Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

yeah of course her manager could also be a woman & my point would still also be exactly the same lmao- it is weird to a degree to think any human should or deserves to be policed so heavily by another, down to simple statements on instagram. what cause they're famous? we, the public, create the celebrity and they shouldn't have to suffer for that IMO. will they make blunders? undoubtedly, thats life, we all make them too.

I'm sorry i just think it's weird the way you talk about people "letting" her do things being problematic .... i don't like that kind of take but lets just agree to disagree on it atp.

Tbh I think ur taking this as more sinister than it really is. Celebrities have a lot of “yes men” around them, and can get very inflated egos and become extremely out of touch, and they really need someone to tell them when things may not be a good idea. It’s really like your friend telling you that maybe you shouldn’t send that drunk text to your ex because it could make the rest of the night messy lol. Except these managers are getting paid to do this, so when things like qftc or mesh mask thing happen it looks very bad on her managers. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

grandfather please let me stand on your shoulders while you stand on the shoulders of my father while the girls are fighting

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

yeah of course her manager could also be a woman & my point would still also be exactly the same lmao- it is weird to a degree to think any human should or deserves to be policed so heavily by another, down to simple statements on instagram. what cause they're famous? we, the public, create the celebrity and they shouldn't have to suffer for that IMO.

will they make blunders? undoubtedly, thats life, we all make them too.

I'm sorry i just think it's weird the way you talk about people "letting" her do things being problematic .... i don't like that kind of take but lets just agree to disagree on it atp.

So the wording is your problem? That's fine, I can rethink the phrasing. 

But the fact is: celebrities are thought of in higher regard than me and you. What they say has more gravitas. Parents allow their children to consume Lana's content on social. The same parents who pay for those kids' allowance and, therefore, Lana's records. If Lana wrote something like "drugs are good," absolutely she should be stopped. Now, how you phrase that process of social media management is pure semantics. I'll use managed or co-managed if that will make you feel better

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Tbh I think ur taking this as more sinister than it really is. Celebrities have a lot of “yes men” around them, and can get very inflated egos and become extremely out of touch, and they really need someone to tell them when things may not be a good idea. It’s really like your friend telling you that maybe you shouldn’t send that drunk text to your ex because it could make the rest of the night messy lol. Except these managers are getting paid to do this, so when things like qftc or mesh mask thing happen it looks very bad on her managers. 

not really, i read everything he wrote n didn't see it as "sinister" (strong word, i said its weird at the most in my last post) after getting to know his thought process & i even said we'll agree to disagree but i simply have a different philosophy on things n was sharing that?

3 minutes ago, Actor said:

Why she just didnt record this album and gave to her family? Why she gave this to all of us, it's like christmas album (except few veeeery good songs) 

Because her entire personal life is essentially on display, why wouldn’t she write about her family. that u think her discography should be soulless and impersonal says a lot about the material U would prefer from her and the role artists play in our lives. Plus, she essentially gave it to her family by releasing it public anyway ! Take it or leave it

39 minutes ago, 111 said:

A week before release, we’re brought into a record label office basement to listen to Lana Del Rey's new album to review. There are drinks and snacks; the crunchy kind, to be chomped on during the masterpiece. We settle in, someone hits play and the tinny speakers deliver the album without much more fanfare or care than you would playing it for the millionth time through your cheap in-ear headphones. People go to the toilet missing entire tracks, twiddle thumbs, scribble notes. We listen once, and leave to give it a rating and comment on its merit. We’re the critics, and when Lana sings “I know you hate me” on the final track, it feels pointed. But it’s a wonder that she doesn’t hate us more."

this self sabotage... this is the type of shit ben and ed shouldn't allow to happen as managers

this is actually so camp and cunt something for the history books. i love it

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the album, I'm actually quite surprised it's not as well received as NFR. This album totally feels like Grammy-bait. I'm assuming they don’t want it to seem like bigger competition for Midnights. Taylor's team must have come through with another big check and free jet flights. 😒😒😒

Also, I can appreciate that people feel unsettled by Lana's messiness at times, but it's something I like about her (and something I like about her music). I don't want all of the artists I enjoy to have their entire persona, social media presence, artistic output, etc., focus grouped and PR'd to death and put through some sort of public approval bootcamp with PR managers....and in fact many of the truly great artists (in any field) were pretty messy people. And her messiness makes her imperfect, which makes her more human, which just adds further dimension and depth to her art. And it also makes her special - it's what sets her apart, in ways both good and bad (and in ways that are entirely neutral).

