics and AHA not recognizing the lq leak but recognizing lana’s instagram snippet :crossed: