Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

26 minutes ago, BIackoutZoned said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is it just my impression or in fingertips she talks about an episode of r*pe when she was 15 and then she thought about committing su*cide by running to the sea. Later in the song, she talks about having a baby at 16? but had a cocktail of things that twisted neurons (arons) inside (probably an ab*rtion)

Spoiler

from what i gather she's talking abt the theory of neurotransmission or lack thereof/genetics relating to mental illness. when she says "but without them, i'd die" i understand that to mean it doesn't all swing down, that certain predispositions mean a person might be pushed towards breathtaking albeit risky experiences, etc. they otherwise would not have had, that can add all sorts of meaning to life, esp. if that's how u have always lived <3 

mUENGN9.png

7 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

i do agree a lot of these reviews seemed rushed.. the most alarming thing was the guardian’s reviewer saying bb was their fav album 😭😭

The Guardian's critics have been very questionable for a while now. That review was a mess when you read it in full. Also, Alexis Petridis is a total dickhead who gave NFR a 3/5. Then they totally ignored him and gave it The Best Album of the Year ranking a few months later. 

4 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s going to be sad that this will be another middling album from her. Forgotten with low sales, no acclaim, zero attention from the Grammys.

It’s worse because she is trying it with these tracks length thinking that critics will eat it up because it’s anti-trends and anti TikTok. Now it’s getting middling reviews. The album being uncommercial as it is won’t be seeing good streams either.

you think you sound so smart but you really just sound slow :flop:

😋🫶🏼

15 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

The Gigwise reviewer being the one who kept it real

the only worthwhile thing in all the reviews so far being that ocean blvd made them rethink their whole profession career and place in the industry :true:

mUENGN9.png

Downloaded the l3aks :awkney:. Played a bit of Fishtail already just to make sure it wasn’t fake:rip:. I don’t know whether I should continue or wait for release day.

I waited because I thought this album would be special. The reviews are making me reconsider :awkney:. I listened to COCC and BB leaks with no problems because honestly I did not care for those releases.

28 minutes ago, BIackoutZoned said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I get it, but then she says "what the fuck is wrong with you to send me away, exotic people and places to take the place of being your child"

Which I think she's talking about us, her fans, exotic people that take the places of being her child.

Spoiler

Lana is our mom for sure lol. 

But the lyric is “What the fuck’s wrong in your head to send me away, never to come back, exotic places and people don’t take the place of being your child”

I think she’s singing about her mother here  I believe it was her mother’s decision to send her away to Spain when she was 15. She mentions it in a IG live - I think that’s the exotic people she’s talking about. Also then she was sent away later in life to boarding school due to her alcoholism/drug use. So I think she’s always felt discarded… and doesn’t understand how a mother could do that to her own child 

(44mins in when she starts speaking Spanish lol, if anyone can translate)

5 hours ago, venicebitch said:

Her quoting that Taco Truck lyric and saying “the reviews aren’t supposed to be good” is fucking SOOOO dramatic and so her. The reviews are literally good :deadbanana: this woman istg……

she is me and i am her :hair:

😋🫶🏼

5 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:
  Hide contents

from what i gather she's talking abt the theory of neurotransmission or lack thereof/genetics relating to mental illness. when she says "but without them, i'd die" i understand that to mean it doesn't all swing down, that certain predispositions mean a person might be pushed towards breathtaking albeit risky experiences, etc. they otherwise would not have had, that can add all sorts of meaning to life, esp. if that's how u have always lived <3 

Spoiler

Yes, I got you. But I think about that technique she uses in the greatest "blind/blonde and gone", or in Salvatore "soft ice cream, soft I scream", or white mustang "why am I staying"

Cause the way she says "twisted neurons" reminds me of "all I wanted to do was to kiss Aaron"

And the she says "Aaron ended up dead and not me, whats the fuck is wrong with your head to send me away, exotic people and places to take the place of being your child"

Neurons and Aaron sound quite the same, and maybe these cocktail of things (medicines) made her undergo through a miscarriage.

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

I really want to know if it’s normal for critics to be put in a single room with bad speakers to review an album. 

I’d say that’s very strange because albums get sent to publications for review. Usually they have their space and time with it.

This is more like a listening party with critics.

4 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s going to be sad that this will be another middling album from her. Forgotten with low sales, no acclaim, zero attention from the Grammys.

It’s worse because she is trying it with these tracks length thinking that critics will eat it up because it’s anti-trends and anti TikTok. Now it’s getting middling reviews. The album being uncommercial as it is won’t be seeing good streams either.

keep that dog shit opinion real close to yourself

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

They didn’t record bb together? And also the fig tree metaphor and “I chose one” with all the pics of Mike implies it but idk it seems like her and Jack are together too so it’s weird

don't forget that new Evan dude she's supposedly also with :bebe: in her polyamorous era :hottie:

😋🫶🏼

anyone who listened to the l**ks are there any songs with similar vibes to “chasing the sun” by angel olsen? bc that one’s been really doing it for me this past week