Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, 111 said:

A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review. There are drinks and snacks; the crunchy kind, to be chomped on during the masterpiece. We settle in, someone hits play and the tinny speakers deliver the album without much more fanfare or care than you would playing it for the millionth time through your cheap in-ear headphones. People go to the toilet missing entire tracks, twiddle thumbs, scribble notes. We listen once, and leave to give it a rating and comment on its merit. We’re the critics, and when Lana sings “I know you hate me” on the final track, it feels pointed. But it’s a wonder that she doesn’t hate us more."

this self sabotage... this is the type of shit ben and ed shouldn't allow to happen as managers

This is so... :air:

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Not you saying Adele is very ugly and horrible to look at omg...

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

are you saying adele is an ugly hoe?

Yall are so mean:poordat:

10 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Thats… typically what managers do. Take care of someones image on social media and pick the singles… cuz they have the actual knowledge on this. Ben and ed dont do that therefore they dont do their job right :azealia:

well then I have to say I'm glad Lana's management doesn't do things that way. she obviously is with them specifically for *that* reason. nothing goes out with her say & while I get especially for a celebrity in the limelight a certain "image" can matter and be important, i feel like we are very lucky to have her authenticity even if its messy at times. shes a human being too before everything else and its okay for her to act like one

to me managers are more like supporters who help with promoting n marketing *the artists* vision , plan any events around it, tours etc. but whatevaaaa

27 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

literally every time you don't agree with something Lana does, even something as simple as her choices for singles or leaving a comment on instagram you bring up how her managers are the problem for "letting" her do it. as if they have/deserve this sort of power over her anyway... she is a grown adult woman with autonomy and thank God for that. no one owns her and no one ever will or should. these comments are getting borderline creepy and misogynistic, please check yourself for once thx.

Lol. I work in advertising and PR. So, I know what people pay managers and pr agencies for. I'm a huge feminist, and my comments have literally nothing to do with misogyny.

Why don't you ever see Adele or Taylor Swift or other artists make controversial statements - it's because their posts are managed and pre-approved. That's all that this is about. Chill out. 

Not everything is an attack on Lana ffs.

The 4/5 ones I agree. I do think its an 4/5 album or at least an 85/100. But the 3/5 I think are kinda low *for her*. For other artists, receiving a 3/5 is a good thing bc it’s the most that they’ll get, but for Lana I do think that it’s low and that something is wrong with it lol

anyways I love the album and LOVED the gigwise critic❤️

Just now, burthday kake said:

well then I have to say I'm glad Lana's management doesn't do things that way. she obviously is with them specifically for *that* reason. nothing goes out with her say & while I get especially for a celebrity in the limelight a certain "image" can matter and is important, i feel like we are very lucky to have her authenticity even if its messy at times. shes a human being too before everything else and its okay for her to act like one

I love how approachable and down-to-earth she is. She's literally one of the people; her own marketing agency, and it's working so well.  You can tell so many celebrities' socials are manufactured for them, and LDR is just your girl next door. It's brilliant and that's why fans connect with her on a personal level.

But there is an imaginary border that shouldn't be crossed, and sometimes, Lana crosses that border. A manager is supposed to be the person taking control of that, aka crisis management. This goes for male celebrities too. It's not about Lana being a woman and having Ben to "mansplain" anything. Her manager could also be a woman and it'd be exactly the same. 

I really don’t think this album is gonna be liked as a whole unless you are a Lana fan. I do think taco truck, let the light in, peppers, and fishtail could possibly be a tiktok hit but other than that this a weird mostly inaccessible album to gp and to critics, and I really don’t want people about to off themselves because pitchfork ends up giving it a 6-8 and some tiktok stan says they don’t like Kintsugi :toofunny:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Does anyone have the lyrics for the Judah Smith Interlude PLEASEEE

Spoiler

I’m falling in love with it. I think it was selected for a very specific reason and as I pick out some lyrics it’s making so much sense with her progression as an artist and in the context of the album. I think the final lyric says it best “I used to think my preaching was mostly about you- and you’re not gonna like this, but I’m gonna tell you the truth- I’ve discovered that my preaching is mostly about me”

im dying. It’s almost like a big fuck you to critics and people who focus on the fact that she sings a lot about the men in her life. It was never about the men- it was about her.

9 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Guessing he’ll give it a 6 ngl maybe a 7 if we are lucky but I doubt he will be able to get over the interludes + genre shifts

"bloated" is bound to come up. And he'll hate some of the tracks like Fishtail (he hated Cinnamon Girl and TJF). But I still think he'll give it a "light to decent 7' or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I love how approachable and down-to-earth she is. She's literally one of the people; her own marketing agency, and it's working so well.  You can tell so many celebrities' socials are manufactured for them, and LDR is just your girl next door. It's brilliant and that's why fans connect with her on a personal level.

But there is an imaginary border that shouldn't be crossed, and sometimes, Lana crosses that border. A manager is supposed to be the person taking control of that, aka crisis management. This goes for male celebrities too. It's not about Lana being a woman and having Ben to "mansplain" anything. Her manager could also be a woman and it'd be exactly the same. 

Your one spill

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I personally think she & Mike never even actually dated in the first place. 

Did she not literally confirm it in one of the interviews? She was talking about them dating and writing songs together and then after they broke up she talked to him because she didn’t want to lose the album’s songs just because of their breakup. 

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

well then I have to say I'm glad Lana's management doesn't do things that way. she obviously is with them specifically for *that* reason. nothing goes out with her say & while I get especially for a celebrity in the limelight a certain "image" can matter and be important, i feel like we are very lucky to have her authenticity even if its messy at times. shes a human being too before everything else and its okay for her to act like one

to me managers are more like supporters who help with promoting n marketing *the artists* vision , plan any events around it, tours etc. but whatevaaaa

To give you an idea, Adele doesn't even have the login details for her Twitter account. As she put it, "it's because I might say something stupid!"

In this rampant cancel culture we live in today, it's critical to have someone manage your public presence for you or, at least, with you.

The same collection of users seem to make the same obsessive comments over and over and over and over about what Lana shouldn't be doing with her career and declaring her projects a flop before they have even been officially released.....with all of the ideas and multiple essays and obsessive critiques I think these people should honestly apply to work at her record label! I'm sure you will be able to come up with some very creative and interesting cover letters and then when you get the job you will finally have an outlet to share your excellent ideas!

I really liked the Guardian review. The guy who wrote it also wrote Pitchfork's Best New Music blurb for A&W. I would hardly call an album getting 4/5s across the board a flop or a poorly reviewed album, LOL.

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

yeah of course her manager could also be a woman & my point would still also be exactly the same lmao- it is weird to a degree to think any human should or deserves to be policed so heavily by another. what cause they're famous? we, the public, create the celebrity and they shouldn't have to suffer for that IMO. will they make blunders? undoubtedly, thats life, we all make them too.

I'm sorry but i just think it's weird the way you talk about people "letting" her do things almost as if her free will is problematic .... i don't like that kind of take but lets just agree to disagree on it atp.