Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Most albums get an 80 these day lol. Poptimism and the fact that her past two albums scored in the same range. COCC also getting multiple perfect scores. And we know the real quality of those albums.

NFR 87 on metacritic is really more like 97 in todays music journalism.

Then do the reviews mean anything in the first place? Tbh this is an unpopular opinion but the only reviews I find interesting/care about are pitchfork and fantano… GP opinion is more important in the music sphere for relevancy so im waiting to see how they will feel about it. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Then do the reviews mean anything in the first place? Tbh this is an unpopular opinion but the only reviews I find interesting/care about are pitchfork and fantano… GP opinion is more important in the music sphere for relevancy so im waiting to see how they will feel about it. 

Reviews mean nothing everyone’s music taste is different and no one will ever agree but considering the lowest she’s got that I’ve seen is a 4 out of 5 I’m happy 

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s going to be sad that this will be another middling album from her. Forgotten with low sales, no acclaim, zero attention from the Grammys.

It’s worse because she is trying it with these tracks length thinking that critics will eat it up because it’s anti-trends and anti TikTok. Now it’s getting middling reviews. The album being uncommercial as it is won’t be seeing good streams either.

it’s gotten two 4/5 reviews and two 3.5/5 reviews 😭😭 that’s good right now

37 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:

I’m so sorry for asking this bc I’ve asked it before and lost it LOL but can anyone give me the lyrics of fingertips again? Love you babes. 

Spoiler

When l look back
Tracing fingertips
Over plastic bags
Thinking I wish I could extrapolate
Some small intention
Or maybe just get your attention
For a minute or two
Will I die
Or will l get to that ten year mark?
Where I beat the extinction
Of telomeres?
And if i do, will you be there with me?
Father, sister, brother
Charlie, stop smoking
Caroline, will you be with me?
Wil the baby be alright?
Willl have one of mine?
Can I handle it
Even if I do?
You said that I might
It's not fair, or so they said
To carry a child
I guess l'll be fine..
It wasn't my idea
The cocktail of things
That twist neurons inside
But without them
l'd die
They say there's irony in the music
It's a tragedy, I
See nothing Greek in it
Give me a mausoleum
In Rhode Island
With dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Dave
Who hung himself real high
In the National Park sky
It's a shame
And l'm crying right now
To get to you, save you
If I take my life
Find your astral body
Put it into my eyes
Give you two seconds to cry
Take you home, I
I'll give you a blanket
Your spirit can sit and watch TV by my side
'Cause baby, I
Ran through a time when I felt you were doing it I couldn't handle
I was in Monaco
I couldn't hear what they said on the telephone
I had to sing for the Prince in two hours
Sat in the shower
Gave myself two seconds to cry
It's a shame that we die
When I was 15, naked
Next door neighbors did a drive-by
Pulled me up by my waist
Long hair, to the beach side
I wanted to go out like you
Swim with the fishes
That he caught on Rhode lsland beaches
But sometimes it's just not your time
Caroline...
What kind of mother was she to say
I'd end up in institutions?
Alll wanted to do was kiss Aaron Green
And sit by the lake
Twisting lime into the drinks
That they made
Have a babe at 16
The town was born in and die
Aaron ended up dead and not me
What the fuck's wrong in your head
To send me away, never to come back
Exotic places and people
To take the place of being your child?
I give myself two seconds to cry
Let it crash over me
Like the waves in the sea
Call me Aphrodite
As they bow down to me
I give myself two seconds to cry
Let it crash over me
Like the waves in the sea
Call me Aphrodite
As they bow down to me
Sunbather, moon chaser
Oueen of empathy
I give myself two seconds to breathe
And go back to being a serene queen
I just needed two seconds to be me

here ya go :)

The NME review has me contemplating (god) this album in the sense that

Spoiler

Lana has integrated "past, present and future" into this album, giving us a lasting glimpse of her mindset today (the present case, her current reminiscing / burdens of the past, and current anxieties of the future) - when we frame that with the tunnel in mind, it's a metaphor of her entire lifespan or image as Lana Del Rey. As Lana reminds us of this tunnel which was built in the past, carried and transported many a people - cast to disarray today, forgotten and neglected - it makes us think of its future. Will we remember?

Lana was the Venice Bitch. She was the child castaway from her mother, sent to an institution for her drinking. She dealt with the trauma of death and suicidal ideation. Among more. These important references to the past help frame a more cohesive picture of what made Lana Del Rey.

Lana is today a sister, an aunt, a daughter, etc. She speaks of her family in present tense, discusses her current state of mind and shares the updated Lana Del Rey, who we should see her as NOW, ever shapeshifting. Lana tomorrow - she wonders whether we will remember then, whether her family will be by her side, whether it will all last the test of time.

She finishes the album with Venice Bitch as a callback to who she was and still is - we went full circle through the album (\past, present, future\) and she finishes it with what Norman Fucking Rockwell essentially started with (\back to past\).

I personally see Norman - Chemtrails - Ocean as a trilogy of albums. Some could even look at Norman as the past (past love, reminiscing, youthful hope), Chemtrails as the present (for its time, the press of Chemtrails was soaked in current events [covid mask, question for the culture, etc] and built during the confusion of the pandemic (a very present threat at the time, which affected her lyricism), and Ocean as the future (obviously because the entire main theme of the tunnel is about longevity & being remembered into the future).

Thoughts? lol

It's nice when she gets recognition and acclaim but Ultraviolence got a 74 on metacritic and BTD a 62 (while BB got an 80...) so it really doesn't mean anything lol idk why we're worrying abt all that. And also tbh the reviews have been pretty good so far?

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, tomxev said:

The NME review has me contemplating (god) this album in the sense that

Reveal hidden contents

Lana has integrated "past, present and future" into this album, giving us a lasting glimpse of her mindset today (the present case, her current reminiscing / burdens of the past, and current anxieties of the future) - when we frame that with the tunnel in mind, it's a metaphor of her entire lifespan or image as Lana Del Rey. As Lana reminds us of this tunnel which was built in the past, carried and transported many a people - cast to disarray today, forgotten and neglected - it makes us think of its future. Will we remember?

Lana was the Venice Bitch. She was the child castaway from her mother, sent to an institution for her drinking. She dealt with the trauma of death and suicidal ideation. Among more. These important references to the past help frame a more cohesive picture of what made Lana Del Rey.

Lana is today a sister, an aunt, a daughter, etc. She speaks of her family in present tense, discusses her current state of mind and shares the updated Lana Del Rey, who we should see her as NOW, ever shapeshifting. Lana tomorrow - she wonders whether we will remember then, whether her family will be by her side, whether it will all last the test of time.

She finishes the album with Venice Bitch as a callback to who she was and still is - we went full circle through the album (\past, present, future\) and she finishes it with what Norman Fucking Rockwell essentially started with (\back to past\).

I personally see Norman - Chemtrails - Ocean as a trilogy of albums. Some could even look at Norman as the past (past love, reminiscing, youthful hope), Chemtrails as the present (for its time, the press of Chemtrails was soaked in current events [covid mask, question for the culture, etc] and built during the confusion of the pandemic (a very present threat at the time, which affected her lyricism), and Ocean as the future (obviously because the entire main theme of the tunnel is about longevity & being remembered into the future).

Thoughts? lol

i see the vision fr.

44 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

i had a dream that lana released an ep to go with this album, it consisted of 5 unreleased songs (i think serial killer and say yes to heaven were on there) :toofunny: it seemed so realistic that when i logged onto LB today, i expected to see discussions about it on this thread, thank god it was just a dream :hillary:

well Pearl Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard is alive and breathing

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

42 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

why so negative?

No, I spilled. She scarified her commercial sound to appeal to critics and pretends she doesn’t care, but she does and gets mad when the reviews are negative. It’s a lost lost situation where she lost her commercial appeal only to get middling reviews anyways. They sent the album super early expecting great reviews I’m sure :eartha:. The fact that she’s also perched on Instagram posting just as reviews dropped. Oh, Lana don’t make that face.

It would be so much better for her to make bops for fans to enjoy then to cosplay poet and be artsy fartsy…like for what? You’re still getting zero Grammys.

On 1/23/2023 at 12:13 PM, fishtails said:

Since there are 8 weeks to wait (9 if you count release week) this is the perfect time to start listening to one album every week until Ocean Blvd is out! :smile:

There's even room for AKA or Violet (or both if you group BTD and Paradise together lol)

To do all of them I'm thinking I might do this:

This week: AKA

Jan. 30th - Born to Die/Paradise

Feb. 6th - Ultraviolence 

Feb. 13th - Honeymoon

Feb. 20th - Lust for Life

Feb. 27th - Norman Fucking Rockwell 

March 6th - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

March 13th - Chemtrails Over the Country Club 

March 20th (release week) - Blue Banisters

Or I might skip Violet and give Paradise its own week idk 

Finally at the end of this long journey and its Blue Banisters week!! :peace:

....and RELEASE WEEK!! 

:beyonce::dance::hype::grinds::understand:

Spoiler

Honestly though doing this really did make it easier to get to release week/make the time feel like it was going faster :true:

I was even able to hold off on listening to the leaks even though it was really hard not to at times :agree:

Now I'm ready to listen to BB this week and get destroyed by Ocean Blvd on Wednesday/Friday :creepna3:

5 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

No, I spilled. She scarified her commercial sound to appeal to critics and pretends she doesn’t care but she does and gets mad when the reviews are negative. It’s a lost lost situation where she lost her commercial appeal only to get middling reviews anyways.

It would be so much better for her to make bops for fans to enjoy then to cosplay poet and be artsy fartsy…like for what? You’re still getting zero Grammys.

girl... :awkney:

37 minutes ago, taco truck said:

My mind has been blown the past like 10-15 pages of this thread because since when has an 8/10 been a bad review:oprah2:

Lana is a genius, no doubt. But she also knows it, and that's where the problem is. 

She keeps expecting glowing reviews and obviously gets angry when she doesn't get them. She's clearly very sensitive to criticism / has a bit of an ego.

If she truly didn't care for reviews, she wouldn't even mention them nor think about them. But to pre-empt them by saying "Oh, I didn't want the reviews to be good" is just childish.

She's lucky everyone's still on her side after all the controversies and lack of conventional hits. She should learn when to be quiet sometimes and be classy. Pick her battles. That comment to Glastonbury should have been addressed to them privately or through her rep. Not drag them down in public.

Again, Ben is not a great manager for letting her do these things.

10 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

No, I spilled. She scarified her commercial sound to appeal to critics and pretends she doesn’t care, but she does and gets mad when the reviews are negative. It’s a lost lost situation where she lost her commercial appeal only to get middling reviews anyways. They sent the album super early expecting great reviews I’m sure :eartha:. The fact that she’s also perched on Instagram posting just as reviews dropped. Oh, Lana don’t make that face.

"cosplay as a poet" bro's obviously never heard the ride monologue.

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s going to be sad that this will be another middling album from her. Forgotten with low sales, no acclaim, zero attention from the Grammys.

It’s worse because she is trying it with these tracks length thinking that critics will eat it up because it’s anti-trends and anti TikTok. Now it’s getting middling reviews. The album being uncommercial as it is won’t be seeing good streams either.

Screenshot-Adblock-Browser-20230320-0958