Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

No

Anyways what color is the candy necklace

the candy necklace has no color :wink: there's no room for it

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

when it turns out that Candy Necklace is a promotional single that becomes a single on release day and has a special surprise to go with it...

I’m so glad she isn’t sacrificing anything for critical acclaim. NFR’s one of my fav albums but it’s hands down her safest album too. It’s very easy for critics to love. Ocean Blvd is more daring and unconventional with moments like the second part of A&W, Fingertips and Peppers that lead to split opinions. It’s way more interesting to me. I love when she experiments and doesn’t keep it safe lyrically and sonically, but that’ll always be hit or miss with critics.

qfrWuBl.png

10 minutes ago, Max683 said:

I have been a Lana Del Rey fan since the release of Born to Die (the single) and have closely followed her music ever since. She is my favourite artist for sure. However, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the Did you know album. So many of the songs have no melody OR are sooooo boring. I don't understand how anyone could say this album is better than NFR. I miss the catchy tunes and the cinematic songs she use to sing, such as on Honeymoon. There were so many good songs on Blue Bannisters - if you lie down next to me, violets for roses, thunder, etc. All of these songs had great lyrics and good production, but this new album is so one note and they are forgettable with next to no tune. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but this is by no means even close to being her best work. Perhaps her worst actually! Does anyone actually agree with me? lol

how in the fuck is this album "one note". at least back up your shit. y'all really just be saying anything. :lmao:

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

when it turns out that Candy Necklace is a promotional single that becomes a single on release day and has a special surprise to go with it...

don't forget that i said this
bc i know im right

I've been listening to the album on repeat for several days now and have so much to say, but will save it for another day.

One thing I'll quickly mention is that she seems to have wholeheartedly embraced imperfection as an artistic device, whether it's the occasional off-pitch vocal or off-beat rhythm, and I find this very intruiging.

Spoiler

Candy Necklace has a few fumbles in the vocal-delivery, noticeably at 2:58 when she says "young and restless" and then the instrumental falls apart shortly after with a deranged piano melody, and it's so beautiful and necessary and makes the song one of the best on the album.

She echoed this sentiment when talking about the intro to The Grants - that the imperfection was symbolic and she knew it had to be left in to the beginning of the album.

Furthermore in the age of AI art, imperfection is what will seperate Lana from the inevitable Lana song-generator-bot of the future.

There's a fine line between highlighting the mistakes in an artwork so that it can take on more meaning, and just being lazy and not striving for excellence, and she is certainly in the former category.

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Quickly which one of you is Lana I know you are here I just know it

show yourself

and once you do, release THEE candy necklace :true:

which version you want? just kidding, there's only one version, the one that leaked

3 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Babes I don’t think they meant she’s active on here

I think she visited the site 

1. We talked about the candy necklace glitch pop shit and speculated about a possible different version of the song and she posted two snippets💀

2. We talked about the critics and she just addressed that topic. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

The good one :true:

good cause thats the only one :sass:
that review guy just made stuff up

No need to get aggressive people. I love Lana and she is my favourite musician. I'm just not connecting with this new album, and that is okay. One of my favourite albums of hers is Honeymoon and that is often referred to as her worst album. So what the hell do I know lol.