Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

lmao :awkney: this doesnt change the fact that shes never going back to the sirens/AKA sound.. even her voice is distinctly different

I agree but I still find that if his last projects would have appeared on aka it would not have shocked me since it sounds like lizzy grant was doing it :smile2:

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Imagine complaining in 2023 that she isn't "gangster Nancy Sinatra" anymore :hide:

I think those kinda of people should really unstan her, cause the negativity they spread everytime we get a song that isn't an overproduced pop slut song is getting really tiring.

Some of you really have run off some amazing members with your draining negativity; hope you're feeling proud of yourselves.

Spoiler

Glad that there doesn't seem to be two versions of Candy Necklace anymore. I have no idea what that reviewer was on.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Imagine complaining in 2023 that she isn't "gangster Nancy Sinatra" anymore :hide:

Imagine getting in 2023 something C-side unreleased from '40th about family

I getting so much hate because i dont like the album. I didnt said anywhere that u cant like it. People who dislike it too cant say a word, or very few, because u all r goin to crucify them. So much people dont like it and thats a fact. 

13 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

Im sorry but why people start hating the album my hype is kinda gone now after seeing all the people saying it's a bad album:toofloppy:

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Look, it's a good album with some fantastic songs on it (Ocean Boulevard, Taco Truck, Paris, Texas, etc.). 

It's a massive improvement on Blue Banisters and has something for everyone. It's also exploring new avenues for Lana (e.g., gospel). I think it's brilliant how she starts with the gospel and mentions her pastor, only to finish with dropping acid and lyrics like "when I'm violent, it's Carlito's Way" and "blood on my hands"

It's just a bit inconsistent (messy in terms of genres) and has songs that could have been cut out (the interludes, mostly) for both listenability and brevity.

My biggest disappointment is that there are no bops on it, like Summertime Sadness, Doin' Time, Blue Jeans, and so on. It's her saddest/moodiest record or, at least, one of the saddest.

But you should wait to hear it for yourself. Because some people adore it, some hate i - it's completely individual. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

this has prolly already been asked but- 

what songs should i listen to to prepare myself for the album?

(i haven't listened to leaks)

Blue Banisters :true:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

5 minutes ago, Mistress999 said:

Where you all already aware that Paris was a 

Reveal hidden contents

Cover?

If you mean a sample, yeah it’s SYML who is featured on the front cover of the album. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Some of you really have run off some amazing members with your draining negativity; hope you're feeling proud of yourselves.

Hide contents

Glad that there doesn't seem to be two versions of Candy Necklace anymore. I have no idea what that reviewer was on.

Yes. I am done with this. The negativity is just overbearing at this point. 

Have not really listened to the full album yet, but I skipped thorough the leaks and I have tge feeling that I will belong to the minoroty on here who prefers the first half of the album. 

Spoiler

Fishtails does nothing for me. Kinda disappointed after seeing it being hyped af here. Lyrics are nice but the trap stuff fails to excite me. It lacks the elegance of Freak/ Cherry/ CG/ TJF in my opinion.

On the other hand, I did not have high expectations for Candy Necklace and it turned out to be one of my favs

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

@Fingertips @Jeanne Dielman don’t leave us loves :trisha:  <3 

hoping everyone n everything calms down  with the official release this week n maybe some fun posts from lana, merch drop, content from the listening parties/pop up, possible music video? etc. 

Spoiler

but then again its just more stuff for certain ppl to complain about:toofunny:

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

She is sampling a piano composition and adds additional production and lyrics on top. That's not a cover.

But...

Spoiler

She's singing every single note from the original song. I compared the two song and they are melodically identical from head to toe...

Verse/chorus/special, every section is identical..

i think that if she had title track, margaret & either of the last two tracks on the album as the first 3 singles, there would be much more hype around the album