Also, a lot of people I know in real life are casual Lana fans - they aren't as obsessed as me, and they aren't at LB level, but they do like her music and they do generally keep up with her. 90% of the things LB worries about don't even register with most people. Most people don't care if Lana's posting something messy on Instagram about critics, or that Lana's putting out "another piano ballad," or that Lana's not doing music videos or she's not doing enough promo or she's not doing this or she's not doing that or she calls herself Lanita on the album, etc. Bottom line, people care about if the music is good, period. And the people I know IRL are really enjoying the OB singles so far - if not all of them, then at least one, and they're intrigued about the new album and what it's going to sound like. 

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

1 minute ago, tomxev said:

Because her entire personal life is essentially on display, why wouldn’t she write about her family. that u think her discography should be soulless and impersonal says a lot about the material U would prefer from her and the role artists play in our lives. Plus, she essentially gave it to her family by releasing it public anyway ! Take it or leave it

Yeah, sure, i m gonna take what i like and make an ep of 5 songs with an extra bonus track 

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

not really, i read everything he wrote n didn't see it as "sinister" (big word, i said its weird at the most) after getting to know his thought process & i even said we'll agree to disagree but i simply have a different philosophy on things n was sharing that?

Not trying to argue but in your conversation you pretty much said he was trying to imply they need to control her, which is not what they were saying and also is not what managers do, and I was explaining what the managers are actually supposed to do and why it isn’t controlling the artist, the sass truly is not needed😭 the idea of an artist being controlled by their manager is sinister (which also isn’t a big word but whatever lol) but sure agree to disagree, I was just trying to explain girl:bebe:

I like Lana over 10 years, i like what she used to do, but this.... I can't. And i dont need to force myself to like something i dont like, like the others. This album is not that good, and thats all. 3/10

24 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Not trying to argue but in your conversation you pretty much said he was trying to imply they need to control her, which is not what they were saying and also is not what managers do, and I was explaining what the managers are actually supposed to do and why it isn’t controlling the artist, the sass truly is not needed😭 the idea of an artist being controlled by their manager is sinister (which also isn’t a big word but whatever lol) but sure agree to disagree, I was just trying to explain girl:bebe:

sorry, i meant sinister aka evil is a *strong* word, like again, all i said is its a lil weird TO ME but i dont think bartttender is dracula or something lol.

i do think if you need to have someone look after every post you make, even down to a little instagram comment, it is kind of controlling & belittling tho.

of course managers don't control an artist, that was actually my entire point bc some people seem to think they should to certain degrees- e.g with choosing singles n social media.

4 minutes ago, DietMtnDewd said:

why are we discussing Lana’s management in the pre release thread? shouldn’t this be moved the random Lana conversation? the arguing is tired and annoying.

because it has to do with this album in particular i think

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

sorry, i meant sinister aka evil is a *strong* word, like again, all i said is its a lil weird .. i dont think bartttender is dracula or something lol.

i do think if you need to have someone look after every post you make, even down to a little instagram comment, it is kind of controlling & belittling personally.

of course managers don't control an artist, that was actually my entire point bc some people seem to think they should to certain degrees- e.g with singles n posts.

I mean really it’s up to the artist with how much they care about controversy, and at this point it seems Lana enjoys having controversy around her lol. But I know if I was an artist I would make sure my manager/publicist was checking every one of my posts so I don’t accidentally get cancelled:crying5: 

14 minutes ago, barttttender said:

So the wording is your problem? That's fine, I can rethink the phrasing. 

But the fact is: celebrities are thought of in higher regard than me and you. What they say has more gravitas. Parents allow their children to consume Lana's content on social. The same parents who pay for those kids' allowance and, therefore, Lana's records. If Lana wrote something like "drugs are good," absolutely she should be stopped. Now, how you phrase that process of social media management is pure semantics. I'll use managed or co-managed if that will make you feel better

barttttender’s redemption arc 🥂