Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

27 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Look, it's a good album with some fantastic songs on it (Ocean Boulevard, Taco Truck, Paris, Texas, etc.). 

It's a massive improvement on Blue Banisters and has something for everyone. It's also exploring new avenues for Lana (e.g., gospel). I think it's brilliant how she starts with the gospel and mentions her pastor, only to finish with dropping acid and lyrics like "when I'm violent, it's Carlito's Way" and "blood on my hands"

It's just a bit inconsistent (messy in terms of genres) and has songs that could have been cut out (the interludes, mostly) for both listenability and brevity.

My biggest disappointment is that there are no bops on it, like Summertime Sadness, Doin' Time, Blue Jeans, and so on. It's her saddest/moodiest record or, at least, one of the saddest.

But you should wait to hear it for yourself. Because some people adore it, some hate i - it's completely individual. 

“there are no bops on it” 

NOW, i know tf you’re lying thru your teeth. 

25 minutes ago, Mistress999 said:

Where you all already aware that Paris was a 

Hide contents

Cover?

You keep posting about this being a “cover” you have a right to your opinion but why keep posting about it every 20 pages? Move on 

i’m just a tad confused with some of y’all who have stated (multiple times) your dislike for the record. which is fine, everyone has their own opinion and taste level. but my question is why tf are you in this forum still if you’re not a fan of the new music? all you’re doing is bringing the vibe down and making it more of a miserable experience. we get it, you’ve told us you don’t like it…move on and give us, who do love the new music, the space to celebrate it. 

thank you 

4 minutes ago, emliqua said:

You keep posting about this being a “cover” you have a right to your opinion but why keep posting about it every 20 pages? Move on 

Spoiler

It's because I don't know when my posts get approved so I never know when what I said has been published...

Im sorry anyway

24 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Have not really listened to the full album yet, but I skipped thorough the leaks and I have tge feeling that I will belong to the minoroty on here who prefers the first half of the album. 

Hide contents

Fishtails does nothing for me. Kinda disappointed after seeing it being hyped af here. Lyrics are nice but the trap stuff fails to excite me. It lacks the elegamce of Freak/ CG/ TJF in my opinion.

On the other hand, I did not have high expectations for Candy Necklace and it turned out to be one of my favs

Spoiler

i feel the same way. i think the last 4 are my least favorite from the record with fishtail being the worst offender (personal taste). i said this when the entire album first leaked and was told i don’t appreciate hot and sexy bops 💀 cherry, tulsa, and freak were slutty boos that were much better executed imo

15 minutes ago, living legend said:

i’m just a tad confused with some of y’all who have stated (multiple times) your dislike for the record. which is fine, everyone has their own opinion and taste level. but my question is why tf are you in this forum still if you’re not a fan of the new music? all you’re doing is bringing the vibe down and making it more of a miserable experience. we get it, you’ve told us you don’t like it…move on and give us, who do love the new music, the space to celebrate it. 

thank you 

Because we r people too, and we r mad, we wanted something to like, like all of u. Thats not means thar we r not fans (anymore). I said that i like few songs. But theres 16 songs and i like 5, which is bad. Then people started to fight with us who doesnt like it, why we cant chat about it, like all of u who like it

And i never wanted to fight with anyone, but i m not going to be silent when people talks sh*t about me

HELP I just woke up to the Rockefeller posts LMAO first of all 1) LDR reads LB confirmed and 2) What does all of this mean?!?! I’m screaming it can’t be a coincidence she acknowledged this track in two posts after our glitch meltdowns yesterday :eartha: 

Lana hi bestie we love you and we LOVE Candy Necklace!!!!! 👋🍬🍭

Comparing Ocean Blvd's scores with her 3 last albums (taken from ATRL):

Spoiler

Gigiwise
Ocean Blvd - 100
Blue Banisters - N/A
Chemtrails - 90
Norman - N/A

Mojo
Ocean Blvd - 80
Blue Banisters - 80
Chemtrails - 80
Norman - 100

The Guardian
Ocean Blvd - 80
Blue Banisters - 60
Chemtrails - 60
Norman - 60

NME
Ocean Blvd - 80
Blue Banisters - 80
Chemtrails - 100
Norman - 100

The Independent
Ocean Blvd - 80
Blue Banisters - 80
Chemtrails - 100
Norman - 80

The Line of Best Fit
Ocean Blvd - 70
Blue Banisters - 70
Chemtrails - 80
Norman - 7.5

CLASH
Ocean Blvd - 70
Blue Banisters - 70
Chemtrails - 90
Norman - 80

DIY
Ocean Blvd - 70
Blue Banisters - 80
Chemtrails - 70
Norman - 90

You all having meltdowns over... This? :toofunny:

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

it would be cool if she sold cany necklaces as merch but idk how sanitary that would be :smile3:

A&W necklace (Candy Version)

Watch it be £25

Just now, yourolllikethunder said:

coming on here like a naive baby deer who’s heard nothing but the singles to say I LOVE WHATEVER SONG IS IN HER “5AM” post… these dark instrumentals have me living !! the melody reminds me a bit of the American Beauty score

You’re in for a treat, the song is unlike any other Lana song :ma: