Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Btw there's such a discrepancy between the general opinions here and critics, that it baffles me that we argue about reviews and such. I mean here's a quote from The Guardian's review

As on Blue Banisters (for my money, Del Rey’s best album) there’s an appealing aesthetic looseness to many of these songs.

:hillary:

Is it just me or…

Spoiler

Margaret and Let the Light In feel like LFL songs… but like 100x better… they have hopeful energy that Lust for life as an album has or was supposed to have. 

23 minutes ago, barttttender said:

So the wording is your problem? That's fine, I can rethink the phrasing. 

But the fact is: celebrities are thought of in higher regard than me and you. What they say has more gravitas. Parents allow their children to consume Lana's content on social. The same parents who pay for those kids' allowance and, therefore, Lana's records. If Lana wrote something like "drugs are good," absolutely she should be stopped. Now, how you phrase that process of social media management is pure semantics. I'll use managed or co-managed if that will make you feel better

no it's the philosophy behind it babes, im just too much of a free spirit (i guess) to think of things being that way for myself or anyone else.

undoubtedly with complete freedom comes risk, aka the possibility of bad things... e.g  a "go do drugs" esque post if thats the example we are using, that's the price of it for sure but id rather that than it be monitored or policed in anyway honestly.

now i see your view too, truly, its just not mine 

feeling slightly misunderstood rn and i think we should really just leave it here cuz we are going in circles atp & i said we could agree 2 disagree on it:xcry:

SORRY EVERYONE FOR CLOGGING THREAD

17 minutes ago, Actor said:

Yeah, sure, i m gonna take what i like and make an ep of 5 songs with an extra bonus track 

LMAOOOO

7 minutes ago, Actor said:

I need some mad, bad bit*h, gangsta hot record, dark and sexy and screaming girl from church

Okay I defended your right to an opinion once, but this is getting tired and repetitive already. We get that you don’t like it. Please move on to other artists. Once again, there’s nothing wrong with that. But your positioning in this forum is obviously annoying a lot of members and I don’t see the point of causing fights. There are countless of artists that make bad bitch pop records. Go listen to beyonce or whatever

Spoiler

Is it just my impression or in fingertips she talks about an episode of r*pe when she was 15 and then she thought about committing su*cide by running to the sea. Later in the song, she talks about having a baby at 16? but had a cocktail of things that twisted neurons (arons) inside (probably an ab*rtion)

Just now, x VB said:

They won’t

Given how much they liked AW, an 8.1 (best new record) is not outside the realm of possibilities I honestly expect 7.6 - the same as Lust for Life and Blue Banisters. 

But if they give it less than 7.5 (Honeymoon, Chemtrails), that's when we should be worried because it'd be the worst-reviewed album since Ultraviolence (7.1), so it'd kinda mean a fall in quality. But I don't think they'll go that low. So, I say 7.5 minimum, 8.2 maximum.

1 minute ago, BIackoutZoned said:
Spoiler

Is it just my impression or in fingertips she talks about an episode of rape when she was 15 and then she thought about committing suicide by running to the sea. Later in the song, she talks about having a baby at 16? but had a cocktail of things that twisted neurons (arons) inside (probably an abortion)

USE EFFING QUOTES PLEASE

8 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Okay I defended your right to an opinion once, but this is getting tired and repetitive already. We get that you don’t like it. Please move on to other artists. Once again, there’s nothing wrong with that. But your positioning in this forum is obviously annoying a lot of members and I don’t see the point of causing fights. There are countless of artists that make bad bitch pop records. Go listen to beyonce or whatever

And thank u. 

But for example, it annoys me that the album is praised all the time and it didnt deserve. We need to forget about this disaster. 

2 minutes ago, BIackoutZoned said:
Spoiler

Is it just my impression or in fingertips she talks about an episode of rape when she was 15 and then she thought about committing suicide by running to the sea. Later in the song, she talks about having a baby at 16? but had a cocktail of things that twisted neurons (arons) inside (probably an abortion)

oh that's not- 

😋🫶🏼