Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

guys it's finally spring the sun is shining the birds are chirping i smell the vibes in the air and i'm listening to Taco Truck and it feels so good, personally i feel like TT is a summer song but with spring starting i feel more and more connected to the song (also spring is my fav season)

:trisha:

Candy Necklace is so iconic already :thumb2:

The reviews omitting it or describing it as glitch pop - whatever that is - are suspicious but I don't think we're getting a different version on streaming.

The snippets Lana posted sound like what we have and even if they are from months ago when they just finished it, she wouldn't post them if it changed drastically... unless she's feeling chaotic and in a troll mood of course :hide:

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Wait…so Lana posts two videos in the middle of the night about Candy Necklace, potentially confirming she or her team reads this thread, and people in here still want to be so negative about the album endlessly? :toofloppy:  they're releasing a video for it this week :party:

4 more days…:magikarp:

fixed it

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Can we link the review snippets that people are upset with? I’m curious as to what is causing this chaos?

The reviews themselves read quite positive, the meltdowns are due to the lack of 90/100 or 100/100.

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Right. It's a forum, not an echo chamber. The purpose is not to comfort and support the emotional fragility of the immature, who find every disagreeing opinion to their own a threat and an attack. Of course some fans and Stans won't like OC, and some professional critics won't as well. Of course

I'm surprised this go-around how many members I thought were more emotionally mature have been throwing around outrageous words and accusations, and then stepping back and saying, "Who? Me? Innocent me?" So full of love for what they like and so full of bile for everything else. They're caught in a conondrum and must be in their overall lives as well. 

Agreed - eloquently put, it’s almost like being victimised a little for having an opinion. So far the ‘vibe’ hasn’t been that bad if I’m honest so not sure what the fuss is about.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, American Whore said:

wait reads this thread? i'm confused lol wdym

some were guessing maybe she does since she posted two videos on Honeymoon Instagram in the middle of the night, both of Candy Necklace, after this thread went crazy about the song just hours before 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

What a dreadful 30 pages I just read :wowcry:

Anyways, the reviews are good but she deserves better and some of them are just so carelessly written that it's frustrating. It's fine if you don't like something but find a different career if you don't want to review thoughtfully. I still think Pitchfork is gonna pull through with a rave. 

I agree. Screw pitchfork and all, but they'll likely take the time to try and understand the interludes (doesn't mean they'll like them) and aren't going to be scared away by the more challenging parts of the album. They will though find something to bitch about - with this album though, just not sure what.

One thing is for sure in my mind: this album is dense and intense, and I’m pretty sure I won’t love every part of it at first. My définitive ranking / thoughts on it will take a couple of weeks. 

Just now, evalionisameme said:

We have the same conversations all the time about whether artists read here- it’s their own choice and we are a lot nicer than what you see on the Daily Mail or even ATRL

i think it'd be so fucking meta and iconically funny if lana read this fucking thread :thumb: like imagine being someone with a dedicated website about you that you read. that seems very silly lol but i honestly wouldn't be totally surprised

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Can we link the review snippets that people are upset with? I’m curious as to what is causing this chaos?

Ikr this album legitimately doesn’t have a “bad” review yet. I guess the 70s are meh, but every great album has had critics that were more lukewarm on it. My favorite album of all time (Boys for Pele) was reviewed negatively when it first came out and it’s legitimately a trailblazing masterpiece. 

1 minute ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

What is 5AM

her IG post

she teased sth with this caption and since I didn't listen to any of the leaks I don't know (and don't want to) if it's from CN or another song

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Agreed - eloquently put, it’s almost like being victimised a little for having an opinion. So far the ‘vibe’ hasn’t been that bad if I’m honest so not sure what the fuss is about.  

Thank you. I agree--it is 'victimization' in the sense that there is bullying and verbal abuse involved, and other 'mob behaviors' too. The response to OB as an album here has been largely positive from all that i've read, though members will have differing opinions on a song-by-song basis. As expected. 

1 minute ago, Rico25 said:

her IG post

she teased sth with this caption and since I didn't listen to any of the leaks I don't know (and don't want to) if it's from CN or another song

If you want to know, from what I gathered here:

Spoiler

It’s a new snippet of Candy necklace