Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

She’s in her critically PANNED era again, so I’m expecting commercial success. :oprah4:

Side note: COCC and BB were extremely overrated. I don’t understand why these two albums are rated higher than (BTD, UV, HM, etc). Critical praise equals flop. Keep in mind, NFR was a flop initially compared to her other albums too.

Honestly i’m in love with the version of Candy necklace we have so I will mourn this version if we don’t get it but at the same time I am so intrigued by the idea of a glitch pop Lana song…

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

18 minutes ago, ShootingNeon said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think Lana’s ever officially released a demo track on an album, no? I have a feeling the version we’ve heard is the one we’re gonna get and the reviewer was just unattentive and careless :true:

yes, I believe the reviewer was taking a shit during Candy Necklace and just made something up, sadly.

that or Digital Deluxe incoming~

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It doesn't even make sense. Why submit an incomplete piece for review? Like... WHO does that? What's the point? 

“A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review.”

they were actually invited to a listen party. It would be so expectedly messy for them to play the early version of the album :toofloppy:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Just now, Let the Light In said:

“A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review.”

they were actually invited to a listen party. It would be so expectedly messy for them to play the early version of the album :toofloppy:

If they heard the album friday then there is no way they played an early version… we are either getting glitch pop candy necklace (which lowkey sounds like it would work better with the A&W- John Batiste interlude run) or that reviewer was on crack and not listening

Kintsugi talking about a surprise of new music, an apparent alternate version to candy necklace……….. are y’all thinking what I’m thinking?

yeah. Ocean Blvd Deluxe Edition dropping on release day with 7 bonus tracks including candy necklace alt, screamo track, the HoneyYYYyyyyy song from JB interlude, bombastic tracks from Jack and more!

Edit actually this would serve as a digital deluxe bonus tracklist

17. yes to heaven

18. fine China / some other unreleased track

19. taco truck demo (OG song w/out VB)

20. screamo track

21. HONEY (I will not let this song/idea go)

22. Candy necklace alt

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

24 minutes ago, ShootingNeon said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think Lana’s ever officially released a demo track on an album, no? I have a feeling the version we’ve heard is the one we’re gonna get and the reviewer was just unattentive and careless :true:

Where the fuck would they have heard a “glitch pop” song😭 A&W outro is clearly trap, and interludes are like psychedelic piano creepy songs 

Morgan dropped to 250k sales 2nd week(with 36 songs!)

Miley debut with 119k. And Twice is 152k.

Lana would've easily scored a #3 or #2(a bit hard to top Twice)...

Now she does have a slim chance of beating Morgan in his 4th week.

But she's up against Pink Floyd, Jimin and Luke Combs as well.

Praying for a top #4 atleast. 

2 hours ago, Mariners Apt said:

"It’s a 10 - not because it’s faultless, not because everyone in the world will love it, not because it’s a skipless listen - but because it’s nothing below." -Lucy Harbron, Gigwise

Amazing way to put it. There are a few tracks I dislike, but this album is an artistic triumph

Late to this, but Lucy Harbron - you are a fucking icon. 

Spoiler

I’m gonna get killed for this but fingertips and sweet need to be deleted and this could be a 10/10 album for me

Spoiler

I honestly think this album is ranking one of the lowest for me....it's way too long, the interludes should've been cut, and I love that there are many career highlights, but the entirety of this album from front to back is one of her worst

Taco truck is also her worst closing track (worse than for free) it's lazy, and literally recycled venice...

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs usually... but the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

I’m gonna get killed for this but fingertips and sweet need to be deleted and this could be a 10/10 album for me

Spoiler

Honestly this but with sweet & fishtail. I’m sorry to the fishtail fans but I am not feeling it at all. Trade them out & give me the screamo track and this is almost snatching UV’s scalp for best album

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

and with that you entered your flop era, fingertips has her best lyrics to date and sweet is a gorgeous fairytale with lush strings and a perfect melody
get rid of the interludes, and THEN it's a skipless album

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, sereneking said:

Hide contents

I honestly think this album is ranking one of the lowest for me....it's way too long, the interludes should've been cut, and I love that there are many career highlights, but the entirety of this album from front to back is one of her worst

Taco truck is also her worst closing track (worse than for free) it's lazy, and literally recycled venice...

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs... and the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

not you joining just to say this.:toofunny:

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

I have your IP address and your SSN don’t make me use it…

I tried finding place of employment but you’re jobless so not like I can do anything there…

But in all seriousness both are big growers keep listening trust me

2 minutes ago, sereneking said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs... and the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

the for free statement was so outta pocket
pack it up, patty

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden