Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

13 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

No, I spilled. She scarified her commercial sound to appeal to critics and pretends she doesn’t care, but she does and gets mad when the reviews are negative. It’s a lost lost situation where she lost her commercial appeal only to get middling reviews anyways. They sent the album super early expecting great reviews I’m sure :eartha:. The fact that she’s also perched on Instagram posting just as reviews dropped. Oh, Lana don’t make that face.

It would be so much better for her to make bops for fans to enjoy then to cosplay poet and be artsy fartsy…like for what? You’re still getting zero Grammys.

everytime you post its to say something negative, unnecessary and stupid. Your weird obsession with coming on here all the time solely to hate on Lana is fucking creepy. Like, how bout get a job? A hobby? Friends? 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

12 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

No, I spilled. She scarified her commercial sound to appeal to critics and pretends she doesn’t care, but she does and gets mad when the reviews are negative. It’s a lost lost situation where she lost her commercial appeal only to get middling reviews anyways. They sent the album super early expecting great reviews I’m sure :eartha:. The fact that she’s also perched on Instagram posting just as reviews dropped. Oh, Lana don’t make that face.

It would be so much better for her to make bops for fans to enjoy then to cosplay poet and be artsy fartsy…like for what? You’re still getting zero Grammys.

You're way out of line, bro. While dissing the critics is totally a bad move on her part, saying that she's "sacrificed making hits to appeal to critics" is just not right. Norman got glowing reviews but still had a hit (Doin' Time). Also, it's possible to make hits and still have critics back you up (look up Taylor Swift's Anti-hero) - those two things are not mutually exclusive. 

I feel like we can't expect initial acclaim to this album. To critics reviewing after one listen there's a huge chunk of the album (interludes, Kintsugi, Fingertips) that is just so inaccessible to a casual listener. I feel like if she really wanted NFR level acclaim she would've just took these off the album and released K/F as a double single, the rest of the album would've still been as long as her others.

Some of you needs to learn how to shut the fuck up :eek2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

28 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

not to be rude but this is not it - listen to what she said in her caption/poem (salamander). she’s not cosplaying as a poet, she’s a literal poet. like by definition lmao. you can not care about reviews but still be bummed if you don’t get the reviews you were hoping for, it makes sense to me. at the end of the day, while i’m sure she’s grateful for us, she owes us nothing and she should make the art that feels true to her. most of us can tell the art is genuine and that’s all that matters. i would never want her to make “bops” just for the sake of appeasing *some* fans - that would suck as an artist. if you’re only in it for the bops, why are you here lmao that comment is a super unfair take

29 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

she does not care that much i promise you 

"Cosplay Poet":facepalm:

She's regarded as one of the best songwriters currently. And that's enough for her and alot of her fans.

If you're seeking commercial bops and Target music, please immerse yourself in Taylor/Katy/Dua discography. 

32 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Whatever you spilled needs to be cleaned up, because this ain’t it. 

Damn...wasn't expecting this to happen with this album and I tried really hard for days but it looks like I'll need to sacrifice some songs to enjoy the album. :sadcore4:

Trying to find anything interesting for me in Sweet, Interludes, Paris, Margaret but so far without any results, they are actually the opposite of "growers" for me. Wish I could like this album as much as you all. Highs are very high though.

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Are we really getting mad over positive reviews?? This same luxury for experimentation would not have been afforded to her 4 years ago-some of you should be grateful that people are interested in the work. 

It’s not “we” :hillary:

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:

Damn...wasn't expecting this to happen with this album and I tried really hard for days but it looks like I'll need to sacrifice some songs to enjoy the album. :sadcore4:

Trying to find anything interesting for me in Sweet, Interludes, Paris, Margaret but so far without any results, they are actually the opposite of "growers" for me. Wish I could like this album as much as you all. Highs are very high though.

I think we all agree that the Interludes were completely unnecessary. So, you're not alone in this. 

33 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Her sound was never “commercial” though- BTD was string driven trip hop album with some pop and hip hop leaning moments, UV was soft rock and Psychedelic- it’s not like we were getting Ariana pop songs 

Idk, she seems pretty chill this era and I don't think she's going to keep on fighting critics to defend her art. I remember her saying "I did it for the critics" during BB release and now she says "reviews aren't supposed to be good". Therefore, I can she her transitioning from NFR soundscape and writing style with some heavy songs leading into light hearted ones. I'm excited to see her have fun with her music experimenting with a lighter tone in future. Like imagine if she completely switches genre. :worship: