Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, venicebeotch said:

i'm not sure if anyone has caught this yet, but i was looking at the 1st lyric post of kintsugi and i was reading the part with question marks by it: OP wrote it as:

Hide contents

"They sang folk songs from the forties, even befourteen year old new froggy
came according (???). How do my blood relatives know all of these songs, I don't know anyone left who knows songs that I sing"

So I did some research and i believe she's referencing like a super famous folk song first written in the 1540s called "froggey came a-courtin'"

so the lyric is "even before(four)teen year old froggey came a-courting.

could be wrong tho idek

Spoiler

i think the lyric is "even the fourteen year old knew froggy came a-courtin"

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

i think the lyric is "even the fourteen year old knew froggy came a-courtin"

that makes sense, the beginning part sounded kinda blended so i wasn't exactly sure but now i'm hearing it that way

A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review. There are drinks and snacks; the crunchy kind, to be chomped on during the masterpiece. We settle in, someone hits play and the tinny speakers deliver the album without much more fanfare or care than you would playing it for the millionth time through your cheap in-ear headphones. People go to the toilet missing entire tracks, twiddle thumbs, scribble notes. We listen once, and leave to give it a rating and comment on its merit. We’re the critics, and when Lana sings “I know you hate me” on the final track, it feels pointed. But it’s a wonder that she doesn’t hate us more."

this self sabotage... this is the type of shit ben and ed shouldn't allow to happen as managers

just look at BTD reviews and then look at its impact. I mean people who write it might not be a fan of her but it somehow ruins the hype sadly. Look at this forum, there are people who hates everything she does. It's not her fault, she put her whole heart into this album and it's already in my (and most of you) top 3 :)

Last hours have been only fighting here :(

Can we please go back to appreciate the album?

I'm on the third listen and i wanted to ask, since I'm not native speaker:

Spoiler

What does the sermon in the Judah Interlude talk about ?

Kintsugi is growing on me, while I still can't fully embrace Fingertips.

Paris is a skip at this point, not interested in a karaoke cover of SYML 😅

Let the Light In and Grandfather are just marvellous. 

18 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I thought ive seen it all but the „saying ben doesnt do his job right is misogynistic because lana has her autonomy” is the new lanaboards low:prettyhurts:

yeah except thats not what he said lmfao.. a week ago when The Grants came out he specifically said that Ben & Ed shouldn't have "let" her go with it as the 3rd single... n now that they shouldn't "let" her make instagram comments???? what do either of those things have to do with Ben and Eds actual job??? 

I have no problem with someone saying "Ben & Ed don't do their job well" but dont get it twisted, their job isn't policing Lanas every move or deciding how she releases the music she, not they, created imo. 

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

You'd think this album's being critically panned by some posts in this thread :toofunny:

literally, i got so confused for a second and thought we had a handful of 40-60s reviews to deal with :deadbanana:

image.png

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

You'd think this album's being critically panned by some posts in this thread :toofunny:

I knew this was gonna happen the minute everyone started deluding themselves into thinking this album was going to get a 10  from pitchfork and an 88+ on metacritic 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

the truth is when it comes to album

reviews lana is respected but doesn’t have the instant respect some other artists get where she’ll be handed a perfect score no matter what she does. NFR! and Chem are her only albums to achieve “universal acclaim” by Metacritic’s standards (81+/100)

lana’s acclaim is more of a general acclaim by critics, because acclaim isn’t just to do with albums 🙏 either way, although i’d really like for the album to receive huge amounts of praise (which it kinda already is, how are we complaining about 4/5 scores 😭), it’s a divisive record that requires more attention than a lot of reviewers have time for

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

when did he say that though? a week ago when The Grants came out he specifically said that Ben & Ed shouldn't have "let" her go with The Grants as the 3rd single... n now that they shouldn't "let" her make instagram comments??????? what do either of those things have to do with Ben and Eds actual job??? 

Thats… typically what managers do. Take care of someones image on social media and pick the singles… cuz they have the actual knowledge on this. Ben and ed dont do that therefore they dont do their job right :azealia:

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

i cant wait to see what fantano thinks of it tbh

one of y’all better screen record his reaction when listening 

Guessing he’ll give it a 6 ngl maybe a 7 if we are lucky but I doubt he will be able to get over the interludes + genre shifts

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・