Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

was the part about mental health necessary?

Yes, because that's clearly a source of the problem. But don't make the same mistake of interpreting that as if I am 'trashing' ill mental health. As I've said here before, it's as common and varied as physical ill health. 

13 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

It’s possible that those songs are leaked while they were sent to mastering process. This might also explain why they don’t have CN if it was late replacement and if they didn’t send it with this bunch.

Spoiler

The Margaret leak has like a lot of silence and the beginning and end so I’m assuming that’s why

Just now, Vertimus said:

So: was the global listening party the 'surprise'? 

Could be, but to me that doesn't align his clue that "this is something not related to any Ocean album tracks". He also said "something she's never done", has she done this before? He just seemed way too excited personally for that to be it, but who knows. If it's anything else though, he at least got the timing wrong.

idk why you're acting all surprised, it was obvious from the start this album wouldn't get 10/10 reviews since it's too diverse for the reviewers - it's not a too digestible album and this is EXACTLY why it's one of her best

the truth is that top rated albums are consistent and sometimes just safe, critics don't want to think and interpret too much cause they're often too stupid for that lmfao

30 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Ikr this album legitimately doesn’t have a “bad” review yet. I guess the 70s are meh, but every great album has had critics that were more lukewarm on it. My favorite album of all time (Boys for Pele) was reviewed negatively when it first came out and it’s legitimately a trailblazing masterpiece. 

70/100 is a very good score. The reviews are promising! Sure, nobody gave it 5/5 stars yet, but with that running time and two interludes placed where the are, we didn't really expect that to happen. 

I have to say, if the album is mostly slow ballads with no beats, I am not sure if I will gag just because Lana has done it so much on Blue Banisters (nothing wrong with ballads I just want more) so I am sat for sure but with these reviews, I feel like I am either gonna love it or I'm gonna be indifferent until it hits me. 

8Qg234E.gif

2 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

Could be, but to me that doesn't align his clue that "this is something not related to any Ocean album tracks". He also said "something she's never done", has she done this before? He just seemed way too excited personally for that to be it, but who knows. If it's anything else though, he at least got the timing wrong.

Yeah, to me, a 'global listening party' is more exciting in theory than in actuality, and I can't see BOZ or any other 'insider' getting too hepped up about it. 

5 minutes ago, Sweet said:

I have to say, if the album is mostly slow ballads with no beats, I am not sure if I will gag just because Lana has done it so much on Blue Banisters (nothing wrong with ballads I just want more) so I am sat for sure but with these reviews, I feel like I am either gonna love it or I'm gonna be indifferent until it hits me. 

Spoiler

Even though the slow songs are good, I do agree she should have added a few more with more involved production as we do have a lot of piano ballads now.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Spoiler

Even the trap beats don’t save most of the songs :noparty: it’s ballad City 

Just now, burthday kake said:

me when

Hide contents

"I give myself two seconds to cry, let it crash over me like the waves in the sea, call me Aphrodite as they bow down to me

sunbather, moon chaser, queen of empathy- i give myself two seconds to breathe & go back to being a Serene Queen

i just needed two seconds to be me"

851fac4bd0ba93904663c9022439a277.jpg

Ben and Ed should hire you to make album visualizers :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This isn’t just an echo chamber to say how great everything is. I want to see constructive criticism and opinions not just ‘magnum opus 10/10’  I think we should embrace all reactions here like or dislike.  Society is getting more intolerant to anything perceived as negative or critical, instead of accepting it’s just part of normal human expression. I think we should accept some fans won’t like the album and that’s ok. 

and i've accepted that fact LOL. doesn't mean we need to hear it 100 times that you hate the record...we got it the first time. thats all :) 

there's also a way to have discourse without just being negative and saying "this record sucks" 

Spoiler

do you realize I could have been the one to change your life, you could have had a bad girl by your side, could have had a bad girl if u wanted :noparty: oh shit wrong forum